• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime complaints/rants thread

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Rage and rant and hate about the things that went wrong in anime series you have watched.

MOST IMPORTANT RULE!!!

DON'T FLAME A USER FOR THEIR OPINIONS!!! Disagree all you want but flaming is out of the question.

(example: OMG how could you say that about OP/Ble/Naru/everything else you little ******* I hope you die.)

You will get reported for doing that.

Other than that, have fun discussing what you hated in an anime series.

I'll start us off. I absolutely hated Death Note's 2nd season after L died.

N and Mello were crappy replacements and Light had too much power as the fake L to enjoy it.

Naruto: the filler stage. Worst fillers ever and it was over 50 episodes of it as well while I waited for Shippuden. Good thing I skipped most of it but the ones I watched were crappy.

Bleach: Nozomi (the mary-sue) filler arc. Man this was one horrible filler arc.

One Piece: Skypia and most of the One Piece fillers were so boring and bad. G8 was the only good One Piece filler IMO. Also the Whitebeard arc was ruined in the Anime thanks to crappy animation and dragging out the episodes.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
This is going to end…in flames. Muwahaha…hope you like Hell because that's where this ride's going.

Mankanshoku Mako

Everything about the anime "Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne" pisses me off, begginging with it's long as shit title.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Naruto fillers not only bringing down the quality of the show, but the quality of anime in general.

And
Deidara dying in Ship + 12th dying in Mirai Nikki.

Ausgirl

Does anyone here remember the bad english voice replacements in Sailor Moon? Other than that I don't have anything to complain/rant about.

Chris

Old Coot
I...don't understand why so many people hate Skypiea. If anything, the anime version of Enies Lobby was an absolute chore to get through.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Using Japanese words (names are fine) in a dub.

The fire's not that hot but you can still burn yourself.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Nice Death Note spoilers, Crimsonash310.

Got to agree with Chris on One Piece - that Robin clip stopped being emotional when they played it for the second time, and I swear it was repeated at least seven times in total. I find that recently, One Piece has suffered from having far too many characters to keep track of in the big conflicts, and when something happens, it's like every character stops and gawks for about ten minutes before they remember what they were supposed to be doing.

Also, a more general complaint - brooding in anime. Honestly, I get sick and tired of being shown characters who continually stare off into space, then claim that nothing's wrong when called out on it, then go back to staring off into space again. This seems to count as character development in a fair few cases. Kimikiss Pure Rouge is the worst offender I can think of right now - there was one character who actually stopped brooding at one point, but then the writers immediately made ANOTHER character start brooding in their place, just to shake things up.

Vernikova

Champion
I hate when dub anime keep things like -chan, -sama and the like.

Mainly this. The only acceptable case is in a dojo (for example) where it would be more common place even in places outside of Japan. Other than that,, honorifics should never be uttered in dubs.

Chris

Old Coot
Got to agree with Chris on One Piece - that Robin clip stopped being emotional when they played it for the second time, and I swear it was repeated at least seven times in total. I find that recently, One Piece has suffered from having far too many characters to keep track of in the big conflicts, and when something happens, it's like every character stops and gawks for about ten minutes before they remember what they were supposed to be doing.
No, for me it was having to see the anime constantly trying to keep tabs on how Luffy was doing with his fight with Lucci after focusing on the others each episode. It was as bad as when Toei pulled the same thing with Dragon Ball Z where they showed how Goku was doing in every episode during the time he was heading to Namek.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Got to agree with Chris on One Piece - that Robin clip stopped being emotional when they played it for the second time, and I swear it was repeated at least seven times in total.

This happened with Chopper at some point as well. The entire episode was a filler about everything that already happened, followed by tears, tears and more tears.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I hate when dub anime keep things like -chan, -sama and the like.

This annoys me so much so that I will stop watching a dub version they use the honorifics. Durarara!! For example was airing on tv, and so I figured there's nothing else on I may as well watch it then I heard Izaya say "Shizu-chan" and I turned it off and vowed never to watch the dub version again.

Vernikova

Champion
^ Izaya was just trolling and only does that to Shizuo. I don't recall if Izaya's sisters do the same thing but none of the other characters use honorifics.