• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime character you mistook as?

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Is there any characters for an anime that you mistook as (like, as an opposite gender?)
Well, I thought James was a female when I first saw him >.>;

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I mistook Tate (Liza's brother) as female until I learned about it in anime. Pretty embarrassing.

Medea

Excalibur
Tate (from Pokemon)

And THE most easily confusing character on InuYasha, that would have to be Jakotsu. That was the most confusing thing that has ever happened on the show.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
tate. I thought both of them were female!

GoggleHead

Digimon > Pokemon
I thought Haku from Naruto was a girl, everyone I know did. Even Naruto thought that.

i always thought tate and liza were girls cause of their hair

I mistook:
Gary (Pokemon) as a girl (Don't ask, I was young)
Haku (Naruto) as a girl
Tate (Pokemon) as a girl
There were also more I mistook... ^^;

Miho

Praise Hojo!
Holy S***, Tate's a GUY!?

O_____O;;

I feel horrible now. I haven't seen the anime in forever. ¬¬

Um... who else... Yeah, I thought Haku was a girl, too. ^^;

EDIT: And Envy from FullMetal Alchemist. I thought he was a girl, too.

Last edited:
Hmm....

Akito Sohma and Ritsu Sohma from Furuba.
Welsper from Ah! My Goddess!
Kumi from Hajime no Ippo. (Shame on me...>>)
Tayuya from Naruto (O__o; Yep. When they were sealing up Sarutobi, I thought she was a guy. XDD)
Shizune from Naruto (No comment. >////<)

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
I thought Harley was a girl, but who can blame me?

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
Before I had really started watching FMA I flipped it on one night and the episode with Clause was on. I thought she was a boy for about half the episode because somehow I missed that they referred to her as "she" several times -_-.

I couldn't figure out if Ed on Cowboy Bebop was a guy or girl at first either.

Mangekyo Sharingan

arent they lovely?
mine would have to be orichimaru from naruto since he transformed his boy int a girl at first and than did it again later in the season

Yea, I'm a member of the Tate Club on this>>
I mistook Kurama from Yu Yu as a girl. The first episode i watched, he didnt talk, like at all, so, How was i spose ot know that the person whos fighting with a ROSE was a guy?

Emma Iveli

Fanfic Writer
Well here's a list:

James from Pokemon: Note the first episode I saw was Battle abord the St. Anne... and his moment he was crossdressing

Haku from Naruto: To quote Naruto "No way! He's prettier than Sakura!"

Junior from R.O.D.: Michlle also mistook him for a girl as well... intersting fact: His character design was anrealy design for Maggie.

That's all I can think of for now... I need ot think of who else...

Sabaku_no_Gaara

Party Monster 8D
Jiekotsu(sp?) from Inuyasha. XP

And Shippo, Envy, and Zofis.

Dex

Fear..The..Plushie?
I thought James was a Girl and Jesse was a Guy.

Don't ask.

Jiekotsu(sp?) from Inuyasha. XP

I descided that "Jiekotsu" was a He/She. :)

Torchic23

gee that's swell
First time I saw a commercial for Inuyasha I thought he was a girl, but when I watched the show I realized that I was wrong ^^;