• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Because I haven't seen Gurrenn Lagann's Japanese version to compare
Works that you should definitely watch dubbed are:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Space Dandy
and
3. Anything 4Kids touched that isn't named One Piece

So wait, does that mean you watched the original Ultimate Muscle, then? The 4KIDS dub is a whole different beast compared to the original, after all.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So wait, does that mean you watched the original Ultimate Muscle, then? The 4KIDS dub is a whole different beast compared to the original, after all.
Is it a good different or a bad different? Is it 4kids Pokemon, or 4kids One Piece? I may have seen it but I do not remember it if so.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Original Ultimate Muscle is more violent, of course. 4KIDS had to color out blood and the like, but the dub has more wrestling puns and dirtier adult jokes especially when it comes to Kid Muscle being horny crushing over Roxanne. It's a great watch, actually, it was 4KIDS at their best.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Man, if I were to ever make a list of top dub performances, I think I'm gonna put Jamieson Price as The Count of Monte Cristo from Gankutsuou on it. Like damn, I know the guy's a pretty good voice-actor, but that was an excellent performance. I think that's his best work, and I liked him as Rider from Fate/Zero.

Oh, speaking of Jamieson, the Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Blu-Ray came in the mail today. So happy~

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
FUNimation has dropped Interspecies Reviewers entirely despite having started a dub as they claim it to "fall outside of our standards".

https://twitter.com/halgoniaken/status/1223435080158236678?s=21

I find this hilarious given the number of raunchy titles they have in their library. But this is the greatest age of research thanks to the Internet. They should be doing their research on the IPs they choose to pick before they start dubbing it. They screwed up, but they should own up to it instead of wussing out the way they did.

They're getting what they deserve.

EDIT: Oh wait, FUNimation actually knew what they were getting into. That's even better that they're wussing out.
29df6f7a2d2c46373a755849af19fa3c7ead80c5.png

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

I find this hilarious given the number of raunchy titles they have in their library. But this is the greatest age of research thanks to the Internet. They should be doing their research on the IPs they choose to pick before they start dubbing it. They screwed up, but they should own up to it instead of wussing out the way they did.

They're getting what they deserve.

EDIT: Oh wait, FUNimation actually knew what they were getting into. That's even better that they're wussing out.
29df6f7a2d2c46373a755849af19fa3c7ead80c5.png
Um, I didn't need to check anything about that other than the title and poster to know they shouldn't have picked it up.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So does anyone else remember this obscure series? (Earworm warning.)

I just learned Discotek Media had actually gotten the rights to release it some years back. I just bought it off of Amazon, and its page is sending mixed messages. The cover says it's all in English, but the details say it just has the Japanese track. So 'til I get my hands on the DVD, I dunno, don't care, I'm just amazed it got rescued at all.

TheWanderingMist

So does anyone else remember this obscure series? (Earworm warning.)

I just learned Discotek Media had actually gotten the rights to release it some years back. I just bought it off of Amazon, and its page is sending mixed messages. The cover says it's all in English, but the details say it just has the Japanese track. So 'til I get my hands on the DVD, I dunno, don't care, I'm just amazed it got rescued at all.
Yes, yes I do, and I couldn't find it for years, not helped by my thinking the title was Food Wars which eventually became the title of an entirely separate series. This show was weird.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Last I heard Lara, she was Kyoko Needleworker in Disgaea 3 and Castile in Phantom Brave.

Makes sense Lara's gone into video games, she's still in a lot of cartoons as well but I haven't heard her past The Loud House from what little I've seen. She hasn't been in a lot of anime because it's usually non-union (hence why she wasn't back as Kari), but Netflix is. I had given up hope she'd ever do another anime dub again lol.