• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animation trouble.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Evertime I make an animation, I can see the previous layer during the whole thing. Can someone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
what program you using?

you may have your replace/combine settings mixed up

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
GIMP 2.
I used a good tutorial and their animation turned out just fine. I did everything correct but its still doesn't come out right.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Are you sure that all your layers are the same size?

I'm not sure if I even know what I'm talking about is right, but I remember coming across a problem like this before.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Yes they are. But let's say I did a bubble in the sprite. The bubble shows throughout the clip even if I don't want it to. Make sense?

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
i use GIMPshop & i'd imagine it's close to GIMP 2 so i'll hazard a couple of guesses...

check the layers - are they set as "replace" or "combine"?

with "replace" your animation will delete the old layer & start afresh with the next layer - with "combine" the layers will just be placed over each other so any transparency will allow the previous layer to show through

maybe the layer is "locked"?

this is a function i don't fiddle with on mine - but make sure the layer with the bubble on isn't "locked" (it may have a padlock symbol by the side - it does in GIMPshop)

if the .xcf file isn't too big - open an account at http://www.fileden.com & upload it there - i'll download it & have a look for you dude