• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Awards 2013

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
OKAY! Since we're almost done the two thousand and thirteenth year since, uh, something, I think it's time for us to give stupid awards to anime.

Best Adaptation:
Worst Adaptation:
Best Original Series:
Best Soundtrack:
Best Opening:
Worst Opening:
Best Ending:
Worst Ending:
Most Disappointing:
Most Pleasant Surprise:
Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007):
Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007):
Best Character (male):
Best Character (female):
Most Sexy:
Most Moé:
Worst Character:
Funniest Episode:
Best Animation Quality:
Worst Animation Quality:
Best Voice:
Best OVA:
Best Movie:
Best Studio:

Single Best Episode of 2013:

Worst Anime of 2013:

Anime of the Winter 2013 (ending):

Anime of the Winter 2013:
Anime of the Spring 2013:
Anime of the Summer 2013:
Anime of the Fall 2013:

Anime of the Fall (starting):

Anime of the Year 2013:

I gave Fall and Winter two bits each because of the anime that often get split into two halves between years.

Give awards to whatever you like. You don't even have to do all of them, just do whatever. Divide them into seasons! Add your own! Best Anime Featuring Dogs in Hoodies! Any award you wanna give, go for it. If you can't decide add a runner-up!

Best Adaptation: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Can't say much for adaptations myself since I rarely read the source material beforehand. Watamote was one of the few I did, and I think they nailed it. The second-hand embarrassment and cringe moments were only amplified in the anime, so hats off to Silver Link.
Runner-up: Pokémon: The Origin

Worst Adaptation: Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen
Not bad, but probably the worst I've seen this year. Even though I have not read the manga, by just watching this anime I was very aware that it was rushed. A shame it wasn't able to have more episodes, really.
Runner-up: Devil Survivor 2

Best Original Series: Kill la Kill
Sushio's vibrant and expressive character designs. A dynamic and interesting cast. A well crafted world unlike any I've ever seen. Kill la Kill is bursting with content that feels both familiar and fresh.
Runner-up: Suisei no Gargantia

Best Soundtrack: Kill la Kill
I can't stop listening to it. The hype-inducing orchestral pieces, the German Blumenkranz, Don't Lose Your Way.

Best Opening: Guren no Yumiya
The sensation. The track that went viral and helped bring Shingeki into the mainstream (for better or worse). It's a damn catchy and exciting song, it goes with everything and people can't get enough of it.
Runner-up: Monogatari Series: Second Season: Kogarashi Sentiment

Worst Opening: Hataraku Maou-sama!
That ear splitting 「GET OUT OF GAAATE. TRUUUUE SKYYYYYYYY
Make it stop, please.

Best Ending: Chihayafuru 2
The amount of feelings felt at the end of each episode transfer into this song. Every cliffhanger or tense moment is washed away by Akane Sora.
Runner-up: Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

Worst Ending: Free!
No thanks, not my thing.

Most Disappointing: Kotoura-san
What started off as a gripping emotional but still heartfelt comedy quickly fell off a cliff into mediocrity. What a terrible second half. Kotoura-san wins this because it started off so well.
Runner-up: Red Data Girl

Most Pleasant Surprise: Servant x Service
This is something I initially blew off as being "not Working!!" But it was Working!!. But different. But still 100% there with the same comedy and character jokes I love. So glad I gave it a chance.
Runner-up: Suisei no Gargantia

Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007): The Tatami Galaxy
Aria is in a weird spot for this because it begins before 2007 and ends after 2007. Consider it a runner-up for each, but a winner of both I guess. Fantastic series overall.
Anyways Tatami Galaxy is something I missed in 2010. It's an expertly crafted story with a great relatable message and a style unlike any other. Easy favourite for me, definitely the best "new" show I saw this year.
Runner-up: Kara no Kyoukai

Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007): Diebuster
Gainax at it's prime here. I love the FLCL style and the animation. Most of all I love what they did to this universe. They made a worthy sequel to one of their classics and gave it a perfect ending.
Runner-up: Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid

Best Character (male): Ledo (Gargantia)
Do you like character development? Because boy Ledo was a treat. Seeing a character change his morals, his personality, and even his language was incredible. His skin gets tanned as the show goes on.
Runner-up: Hachiken (Silver Spoon)

Best Character (female): Mako (Kill la Kill)
Mako is love. Mako is fun. Mako is god tier. Winning the friendship means winning at life. Mako is the energy and joy of Kill la Kill. The comic relief that gives the main heroine heart. Something to fight for besides bloodlust and revenge. Without Mako Kill la Kill would be a very different show.
Runner-up: Lucy (Servant x Service)

Most Sexy: Bellows (Gargantia)
Yoko's doppelganger, basically.
Runner-up: Kurugaya (Little Busters! ~Refrain~)

Most Moé: Lucy (Servant x Service)
Runner-up: Airi Ban (Devil Survivor 2)

Worst Character: Evil Scientists (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S)
DARKNESS OF ACADEMY CITY *glasses push*
I can't be bothered with their names. The weakest of villains I've seen in a long time. Man were they terrible.
Runner-up: Kirino (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.)

Funniest Episode: Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6: Shocking Pink
Yes, the idol episode. I can't think of a better 23 minutes where I laughed as hard or as often as I did here. KyoAni at it's funniest this year, going back to Fumoffu style wackiness.
Runner-up: Servant x Service, just pick one

Best Animation Quality: Kyoukai no Kanata
This is KyoAni at it's best. Even when it's not being flashy with the drool-worthy fight scenes, the subtle emotions found in each character are animated so realistically.
Runner-up: Nagi no Asukara

Worst Animation Quality: Ishida to Asakura
It's like Cromartie, but not funny or clever with it's visual gags. Just plain ****. Every "Worst" award could go to this honestly.

Best Voice: Miyuki Sawashiro
Runner-up Miyuki Sawashiro

Best OVA: Little Witch Academia
That counts as an OVA right?
Runner-up: Pokémon: The Origin

Best Movie: Wolf Children
Easy pick here. This movie is so damn perfect and I recommend it to everyone. It's gorgeous and original and just a great tale about family. If you haven't seen it you're missing out.
Runner-up: The Garden of Words

Best Studio: TRIGGER
Okay Kill la Kill has been animated on the budget of a potato. It still looks great! Yeah, some parts are obviously cheapened by animation stills sliding around but TRIGGER knows when to make light of that and when to pull the big punches. Episode 4 looks awful but it adds to the comedy. Then 3 and 5 look fantastic when the big fights hit.
But what really makes TRIGGER stand out in my mind is not just the talent behind it but the reaching out towards western audiences Little Witch Academia free on YouTube. Kickstarter that gets funded within hours. Thank you letters and holiday greetings in English. An active Facebook group, English website and streaming of Kill la Kill online. INFERNO COP on YouTube. As a new studio TRIGGER is already making a big impact.

Single Best Episode of 2013: Kill la Kill Episode 3: Junketsu
It's all in that one moment when Sanbika starts playing. The excitement and feeling I got from this episode was everything I wanted and more. It was this one where I realized I was really watching the spiritual successor to Gurren Lagann.
Runner-up: Space Brothers Episode 43: Brian

Worst Anime of 2013: Attack on Titan
Just kidding, it's Ishida to Asakura.

Anime of the Winter 2013 (ending): Psycho-Pass
Runner-up: Bakuman 3

Anime of the Winter 2013: Chihayafuru 2
Runner-up: Hunter x Hunter
Anime of the Spring 2013: Suisei no Gargantia
Runner-up: Chihayafuru 2
Anime of the Summer 2013: Servant x Service
Runner-up: Silver Spoon
Anime of the Fall 2013: Kill la Kill
Runner-up: Kyoukai no Kanata

Anime of the Fall (starting): Kill la Kill
Runner-up: Nagi no Asukara

Anime of the Year 2013: Kill la Kill
I don't think I need to explain this one too much right? I love Kill la Kill. I can't sing its praises hard enough. Every week it has been a joy to experience, it's shows like this that are the reason I watch anime.
Runner-up: Chihayafuru 2

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Sure why not.

