• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

RetroPokeFan

We can all agree she was not thinking straight when she made Hymes voice Lillie with that awful pitch.
As a guy that doesn't mind the dub, you're absolutley right. I think what makes it worse unlike the other main companion roles was the fact that she sounds perfectly fine in the first few episodes but than after that it's always the comically high pitched voice that doesn't suit a character like Lillie in the slightest.

Listen to her first appereance in Episode 1 and then go watch one of the later episodes and you'll all know why.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
When did Netflix have every One Piece episode up to the Alabasta Arc? I thought they would only have the East Blue sagas when the show first came out

xEryChan

Demon Child
When did Netflix have every One Piece episode up to the Alabasta Arc? I thought they would only have the East Blue sagas when the show first came out

I think they did it recently. When I first started watching One Piece, it wasn’t up on Netflix so I’ve been watching it on the Funimation app.

RetroPokeFan

Go Gundam!

The Gundam Seed redub now officially has a release date with the recently announced Ultra Collector's Edition with it landing on December 1st 2020 with pre-orders now available on the RightStuf website.
https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status/1289587948644491266?s=20

This release features not only the new dub produced by NYAV Post and voice directed by Carrie Keranen (same voice director for the Evangelion redub) but also the original dub recorded in Canada by Ocean Productions which is exclusive to this set.

In other NYAV related news, the next Netflix series they'll be working on is the 4 episode CG sci-fi series Eden which will be released soon in the fall.
https://twitter.com/JRPictures/status/1289516095078948865?s=20

And in even more news (albeit a bit late on this one) the theatrical screenings of Children of the Sea that was meant to have been this month on August 11 and 13th have been cancelled and the movie will now be going straight to home media and digital next month on September 1st.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Been announced since like 2 weeks ago.

Did a quick looking around, and I had literally forgotten I had seen a thing about it last August. Also literally forgot the first two seasons were each a year apart. So yeah, guess it was about time for another season to be released.

Alrighty, then. Probably gonna be ten episodes again.

RetroPokeFan

Ride Your Wave also came out on home media as well three days ago.

The other cast members other than the mains I mentioned a while back include

• Debra Wilson as Mom
  • Erica Lindbeck as Junko
  • Rachel Slotky as Ai
  • Griffin Robert Faulkner as young Minato
  • Michael Sorich as Lieutenant
  • Kirk Thornton as Deputy Lieutenant
  • Brad Venable as Lifeguard Manager
and the Additional Voices -

• Billy Kametz
  • Erica Lindbeck
  • Kyle McCarley
  • Griffin Puatu
  • Erica Schroeder
  • Rachel Slotky
  • Michael Sorich
  • Kirk Thornton
  • Brad Venable
  • Sarah Anne Williams
  • Debra Wilson
https://twitter.com/poke_retro/status/1290678493072830466?s=20

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Zoids Wild (aka just Zoids in some cases) makes it's debut on Netflix tomorrow but with essentially no fanfare or any sort of announcement which gives me a slight edge of worry that Hasbro just has no faith with this one.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-zoids-wild-anime-in-u.s-on-august-14/.162839
Wait, so it’s the Zoids anime series from the 2000s with Bit Cloud & the Liger Zero who was an Ultimate X?

I saw something about Zoids on Netflix, but it didn’t have a trailer so I couldn’t tell if it was a new show or the original series.

RetroPokeFan

Wait, so it’s the Zoids anime series from the 2000s with Bit Cloud & the Liger Zero who was an Ultimate X?

I saw something about Zoids on Netflix, but it didn’t have a trailer so I couldn’t tell if it was a new show or the original series.
It's the newer series from 2018 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoids_Wild). Asides from getting a Hong Kong produced dub for the Philippines and Singapore, Hasbro/Allspark hasn't really been doing much with the series until now. Can't really blame you for thinking it's the older series because they've done a terrible job of promoting it or lack of promotion.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So apparently Funimation released a simuldub for Kaguya-Sama season 2 BEFORE doing a dub for season 1. I've heard about the debates for the VAs in this dub not being good (especially for the Narrator), but why would they dub the second season before the first season? For dub watchers, they'd have to wait even longer to watch the series since they need to watch the show from the very beginning

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So apparently Funimation released a simuldub for Kaguya-Sama season 2 BEFORE doing a dub for season 1. I've heard about the debates for the VAs in this dub not being good, but why would they they dub the second season before the first season? For dub watchers, they'd have to wait even longer to watch the series since they need to watch the show from the very beginning

It's possible the coronavirus made them fall behind schedule, but that is an odd decision to make. I don't believe it's the first time, either, where a second season got dubbed first before going back to the earlier episodes, but no shows are coming to mind--not really counting Dragon Ball given its crazy licensing history. Might've been Lupin III: Part II (episodes later in the series were dubbed first as a test run but they never did the whole series) but I dunno.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So apparently Funimation released a simuldub for Kaguya-Sama season 2 BEFORE doing a dub for season 1. I've heard about the debates for the VAs in this dub not being good, but why would they they dub the second season before the first season? For dub watchers, they'd have to wait even longer to watch the series since they need to watch the show from the very beginning
Licensing and/or other legal issues seem the most likely cause.

RetroPokeFan

Zoids Wild came out on Friday on Netflix. It's the first 26 episodes and wait for it....

it's an Ocean dub too. God, it feels so good to see them again.