• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

RetroPokeFan

Wait, I thought the One Piece dub was cancelled, especially since Vic Mignona's not voicing Sanji anymore.

It hadn’t been cancelled but rather it had been on a hiatus for quite a long while up until now with only the movies and TV specials being dubbed during that time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RetroPokeFan said:
It hadn’t been cancelled but rather it had been on a hiatus for quite a long while up until now with only the movies and TV specials being dubbed during that time.

I don't follow the dub much these days, so I had no idea that it had been put on hiatus. I used to watch reaction videos of newcomers to the series, but most of my favorite reactors either stopped reacting to it because of time constraints, or they caught up to it completely and no longer react to it. I don't watch the anime anymore except when certain fights are adapted [and it's been a while since there's been a real fight in either the anime or the manga to begin with].

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Wait, I thought the One Piece dub was cancelled, especially since Vic Mignona's not voicing Sanji anymore.

That's Eric Vale, Vic was Sabo only for Film: Gold and Episode of Sabo.

But the One Piece dub keeps going on so many hiatuses that I'm just not bothering with it at the moment, didn't even bother to see Stampede dubbed. It'll make that eventual rewatch a bit more fun because they hadn't dubbed all of Fishman Island when I caught up to it, and I honestly love Jinbe's voice in the dub, so yeah. I'm curious to hear Caesar's and Kin'emon's voices, but I just want them to get through Dressrosa, dammit.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
A whole lot of voice actors are throwing shade at USG for their redundant article: "Final Fantasy 7 Remake's Voice Cast Got Their Scripts As They Were Recording."

Which...it's how it's always been for anything else, really.

Game journalists are a joke anyway who serve as a reminder that the people writing these articles don't know a single damn thing about the industry.

RetroPokeFan

Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045 is up on Netflix today... however it's just the Japanese track only and the other foreign dubs seem to be delayed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. However despite this there are still English dub credits for each episode except for Episode 7 (meaning this would have been recorded before the lockdown) and fans will be pleased to see that everyone is back and I'm not talking about just McGlynn, Epcar, Freeman and Knight but also the likes of Michael McCarty, Dave Wittenberg, Dean Wein and even Bob Buchholz too alongside Roger Craig Smith, Steve Blum, Mick Wingert and the regular Bang-Zoom VA's.

https://twitter.com/JRPictures/status/1253223608358322176?s=20

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know which episode of Ranma 1/2 this scene is from?
I found it on Twitter a while ago & now I NEED to see the whole thing!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045 is up on Netflix today... however it's just the Japanese track only and the other foreign dubs seem to be delayed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. However despite this there are still English dub credits for each episode except for Episode 7 (meaning this would have been recorded before the lockdown) and fans will be pleased to see that everyone is back and I'm not talking about just McGlynn, Epcar, Freeman and Knight but also the likes of Michael McCarty, Dave Wittenberg, Dean Wein and even Bob Buchholz too alongside Roger Craig Smith, Steve Blum, Mick Wingert and the regular Bang-Zoom VA's.

https://twitter.com/JRPictures/status/1253223608358322176?s=20

Oh, thank God, silver lining. I'm still gonna be looking forward to watching this, but I can wait for the English track to be up.

Does anyone know which episode of Ranma 1/2 this scene is from?
I found it on Twitter a while ago & now I NEED to see the whole thing!

Episode 37 in the second season.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Game journalists are a joke anyway who serve as a reminder that the people writing these articles don't know a single damn thing about the industry.
I learned more about anime and game dubbing from listening to Ben Diskin than I ever will from a game journalist. That's for sure.

If you're interested, this video is pretty well researched when it comes to dubbing during a pandemic.

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

Must be new dub time as two movies are getting an English dub for their home media release: Katsuhiro Otomo's Memories by Discotek Media which also makes it the first time the film has an English dub
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1257004219179184128?s=20
and Masaaki Yasua's Ride Your Wave by GKids
(it was sub-only for the theatrical run).
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...de-your-wave-anime-film-on-home-video/.159333

While there is no cast announcement for Memories, Ride Your Wave's main cast have been announced and it includes

• Joey Richter as Minato Hinageshi
  • Merit Leighton as Hinako Mukaimizu
  • Michael Johnston as Wasabi Kawamura
and
  • Sarah Anne Williams as Yōko Hinageshi
As per usual, NYAV Post seems to be the dubbing studio for Ride Your Wave as Stephanie Sheh is the voice director.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Must be new dub time as two movies are getting an English dub for their home media release: Katsuhiro Otomo's Memories by Discotek Media which also makes it the first time the film has an English dub

I'm crying, this is amazing. I think it's wonderful more older series are getting rescued for Blu-Ray and have the potential of being legally streamed. Too many titles have been lost in limbo, and too many others have gone unlicensed.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The dub for Tower of God has begun and the first dubbed episode has already released. Surprising considering what's happening right now and I have to say. The voices are not half bad, they fit but it's not quite how I imagine it, especially Rak's voice.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I recently saw that Cardcaptor Sakura will be coming to Netflix June 1st while BNA will be coming June 30th. How likely do you think these shows will be getting new dub releases when they come out?

While BNA seems 50/50 considering everything, I think there could be a possibility if they started working on the dub before the pandemic or if they have the technology to work from home like Funimation’s doing

As for Cardcaptor Sakura, I think they’ll most likely use the Aniplex dub, but I’m hoping for a new one since this series has two dubs that are generally bad for opposite reasons. The Nelvana dub made way too many edits to make it kid friendly but the characters sound more genuine & believable, whereas the Aniplex dub is more fateful to the original version but practically every character sounds horrible.