Best Adaptation: Watamote
Everything great about the manga is multiplied in the anime. Tomoko's VA is fantastic as well. ALSO THAT OP

Worst Adaptation: Kimi no Iru Machi
This doesn't do the manga justice, it's a terrible adaptation that's drawn out and goes no where. There's really no point to adapting manga if you're not going to make it a long running series.

This show is great. I'd have to invent words to fully tell how though.

It has that Panty and Stocking feel

Best Opening: Servant x Service
This thing is catchy and awesome, I can't find the full version though.

Worst Opening: Sparrow's Hotel
lol
Best Ending: Servant x Service
Again. This is so relaxing, I actually put it on my iPod because it helps me fall asleep.

Worst Ending: Teekyu 2/3
They don't even have one

Most Disappointing: Kotoura-san
This is a big one for me. This anime started out extremely great and it seemed like you were in for the feels. On top of that, the comedy was awesome and felt fresh, especially for the genre. Then like, after episode 4/5/6 everything down hill. Nothing was funny, and that horrible high school girl stalker was the one of the worst anime arcs I've ever watched. The suspect was so predicable that I was forcing myself to believe it wasn't that person because it was just so ****ing obvious. It's terrible how just bad this is.

Most Pleasant Surprise: Yuyushiki
This anime seemed to go under the rader for a lot of people, but it's a really relaxing, lighthearted anime. The jokes are all funny and the characters are interesting. I thought it was going to be a mini series but it turn out to be a full series which was even better.

Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007): Teekyu
I haven't been in my backlog much so this wins by default.

Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007): Aria the Animation
Another feel good show that is really becoming one of my favorite series. Everything is so gentle and calm and each episode has some really feel good things.

Best Character (male): Keima Katsuragi (TWGOK)
He's what every man whats to be.

Best Character (female): Lucy Kimiko Akie Airi Shiori Rinne Yoshiho Ayano Tomika Chitose Sanae Mikiko Ichika... Yamagami (Servant x Service)
Because dat name

Most Sexy: Ai Fuyuumi (Oreshura)
Ai-chan should of won
[IMG139]http://mdzanime.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/27.jpg[/IMG139]
Most Moé: Neptune (Hyperdimension)
Seriously, if there's one thing this show did right, it was moe.
[img139]http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/gin28/imgs/5/6/56964b33.jpg[/img139]
Worst Character: Kirino Kosaka (Oriemo)
what a bitch

Funniest Episode: Any Yuyushiki episode

Best Animation Quality: Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea

Worst Animation Quality: Sparow's Hotel
**** looks like was made in the 90's.

Best Voice: Izumi Kitta (Tomoko) Watamote

I would fund this is I was rich

Best Movie: Wolf Children

Best Studio: MAPPA
They keep getting Teekyu back on the air so they have to be the best.

Single Best Episode of 2013: Kotoura-san episode 1

Worst Anime of 2013: Ketsuekigata-kun!

Anime of the Winter 2013 (ending): Non Non Biyori

Anime of the Winter 2013: eww
Anime of the Spring 2013: Yuyushiki
Anime of the Summer 2013: Service x Servant

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Best Adaptation: Danganronpa The Animation
Worst Adaptation: Amnesia
Best Original Series: Meganebu!
Best Soundtrack: Danganronpa The Animation's OST
Best Opening: TKDZ2b - Never Say Never (Dangaronpa Opening)
Worst Opening: -
Best Ending: Devils And Realists - A Shadow's Love Song (Makai Ouji's Ending)
Worst Ending: -
Most Disappointing: Kuroko No Basket Season 2
Most Pleasant Surprise: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007): Guilty Crown
Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007): Digimon Series
Best Character (male): Byakuya Togami (Danganronpa The Animation)
Best Character (female): Kyouko Kirigiri (Danganronpa The Animation)
Most Sexy: Ren Jinguji (Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000%)
Most Moé: Nagisa Hazuki (Free!)
Worst Character: Satsuki Momoi (Kuroko No Basket)
Funniest Episode: All Meganebu Episodes are contains Funny (especially encountering Rivals)
Best Animation Quality: Vividred Operation
Worst Animation Quality: Amnesia
Best Voice: Hisaka Youko
Best OVA: -
Best Movie: Anohana The Movie
Best Studio: Studio IG

Single Best Episode of 2013: Junko's True Identity's Unveiled (The Last episode of Danganronpa The Animation)

Worst Anime of 2013: Amnesia

Anime of the Winter 2013 (ending): Psycho-Pass

Anime of the Winter 2013: Vividred Operation
Anime of the Spring 2013: Devil Survivor 2
Anime of the Summer 2013: Danganronpa The Animation
Anime of the Fall 2013: Meganebu!

Anime of the Fall (starting): Kyoukai No Kanata

Anime of the Year 2013: DANGANRONPA THE ANIMATION

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
best adaptation: pokémon: the origin
best original series: kill la kill
best opening: guren no yumiya - linked horizon
most disappointing: karneval
most pleasant surprise: attack on titan
best recent show you watched (post-2007): the world god only knows
best character (male): katsuragi keima (the world god only knows)
best character (female): koto (kyousougiga)
most sexy: sakamaki laito (diabolik lovers), matsuoka rin (free!)
most moe: mitsuki nase (kyoukai no kanata)
worst character: kuroki tomoko (watashi ga motenai no wa dou kangaetemo omaera ga warui!)
funniest episode: kill la kill, EP1
best animation quality: kyousougiga
worst animation quality: meganebu!
best movie: ookami kodomo ame to yuki
single best episode of 2013: kill la kill, EP1
worst anime of 2013: coppelion
anime of the winter 2013: minami-ke tadaima
anime of the spring 2013: attack on titan
anime of the summer 2013: danganronpa
anime of the fall 2013: golden time
anime of the year 2013: attack on titan

Last edited:

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
Best Adaptation: Pokemon Origin
Faithful to the games, and generally entertaining as well.

The manga itself isn't a masterpiece, but this was terribly protracted, and started in the middle of the series (which was only resolved with jarring flashbacks). Ugh.

Great series, great soundtrack.

Best Opening: Secrets of the Goddess
All the TWGOK openings are very catchy, but I felt this one fit the season extremely well, and was just a nice song in it's own right. Guren no Yumiya is a close second, though.

Worst Opening: Sentimental Love
Not really a bad opening (I can't recall any awful ones I heard this year) but the song jars terribly against the fan-service laden animation.

Best Ending: Despairity: A Hero's Treatment
Endings rarely stick in my mind, but both the tune and the animation becoming more 'complete' as the series progressed stuck with me. Both of Titan's endings were very good as well.

Most Disappointing: Kyoukai no Kanata
The show had such potential, but was ultimately, pretty bland.

Most Pleasant Surprise: Danganronpa: The Animation

What from the outside appeared fairly generic was actually a very engaging and entertaining series. It was also probably the series I discussed the most this year.

Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007): Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Wins almost by default, but is a great series (especially the last 2/3rds) with much style and energy.

Best Character (male): Keima Katsuragi (TWGOK)
Jb said it best.

Best Character (female): Mako (Kill la Kill)
Every single scene she is in is hilarious. Mako is generally my favourite part of any given episode of Kill la Kill.

Funniest Episode: Servant x Service Episode 1.

