• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Discussion Awards 2013! *voting ends January 24th, read the OP before voting*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Anime Awards:
Favorite Episode of the Anime [name up to 5 total]: Electric Shock Showdown, Wired For Battle, Tracey Gets Bugged, Enter The Dragonite, A Connoisseur's Revenge
Favorite Saga of the Anime*: Original Series (OI)
Favorite Movie of the Anime***: The Power of One
Favorite Character of the Anime (Human) [name up to 5 total]: Jessie, Tracey, Max, Trip, Iris
Most Entertaining Character: Max
Favorite Movie: The Power of One
Favorite Best Wishes Series Pokemon: Krookodile
Favorite Original Series Pokemon: Bulbasaur
Favorite Advanced Generation Series Pokemon: Glalie
Favorite Diamond and Pearl Series Pokemon: Aipom (before it left to play Ping-Pong)
Favorite XY Series Pokemon: Froakie
Favorite overall Pokemon of the whole series: Bulbasaur

Member Awards:
Most Informed/Intelligent Member: Lorde
Best Speculator: 1rkhachatryan
Most Contributing/Active Member: Dephender
Funniest/Most Entertaining Member: Dwail8023
Craziest/Most “Out There” Member:
Nicest/Friendliest Member:
Best Debater: The Great Butler
Best Posting Style: J Ken
Biggest Fan of the Original Series: pokemon fan 132
Biggest Fan of the Advanced Series: Doryuzu
Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn + Serena Fan
Biggest Fan of the Best Wishes Series: AgentPierce
Most missed member*: naughtynun
Member of the year 2013:
Member of the year 2012**:

Canada

Banned
alright already please stop voting is over lmao

results will be posted soonish

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
*Arrives at the Anime Discussion Awards 2013 ceremony, walks onto the red carpet in a Giambattista Valli gown*

[IMG300]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4216713/emma-stone-red-carpet-o.gif[/IMG300]

I'm ready for my awards. Incidentally, why were there two movie catetogies in the anime awards? It seemed kind of redundant imo.​

Canada

Banned
I blame Doryuzu for that since I just copy/pasted the list he PMed me when we were figuring out what categories we would put. :)

Canada

Banned
Sorry sir, but I do not think awards should be given for sarcasm since there is already way too much of it in this subforum. It doesn't seem award-worthy to me. Others may think differently though and anyone can give feedback on that idea since we're not sure who will host the anime awards for 2014.

Any other suggestions can be posted here while the results are being collected.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
*Arrives at the Anime Discussion Awards 2013 ceremony, walks onto the red carpet in a Giambattista Valli gown*

[IMG300]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4216713/emma-stone-red-carpet-o.gif[/IMG300]

I'm ready for my awards. Incidentally, why were there two movie catetogies in the anime awards? It seemed kind of redundant imo.​

*Follows Lorde on the red carpet*

[IMG139]http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/fabulous-llama-gif.gif[/IMG139]

I'm pretty excited for the results! It's the first time I see such event on Serebii, so I'm happy! And it's all thanks to you, Canada! :D As for suggestions... Perhaps next time there should be "Best quote(s)" or "Best post(s)", where people would vote for their favorite quote(s)/post(s) they noticed during the year ?​

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
*Follow Lorde on the red carpet*

[IMG139]http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/fabulous-llama-gif.gif[/IMG139]

I'm pretty excited for the results! It's the first time I see such event on serebii, so I'm happy! As for suggestions... Perhaps next time there should be "Best quote" or something like that, where people would vote to their favorite quote they saw during the year ?​

You mean like Best Post? I'd like to see this too since we can recap the greatest moments in PAD 2014.

And while this may be a bit early, could Biggest Fan of the XY series be considered? I know it's a bit early even after a full year of the saga but we'll most likely be getting a ton of episodes like every year.

Canada

Banned

I'm pretty excited for the results! It's the first time I see such event on Serebii, so I'm happy! And it's all thanks to you, Canada! :D Perhaps next time there should be "Best quote" or something like that, where people would vote to their favorite quote they saw during the year ?​

Looking good, Prince of May! Best quote will be considered.

And while this may be a bit early, could Biggest Fan of the XY series be considered? I know it's a bit early even after a full year of the saga but we'll most likely be getting a ton of episodes like every year.

That would likely be added regardless so pretty much yeah.

