• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Charaters That Look Like People Of The Opposite Gender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medea

Excalibur
Hmm...Trap characters. Goodie. Well I suppose I can bring up 3 that have plagued my mind.

Nagihiko from Shugo Chara: Anyone who watched the series from front to back would have had the same dilemma as me.

Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden: I seriously thought Souseiseki was a boy.

Crona from Soul Eater: This was more like a we don't know Crona's real gender and that Crona could go either way. Apparently it's been revealed in the manga, so not surprising.

hitoshura0

I guess it has to be mentioned at some point. Bridget from Guilty Gear:
bridget.gif

Last edited:

cohenmarioman

Last edited:

SailorPika

Dark Poke'mon Lover
Silly enough, Zoey from Pokemon, since she looks like a boy

At first, I thought Kurama from YuYu Hakusho was a woman until I heard him spoke

Both Zoicite and Fish Eye from Sailor Moon look like girls, which were factors leading to their sex changes for the dub.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
If you are going to talk about Yugioh 5Ds, talk about Rally.

Also, Loe is the furthest thing from cross gender looking. He is a twin of a girl, that makes him look somewhat feminine. But Yugioh in general has feminine males, so Rally is a better example.

Do you know what? I never actually found out Rally's gender... So is it male or female?

Answer that and you will be able to answer all the questions of the universe.

Mimori Kiryu

Uh...opposite genders..? Okay:

Kazuki Fuchouin from GetBackers

[img139]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/112/1176690-kazuki_large.jpg[/img139]
Boy who is mistaken for a girl on multiple occasions and even mistaken as a nurse and dressed up as one. XD

Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation (though I think it's forced)

[img139]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/8626/gravitation01030.jpg[/img139]
Boy who doesn't seem to mind to look like a girl

And because this thread needs the obvious stated:

Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club

[img139]http://data0.eklablog.com/news_anime/mod_article498344_2.jpg[/img139]

Girl but looks like a boy

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
A ROFL festival we have here! Hmm...not an anime character but I hope manga characters count, Ultimo should get a mention.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club

That's kind of the entire main plot point. That with her hair cut and in a suit she looks boyish enough to pass as one of the Host Club members. It was pretty obvious that she was a girl from the get-go though.

My vote's on Edward from Cowboy Bebop. It's not hard to determine Edward's gender when you hear the voice actor who's a girl, but then you hear the name you think they might be a guy. Not to mention Ed's androgynous as hell.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Since I don't watch anime (actually I watch only 3 anime), I can only remember 2 characters at the moment. One is Zoey from Pokemon. I thought Zoey was a boy at first, but turned out later that I was wrong. Short hair apparently doesn't bother me at all - I have had acquaintances with tomboys, but flat chest as well? C'mon, who could have thought Zoey was a girl LOL

The second one is Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist, although I'm not sure if it counts as far as the topic of this thread is concerned. I took Envy as a female at first, but later to my astonishment, it turned out to be genderless

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Zoey and Angie from Pokemon. Seriously they either look like dudes, or they're both lesbians.
Haku from Naruto.
Smellerbee from Avatar the Last Airbender Either a dude who looks like a girl or a girl who looks like a guy...

cohenmarioman

mokuba - yugioh
rally- yugioh 5ds
lucciano - yugioh 5ds
zoey - pokemon

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO! Luciano has always been a guy, and never looked female at all. When he was first given exposition, it was obvious he was a guy due to his rivalry with Rua. And Ruka's affection for him. If the long hair throws you off, then I guess if I tell you all the tenors are male should fix your ideas. Not only that, but the voice is of a male.

I will let you decide. Other than this picture, there is no indication of a gender confusion. Especially when you see the one in my sig, it is pretty clear he is a guy.

Last edited:

bookist

Charlotte Cuuhlhourne from bleach. At several scenes he could be mistaken for a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.