Best Animation Quality: Kyoukai no Kanata
Absolutely gorgeous visuals.

Best OVA: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Kirameki no... Slapstick Noel
It wasn't magnificent, but purely enjoyable and humorous. It was also excellent seeing all the characters again.

Best Movie: (I honestly do not think I saw any 2013 anime films, but if this can refer to movies created prior, Akira was very good, which I watched for the first time this year).

Single Best Episode of 2013: Kill la Kill Episode 1
It reached a state of such mad energy and entertainment, that the series hasn't quite reached again since.

Worst Anime of 2013: A toss up between Kimi no iru Machi and Kyoukai no Kanata. Probably the former.

Anime of the Winter 2013 (ending): Psycho Pass, by default.

Anime of the Spring 2013: Attack on Titan.
Anime of the Summer 2013: Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen

Navin

MALDREAD
From what I have seen of Log Horizon I definitely think it deserves to be up there as the best anime of the fall. Attack on Titan is probably the best anime of the year.

The Steins;Gate movie is the best anime film of the year IMO, although Garden of Words had some beautiful visuals.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I'm not gonna give any best/worst anime awards for shows that haven't finished yet. So no Kill la Kill (I'll save that for next year ;)).

But there's no reason why I can't give it an award for its amazing soundtrack! From what I've seen of Kill la Kill so far, Trigger seems like a studio that injects everything with as much energy as they can muster, and this soundtrack encapsulates that philosophy.

Best Opening: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui (WATAMOTE ~No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!~)
A jarring opening to a high school comedy, but then again, Watamote was no ordinary high school comedy. Captures Tomoko's feelings very well, and is really catchy to boot!

Best Ending: INNOCENT NOTE (Gatchaman Crowds)
Sometimes a catchy tune is all you need!

Most Disappointing: Beyond the Boundary
KyoAni hadn't done much in the way of action before, but I was pretty excited to see how they'd handle it. What I didn't expect, though, was for them to fall short on characterisation. And yet, they did - every character comprised of one or two (usually annoying) quirks (with a tragic backstory if they were lucky), and they weren't helped by the frequently unnatural dialogue. The show failed in areas I never expected to be issues, which is why it was so disappointing.
Runners-up: Galilei Donna, KINMOZA!

Most Pleasant Surprise: Sunday Without God
The premise of a world where people couldn't die unless buried by a Gravekeeper was intriguing enough for me to take a punt on, but you never really know how these series are going to turn out. I also read an unfavourable preview for the premiere, but it didn't really bother me. Ai could have been too cutesy, but she was surprisingly clever and determined without being too idealistic. There were some real emotional hits in the series, too, and I found it difficult to predict what would happen next. In the end, I enjoyed the show a heck of a lot.
Runner-up: The World God Only Knows: Goddesses

Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007): Potemayo
Far more inventive and funny than it had any right to be with its silly premise, Potemayo is a series that I could easily have glossed over, but I'm really glad I gave it a try.

Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007): Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
I think this is the only pre-2007 show I watched this year, but it was very good. I doubt I'll ever see a comedy anime like it again. Sousuke and Chidori are a great duo.

Best Character (male): Taichi Mashima (Chihayafuru 2)
Taichi is athletic, has excellent grades, and the ladies love him. He's the kind of guy that I'd hate if that's all there was to him. But he's cursed with being second best at the one thing he truly cares about, and the one girl he's interested in is oblivious. It seems like he should give up and pursue other things, but he keeps battling away so hard that I can't help but support him. He gets frustrated, he gets jealous, and he's his own worst critic, but all these traits come together, and it all makes so much sense. What a guy.

Best Character (female): Chihaya Ayase (Chihayafuru 2)
And this is the girl he loves. Geeky, clumsy, obsessive, caring, passionate Chihaya. People (not here) have claimed that she's selfish and blind to the world around her thanks to karuta, but the truth is that as well as loving the game, she sees karuta as a vehicle for dreams and friendships. She is the soul of the show. It's as simple as that.

