• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Character Face-Off; Champion Of The Champions: Ash's Gible

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Jaden Yuki (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX): 9/12 +
Team Rocket's Meowth (Pokemon): 1/12

I have childhood nostalgia for both so this was a hard one.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Jaden Yuki (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX): 11/12
Team Rocket's Meowth (Pokemon): 2/12 +

No. Some of you have never seen season 4 of GX and it shows.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Jaden Yuki (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX): 12/12 +
Team Rocket's Meowth (Pokemon): 2/12

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
@345ash-greninja to be quite honest, season 4 was quite interesting with the concept of there being more than just the gentle darkness and there being another type of darkness, when a part of duel academy that hasn't been mentioned since season 1 is a major plot point
4kids would have just dumbed things down, like with yubel where they changed things from..uh...where she associates physical and mental pain with love. can understand that, but if they ever do dub it, I just hope they stay true to the meaning of what season 4 was about -maturing and moving on with life
also, the only reason why they quit was apparently because japan was already a bit ahead with 5D's and something about TV Tokyo made them quit or it was a want to start dubbing 5D's instead...so they got LAZY and edited it to make it seem like Jaden DIED WHEN HE DIDN'T
also, you have one last episode that you probably haven't watched of season 3. it was never dubbed...probably because 4Kids didn't want to retcon what they implied in the finale of the yubel VS jaden duel. jaden returns, mind you, after a clip show. not sure about 5D's but I'm going to assume they thought after what happened in the final part of the tournament, where they cut out the part where the major antagonist of the arc straight up destroyed the road they were riding on and proceeded to wreak havoc on the streets for a bit until yusei got him to an abandoned, desolate area, even though it isn't inappropriate, and some more, they thought it was too dark to dub even the last few episodes, so....
yeah, there's also like maybe 3 deaths and some dark implications, but i haven't watched season 2 of 5D's, so I can't give my complete thoughts on the arc

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So....one of the iconic Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists has brushed aside the all too familiar talking Meowth of the Team Rocket Trio and moved on to the next round, and with this, all the matchups of the first round in this Face-Off has been done, a.k.a. the first round of this Face-Off has concluded!

Overall 30 characters from the first round (amongst the 63 characters in total from the first round) has made made it to the next, a.k.a. second round of this Face-Off.

Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)

Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Soma Yukihira (Food Wars: Shokugeki No Soma)

Yona (Yona Of The Dawn)

Greed (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Light Yagami (Death Note)

L (Death Note)

Rintaro Okabe (Steins;Gate)

Ling Yao (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

King Bradley (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Ryoku Matoi (Kill la Kill)

Roy Mustang (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Riza Hawkeye (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)

Winry Rockbell (FullMetal Alchemist 03/Brotherhood)

Megumin (Konosuba)

Lan Fan (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Minako Aino/Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon)

Saitama (One Punch Man)

Ochacho Uraraka (My Hero Academia)

Suzaku Kururugi (Code Geass)

Tomoya Okazaki (Clannad)

Lust (FullMetal Alchemist 2003)

Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)

Ash's Oshawott (Pokemon)

James (Pokemon)

Inuyasha (Inuyasha)

Jaden Yuki (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX)

So it's now time to begin the second round of the Anime Character Face-Off!

How it works:

1) The format of the second round will be slightly different from the first round. Here the overall characters won't be divided into several groups like the first round.

2) Similarly to the first round, here characters would get to randomly face-off against each other in matchups, which would be determined via RNG. In each matchup, 2 characters will get face-off. Every character individually gets to face-off once.

3) It's pretty much understandable from the above format that there will be 15 matchups in total in this round, with 15 chatacters overall getting on to move on to the next round.

4) In each and every single matchup, both characters start with 0 points. The first character to reach 12 points wins. If you wish to vote for a character, add a point to his tally and give a + sign beside it.

5) The format for the third round will be decided in due time.

Rules:

1) All SPPF General, Games and Face-Off rules apply.

2) You can vote in a particular face-off matchup once in every 6 hours.

3) If you were ninja'd by someone while voting, please make sure to correct your tally.

4) Intentionally posting incorrect tallies in a face-off matchup will disqualify you from the game.

5) Have fun.

----------------------

Here's the first matchup of the second round:

Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood): 0/12

Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop): 0/12

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood): 3/12
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop): 1/12 +

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood): 4/12 +
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop): 0/12

I do have plans to watch Cowboy Bebop in the near future though
Well Spike's tally is 1. :)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood): 5/12 +
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop): 1/12

Unfortunately I did promise Terrance to help Ed so there's his vote
This, and also have you watched Cowboy Bebop (I know for a fact that you have watched FMA:B)? ;)

keepitsimple

site of lies
No but I've watched some scenes with Spike that Akki showed me and I think he's pretty cool. I'd still prefer Ed to win though ("unfortunately" means unfortunately for Spike in this context, not for me, sorry if i caused any confusion)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I do have Cowboy Bebop in my list of animes to watch and I’ve heard Spike is awesome but Ed is my baby, I have to go with him. Sorry, Spike.

Automailshipping FTW!
Oooo I want my mail now! I'm expecting a package containing an awesome slingshot!

Status
Not open for further replies.