Canada

Banned
Maybe for the Anime Awards, you could add Funniest and Saddest episode, or something like that.
Since people can name up to five of their favourite episodes I don't see the point. It will be considered anyway.

you should also totally add worst member of the year

But U'd totes destroy the competition and I want to give everyone a fair chance at most of these awards.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Since people can name up to five of their favourite episodes I don't see the point. It will be considered anyway.

I thought of that, but you know, just wanted to give my 2 cents about it

But U'd totes destroy the competition and I want to give everyone a fair chance at most of these awards.

Lol, my one chance to win something xD

Lorde

*Has several martinis backstage with Dax, forgets that she's meant to perform her newest single, runs onstage quickly, performs song surrounded by giant Oshawott plushies, ends performance amid a chorus of cheers from the crowd*

[IMG139]http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/fabulous-llama-gif.gif[/IMG139]​

Yessss, slay!

I'm pretty excited for the results! It's the first time I see such event on Serebii, so I'm happy! And it's all thanks to you, Canada! :D As for suggestions... Perhaps next time there should be "Best quote(s)" or "Best post(s)", where people would vote to their favorite quote(s)/post(s) they noticed during the year ?

The best quotes idea would've been really interesting. I mean there were so many memorable posts in this section in 2013 and it would've been neat to see what everyone's favorite posts were. Anyway, I'm getting really excited for the award ceremony. I have my wheelbarrow ready and everything. *Takes a seat between Dax and Oshawott*

I'm just wondering, will all the awards be announced together, or will we get the anime awards first and then the member awards?​

Canada

Banned
As a side note, this takes a while so please remember to be patient like you have been. :) The results will most likely either be posted tonight or tomorrow since Dory isn't online atm.

I'm just wondering, will all the awards be announced together, or will we get the anime awards first and then the member awards?​

Doryuzu and I are tallying the votes in order of who posted in this thread, so you'll probably get them both at the same time.

Oh, and since this thread is basically meant to celebrate the anime and PAD in 2013 you're free to discuss what you think are the best posts of last year are. I don't mind :)

Also, before I forget:

Pokemaniac24 said:
I was thinking for the 2014 anime awards, the nominations should only involve the characters, episodes, etc. that took place during 2014. So we would have "The best episodes of 2014, the best characters in XY 2014, etc. We could also have a section where we talk about favorite overall character or saga but when it comes to episodes and characters, there are so many so it's hard to narrow them down. If we limited it to the characters and episodes that showed up throughout the year, it would be easier for people to include everyone they want in the list.
He suggested this to me a while ago and I'm giving it some thought but I'd like to know other people's opinions on this idea as well. So does this sound good for 2014's anime awards? y/n?

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Also, before I forget:

He suggested this to me a while ago and I'm giving it some thought but I'd like to know other people's opinions on this idea as well. So does this sound good for 2014's anime awards? y/n?

I think it'd be much more logical to have it being that way. It's an award for the past year after all. And since we included all episodes and characters this year for 2013, we can't say they didn't have their chance to be awarded. So yeah, I'm up for it all the way! :p

Last edited:

Lorde

It sounds like a good idea to me because like Pokemaniac24 said, there are a lot of characters/episodes overall, and if we narrowed it down to just characters/episodes from XY in next year's award thread, the voting process would be a lot more organized and tallying votes would probably be easier too.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I concur, voting the Best Something and Somethingishy of XY 2014 would be a more simplified way to help with not only the tallying but the choices we can vote on. And as I said on the last page, we're in a new year with a new saga so plenty of vote-worthy episodes will surely be on the route.

Canada

Banned
Alright, looks like we'll go with it! Also I'll try to post the results tomorrow since I'm the only one tallying apparently. ;315;

Lorde

Alright, looks like we'll go with it! Also I'll try to post the results tomorrow since I'm the only one tallying apparently. ;315;

Oh good. I'm excited to see who the winners are: If Oshawott didn't win Favorite Best Wishes Series Pokemon, I'm going to riot.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

[IMG139]https://24.media.tumblr.com/cfd49dd579c85cc60f482fb299f36835/tumblr_mzdxjhKNWZ1rw637so1_500.gif[/IMG139]

Oh good. I'm excited to see who the winners are: If Oshawott didn't win Favorite Best Wishes Series Pokemon, I'm going to riot.
Then prepare to riot, because Snivy's the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.