Worst Character: Hajime Ichinose (Gatchaman Crowds)
Hajime is philanthropic and often thinks outside the box. She's forceful with her views, but that's okay because she's always right. I found this combination infuriating. With a character this forceful and this perfect, you might as well cut everyone else out of the show, because she reduces them to irritating doubters that end up with egg on their respective faces. She's the reason I dropped Gatchaman Crowds at episode three.

Funniest Episode: Scramble Formation (The World God Only Knows: Goddesses ep. 2)
I could have given this to an episode of The Devil is a Part-Timer!, but unlike in TWGOK, there was no standout funniest episode for me. Keima was running around like crazy trying to get closer to six girls at once, and it got really hectic. The sudden changes in tone were what made the humour really work for me.

Best Voice: Arai Satomi
ONEE-SAMAAAAAAA

I didn't watch many OVAs, but this one was charming. Yeah, not much else to say.

Best Movie: Aura - Koga Maryuin's Last War
Technically, Wolf Children came out last year (and I could theoretically have watched it last year too), so that makes this decision easier! Aura was a wonderful story about being delusional or odd and being bullied and ostracised as a result. Funny when it needed to be, emotional when it needed to be, and saved enough oomph for a glorious finale. Characters were great, too, and they evolved. Really just a fantastic film.

Single Best Episode of 2013: Long Last We Meet (Chihayafuru 2 ep. 22)
This episode allowed me to see the Queen in a whole new light. The moments where she connected with Chihaya were absolutely spectacular.

Worst Anime of 2013: Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Uninteresting. Unfunny. All it had was weirdness, and that's one of the laziest ways of making something stand out. Did not work for me at all.

Best anime to end Winter 2013: From the New World
Best anime to end Spring 2013: Chihayafuru 2
Best anime to end Summer 2013: The World God Only Knows: Goddesses
Best anime to end Fall 2013: None

Anime of the Year 2013: Chihayafuru 2

What a surprise, right? Still as intense and beautiful as ever, with a cast of amazing characters. Surely a third season is on its way?
Runner-up: Aura - Koga Maryuin's Last War

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Best Adaptation: Gin no Saji
I think it did a fine job of animating the manga and while it does seem to have skipped around a bit with the timeline, there are some parts that had me laughing my ass off. Also, the relationship with the pig.
Runner-Up: Hunter x Hunter. I didn't think I could have Hunter x Hunter, and it did kinda rush Greed Island, and this part of the Chimera Ant feels rather slow, but it was the same in the manga and Madhouse is doing a fine job

I dunno why they wanted to start at Chapter 80. They could've started at the beginning and everything would've been fine. But nope, make it confusing for the manga readers too, and really mess with the adaption. Thanks Gonzo
Runner-Up: Attack on Titan. While I will admit it did great, the slow pace, the problem with some of the animation made it kinda bad. And plus, I kinda dislike it because it was popular, but that's not too important.

Best Original Series:Kill la Kill
By far. The hype I feel whenever I watch an episode is never disappointed. And I doubt I will be disappointed by the series.
Runner-ups: Nagi no Asukara, Kyousougiga, and Suisei no Gargantia. Nagi no Asukara because it's doing something right, Kyousougiga is pretty much tied with Kill la Kill, but it did have an OVA some time ago so it's out of the running, and Gargantia because it was nice.

Best Soundtrack:Kill la Kill
Really can't think of anything better so far. Or listened to anything else, but that's not the point. Except for One Piece, but since that's about pirates, it's expected to have a good OST, and it'll never be in the running

Best Opening:Magi
While I do hate the adaption quite a bit, anyone who says this(When in the original version and stuff) is bad, can go kill themselves.
Runner-up: Monogatari/Attack on Titan. Anyone can probably find a Monogatari OP they like. And if they can't, they can fuck themselves. Wings of Freedom was pretty good, too.

