• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
This for Pokémon or another production?
Lisa Ortiz isn't heartless to fire him.

But it's for another production he can't say. Whatever project it was, it hasn't been released yet.

RetroPokeFan

Akudama Drive just got a lot bigger because none other than Dan Green (yes, THE Dan Green) has joined the series as the Headmaster.

Other newcomers include:
  • Kent Williams as the Professor
  • Cassie Ewulu and Ciaran Strange as two boys and some Executioners
  • Emi Lo as another boy
  • and the other Executioner VA's include Brandon Winckler, Anairis Quinones, Morgan Berry, Bryson Baugus and Brett Weaver.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Dan Green is an enigma on whether he retired from voice acting or not after his wife died from childbirth.
It might be part-time now unless he's no longer working as an instructor for Edge Studios. If he's still in New York, given the state's abysmal cost of living, it's probably no wonder he's returning to voice-acting.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Today, the 4 OVA episodes of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan released on Netflix.

Landon McDonald takes over Vic Minogna for Rohan. It's incredibly uncanny how Landon makes a very good Vic impression.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Today, the 4 OVA episodes of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan released on Netflix.

Landon McDonald takes over Vic Minogna for Rohan. It's incredibly uncanny how Landon makes a very good Vic impression.
I've never watched anything that Landon's been in (yeah, I'm behind on a lot of stuff, but meh) so I don't know how well he does, but if he was able to be a seamless replacement, that's great news. Vic on his Twitter even congratulated him for the release and wished him well.

RetroPokeFan

Speaking of cast replacements, Sean Chiplock is replacing Chris Niosi as Choromatsu in Mr. Osomatsu.

Also announced were Alex Cazares as Chibita, Cassandra Lee Morris as Totoko, Keith Silverstein as Iyami and Cherami Leigh as Hatabou.

Christopher Bevins is also voice director. It was originally Patrick Seitz but he left due to working on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

RetroPokeFan

Mini news section today:

Baki's getting a release from Sentai but it won't be including the Netflix/Studiopolis dub (with Troy Baker) but rather a new one done by Sentai themselves:

Sound Cadence bagged Sleepy Princess in the Demon's Castle with Kira Buckland as the main lead plus Alejandro Saab, Ben Lepley, Bryce Papenbrook and Mike Pollock among the VA's plus Adachi and Shimamura:

Zeno Robinson also joined Attack on Titan:

Last edited: