• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m personally excited for the upcoming Shaman King dub & I’m considering checking out Princess Principal because of how Sentai Filmworks handled the dub .

I’m especially excited for Shaman King because they’re bringing back a lot of the VAs from the 4Kids dub to reprise their roles, while the new actors like Erica Mendez for Yoh seem like good replacements. It’s just nice to hear 4Kids alumn like Lisa Ortiz & Oliver Wyman doing a more mature/faithful adaptations like when they did shows such as Utena, Slayers, His & Her Circumstances, or Captain Tylor

I wasn’t really interested in Princess Principal before since it just seemed like another “moe girls doing serious stuff” series, but after seeing this clip from the dub where they’re going all in with the accents & letting Japanese characters speak Japanese, I’m now really interested and want to give this series a try

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Eesh, why are some of the voices off for the SK reboot, especially Anna's.

Also, please keep Lisa Ortiz the hell away from the recording booth if she's not going to do her Eremiya impression.

I'll just wait for the Latin American dub.

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

I should mention that for whatever reason the trailer for Shaman King got updated on Netflix and it sounds as if Amidamaru's been recast as well.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I should mention that for whatever reason the trailer for Shaman King got updated on Netflix and it sounds as if Amidamaru's been recast as well.
Yeah, when I watched the trailer it didn’t really sound like Sean Schimmel was voicing Amidamaru

Eesh, why are some of the voices off for the SK reboot, especially Anna's
I think it’s a mix of the VAs being older and maybe a little rusty from when they did the 4Kids dub.

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

The confusing history of Evangelion's dub continues. 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33 have indeed been redubbed for their Amazon Prime releases by Dubbing Brothers and voice directed by Joe Fria.

And on top of that it seems a couple of the ADV VA's have been brought back on board including Spike Spencer, Allison Keith, John Swasey and Amanda Winn Lee (gaining back the role of Rei who was played by Brina Palencia in the FUNi dubs), also Kaworu now has his sixth VA (Daman Mills).

Jason C. Lee, Kimberly Yates, Brett Weaver and Amy Seeley are also credited so it's possible that they may also be reprising their roles from the ADV dub too but who knows until it's officially announced.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
And you just know Studio Khara was right there at the recording studio to make sure they were following the proper script they provided (so expect some clunky lines). What FUNimation did to 3.33 really pissed them off that it wouldn't surprise me if they just ripped the rights away from them in time for Netflix to step in and do their dub of the TV series and went shopping elsewhere.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Started watching Shaman King (2021).

I like everyone's voices but Manta's. He sounds like an angry little gremlin trying to sound like Sonny Strait.

EDIT: Watched episode 2.

It's so jarring to hear Tara using that atrocious whiny voice for Anna. I can't take her seriously. Makes her sound incredibly *****y.

It's even more especially jarring to listen to freaking Lisa Ortiz as Tao Jun. Who the hell thinks older women sound like that? (Don't bring up Monica Rial, please.)

I hope there's a Latin American dub for this because at least there these two girls sounded their ages.

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

Akudama Drive is coming to Blu-Ray soon and the home media release will include the director's cut of Episode 12 with a few more minutes not seen in it's broadcast. A.J. Beckles, Kevin K. Gomez, Billy Bob Thompson and David Matranga also join as some extra voices during it.

And the cast for Star Wars: Visions has been announced. Judging from a few of the cast members here, it looks as if NYAV Post may be producing the dub for this. Would also be their first time working with Disney too.

Cool seeing Marc Thompson get a role in something animated for Star Wars too considering he's a big fan of the franchise and a great audiobook narrator.

RetroPokeFan

Eden's Zero is now up on Netflix.

Fairy Tail fans will be happy to know that Tia Ballard reprises her role as Happy and I also see Colleen Clinkenbeard, Robert McCollum and Monica Rial in the cast as well.

Also nice to see Brook Chalmers get a shot at voice direction for anime.

RetroPokeFan

Couple of things to round up today.

First up, Season 3 of Kuroko's Basketball is finally available with the dub now. Some of the newcomers to the show includes Ray Chase, Bryce Papenbrook, Kyle McCarley, Henry Mason, Matt Shipman, Imari Williams, Patrick Seitz and Jamieson Price.

The dub for The World Ends With You anime premiered a few days ago. This does not feature any of the cast from the game aside from Kariya who is still voiced by Andrew Kishino. The dub is directed by Kyle Phillips.

And the cast for the Future Boy Conan dub has been revealed and it's surprisingly a Vancouver dub meaning that GKids probably had nothing to do with the dub production wise. Still some solid Canadian actors involved with this one.