Worst Opening:Ooh, this hard. I'll just skip it

Best Ending:Monogatari
LOVE THEM ALL. CAN'T LISTEN TO ANY OF THEM

Worst Ending: Hard to say

Most Disappointing: Valvrave the Liberator
Sure, the second season made it better, but bad is still bad. Rape, clusterfuck, and other things, it was hard to like.
Runner-Up: Kotoura-san. It gave me a lot of hype, and just ruined it. Dang it

Most Pleasant Surprise:Log Horizon or Hatoraku Maou-sama
While it hasn't ended yet, I'm really liking how this is turning out. And for something which I can sorta remember, Hatoraku Maou-sama. That was amazing. I would like another season, White Fox!

Best Recent Show YOU Watched (post-2007):Kara no Kyoukai
That was a great movie series I walked into. It really set in stone for me that ufotable is almost synonymous with Type-Moon for me.
Runner-Up: Arakawa Under the Bridge. There's a series you can love. From the serious battles they have, to living under the bridge, this Shaft series is amazing. And Miyuki Sawashiro

Best Old Show YOU Watched (pre-2007): Cowboy Bebop
It was enjoyable
Runner-up:Neon Genesis Evangelion. That was enjoyable, too

Best Character (male): Ougi Oshino
Apparently it's gender isn't confirmed. But yeah, I love this person. Like, first scene love
Runner-up: Maou, from Hatoraku Maou-sama. He's a nice guy

Best Character (female): Koto Kyousougiga
First Scene love again. Dunno why
Runner-up: Matoi Ryuko/Ougi Oshino. Ougi because she is the most amazing thing ever, and Ryuko because she likes stripping a lot.

Most Sexy: Aikurou Mikisugi
Some one with no shame. Stripping naked when Ryuko wakes up may make one think that guy's a rapist, but after hearing Nudist Beach, one understands. The guy is just fun
Most Moé: [img139]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/10/119651.jpg[/img139]
Anyone who does not agree does not know EL PSY CONGROO. YAY for Steins;Gate movie

Worst Character: Levi, Attack on Titan
He barely shows up and the world explodes. He's not even that good of a character. Why do people like him?

Funniest Episode: Kill la Kill episode 4
I can't think of anything better, and it was pretty awesome

Best Animation Quality: Kill la Kill Kyousougiga
When they want to, Toei Animation can make things beautiful. And Kyousougiga is exactly that
Runner-up: Kyoukai no Kanata. Kyoto Animation makes things beautiful

Worst Animation Quality: Kill la Kill
This is no means a bad thing, since it's pretty beautiful when it needs to be, but episode 4 was obviously made with less then 10,000 dollars. I know it was a parody of TTGL episode 4, but still

Best Voice: Miyuki Sawashiro
Tomokazu Sugita is one of the best ever. Just for Gintoki. But he voices other people, so it's good

Trigger has a valuable asset right there, and if made into a TV series, could be amazing

Best Movie: Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare
When your movie sells more than than MSMM recap movies, 10 times better than the Hunter x Hunter movie(When Hunter x Hunter as a manga is more popular and 22,000 less than one of the One Piece movies in first week sales, you might be doing something right, even if you're a terribly big troll
Steins;Gate: For a finale movie, not too bad, even if some plot points are a bit contrived

Best Studio: Trigger
By far and away. They already seem to have 3 popular shows
Runner-up: Shaft. WOOT! Shaft

Single Best Episode of 2013: Monogatari Season 2 episode 26
WHY DID KAIKI DIE????? HE WAS AMAZING

Worst Anime of 2013: Inu to Hasayami

Anime of the Winter 2013 (ending): Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
ROUNDABOUT~
Zetsuen no Tempest

Anime of the Winter 2013: Chihayafuru 2
One of the best, if not the best sports shows out there. Go Chihayafuru

Anime of the Spring 2013: Hataraku Maou-sama