• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Catching Up To Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohan5

Irisboy
It is possible however the actors would have to work harder. I mean with something like Pokemon it is quite possible compared to really any anime. However it happening I'm not sure about. As actually ever happening. Guess we'll wait and see

I don't think it is though, it's a currently airing anime which is different than those that are already completed. They would have to rush not only the dubbers, translators etc that it takes to even get an episode across the seas, but the original team that works for them in Japan. In short, I don't think it's possible and would do more harm than good.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?595352-Will-the-dub-production-now-have-to-speed-up-because-of-x-and-y

J Ken

RAVE
Which really isn't that far behind. I mean compared to how far behind the dub was a few years ago.

They used to be a whole year behind back then.

It isn't THAT far behind, but we're getting the new games the same time as Japan. If they don't catch up, as I said they'll be what, 3 months into the new games when the new show JUST starts?

jrizza88

Meteorite
so... who/what was helping Ash and co. deflect Pikachu and Axew's attacks? It looked like either Stunfisk/Emolga and Oshawott/Palpitoad with hydropump?

gohan5

Irisboy
so... who/what was helping Ash and co. deflect Pikachu and Axew's attacks? It looked like either Stunfisk/Emolga and Oshawott/Palpitoad with hydropump?

No, Pikachu and Axew were attacking Team Plasma Pokemon with Thunderbolt and Dragon Rage. The Team Plasma Pokemon were Beartic and Galvantula, using Ice Beam and Electro Ball respectively.

jrizza88

Meteorite
No, Pikachu and Axew were attacking Team Plasma Pokemon with Thunderbolt and Dragon Rage. The Team Plasma Pokemon were Beartic and Galvantula, using Ice Beam and Electro Ball respectively.

oh, and then after they get controlled, that's when they attack Ash and co. I can't wait for these episodes ^.^

I kind of would like it if Ash could use Krookidile to finally beat Pikachu, since it lost all its battles against Pika. I doubt that will happen...

but back on topic, would the voice actors of America really need to wait on the Japanese dub? They could always do the first few episodes in advanced. For all we know, they could already have like 10-20 episodes completed.

gohan5

Irisboy
oh, and then after they get controlled, that's when they attack Ash and co. I can't wait for these episodes ^.^

I kind of would like it if Ash could use Krookidile to finally beat Pikachu, since it lost all its battles against Pika. I doubt that will happen...

but back on topic, would the voice actors of America really need to wait on the Japanese dub? They could always do the first few episodes in advanced. For all we know, they could already have like 10-20 episodes completed.

The problem with that is, neither of us really know the process of these things. As it stands now, I'm sure the dub is doing all it can to maintain the pace set now. They dictate the pace so that they are able to keep up and take breaks when they need to. But yes the dubs do have to wait for the JP dub because the other dubs only translate the original Japanese dub, not write for it, so they wouldn't have anything to go on.

IcySealeo

I think they are doing this so this saga will be over much or less at the same time. Because if XY are going to be released worldwide and at the same time, I guess they want to anime to debut at the same time.

SlimeStack

I imagine there's some way around it, similar to how voiced videogames are released simultaneously. And while not voice acted, the Pokemon games are now able to be released in several languages at once.

The only real issue I see is they have to finish work on season 16 and start season 17 at the same time as Japan.

Either way I would love the gap to be even smaller than it is right now.

LizardonX

Banned
I remember a few years back when they had a new ep of DP every single day. Those were the good times. They need to do that to catch up

dman_dustin

They never did that.

It wasn't DP, because DP was dubbed by TPCI.

But I do think it happened with 4kids and the AG series, but only because they were a year behind and could do that.

I think Battle Frontier also did this for the same reason (but I could be wrong).

Also what's the point of this thread?

Edit: However, there is the other countries that do air a lot of dubbed episodes BEFORE the US. I think that's what he meant.

If I'm not mistaken there was like 3 or more episodes that aired day after day, I think ending with Dawn's Swinub evolving, I think in DP.

It happened recently too, if I'm not mistaken a country aired the rest of the Rivals Destiny episodes, while the US was still airing dubbed episodes week after week, but I don't think it happened day after day, however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.