1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Dub Discussion/News

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by RetroPokeFan, Jan 7, 2020.

1. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Well-Known Member

As a guy that doesn't mind the dub, you're absolutley right. I think what makes it worse unlike the other main companion roles was the fact that she sounds perfectly fine in the first few episodes but than after that it's always the comically high pitched voice that doesn't suit a character like Lillie in the slightest.

Listen to her first appereance in Episode 1 and then go watch one of the later episodes and you'll all know why.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. RetroPokeFan

3. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Pokeball Rank Trainer

When did Netflix have every One Piece episode up to the Alabasta Arc? I thought they would only have the East Blue sagas when the show first came out

4. xEryChan

xEryChan King of the Pirates Staff Member Moderator

I think they did it recently. When I first started watching One Piece, it wasn’t up on Netflix so I’ve been watching it on the Funimation app.

5. RetroPokeFan

Go Gundam!

The Gundam Seed redub now officially has a release date with the recently announced Ultra Collector's Edition with it landing on December 1st 2020 with pre-orders now available on the RightStuf website.
    https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status/1289587948644491266?s=20

This release features not only the new dub produced by NYAV Post and voice directed by Carrie Keranen (same voice director for the Evangelion redub) but also the original dub recorded in Canada by Ocean Productions which is exclusive to this set.

In other NYAV related news, the next Netflix series they'll be working on is the 4 episode CG sci-fi series Eden which will be released soon in the fall.
    https://twitter.com/JRPictures/status/1289516095078948865?s=20

And in even more news (albeit a bit late on this one) the theatrical screenings of Children of the Sea that was meant to have been this month on August 11 and 13th have been cancelled and the movie will now be going straight to home media and digital next month on September 1st.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

7. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

8. AuraChannelerChris

Been announced since like 2 weeks ago.

9. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Did a quick looking around, and I had literally forgotten I had seen a thing about it last August. Also literally forgot the first two seasons were each a year apart. So yeah, guess it was about time for another season to be released.

Alrighty, then. Probably gonna be ten episodes again.

10. RetroPokeFan

Ride Your Wave also came out on home media as well three days ago.

The other cast members other than the mains I mentioned a while back include

• Debra Wilson as Mom
    • Erica Lindbeck as Junko
    • Rachel Slotky as Ai
    • Griffin Robert Faulkner as young Minato
    • Michael Sorich as Lieutenant
    • Kirk Thornton as Deputy Lieutenant
    • Brad Venable as Lifeguard Manager
    and the Additional Voices -

• Billy Kametz
    • Erica Lindbeck
    • Kyle McCarley
    • Griffin Puatu
    • Erica Schroeder
    • Rachel Slotky
    • Michael Sorich
    • Kirk Thornton
    • Brad Venable
    • Sarah Anne Williams
    • Debra Wilson
    https://twitter.com/poke_retro/status/1290678493072830466?s=20

11. RetroPokeFan

The cast for the main leads for Great Pretender have been revealed.

They include
    Makoto Edamura - Alan Lee
    Laurent Thierry - Aaron Phillips
    Abigail Jones (Abbie) - Kausar Mohammed
    Cynthia Moore - Laura Post
    Kudo - Mike Pollock
    and Shi Ohn - Karen Huie.

https://twitter.com/nxonnetflix/status/1293287581673615360?s=21

12. AuraChannelerChris

I'd say I'm stocked for Dr. Eggman, but mentioning that to Mike has become annoying to him like everyone telling Rachel Lillis she's Misty.