• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

RetroPokeFan

On a related note, have you ever explored AI dubbing technology and its potential impact on the industry? It could be an interesting addition to the conversation.
Yeah, I'm not sure I really want AI creeping into my dubs. Especially when it comes to actual vocal performances as I personally don't think AI can ever give us a similar level of acting compared to proper humans.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
AI is only becoming an option because the voice-acting industry has become too homogenized/incestuous. The veterans we have grown up with are getting too old, too sick, or are about to retire if not dead/blacklisted. New blood has a hard time getting in because more often than not it's a clique and they were never invited/can't fit in, and those who have managed to make it rarely sound unique enough from each other. There's just no sense of range anymore. Legit, the only new-blood voice-actor I can think of off the top of my head who's pleasant to listen to is Jonah Scott.

Oh, also it's becoming more apparent that if you're an aspiring voice-actor who has done fan-dubs, and the anime studio/producer finds out about it, you're gone (and it's not just an English/Japanese thing, there was a French voice-actress who was forced out of an official dub because she had done fan-dubs). It's absolutely insane.