• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The Bofuri dub’s FINALLY continuing since Funimation’s posting episode 9 some time today

I bought the whole series on Amazon video back in April/May so that I’d be prepared for when the show comes back. Hopefully Amazon will feature episode 9 some today too

UPDATE: the dub’s just as good as it was before COVID started, though I’m not sure if Mai’s VA changed due to technology limitations (or something else) since she sounded different in a few scenes

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So apparently the Bofuri dub is getting inconsistent releases. I thought episode 10 would come out today since episode 9 came out last Tuesday, but there's absolutely nothing about it. The show's not even listed on Funimation's release schedule -_-

On top of that, no other sites released the dub of episode 9. I know Amazon didn't release it and for some reason Anime Labs only has the Japanese version too. At this point I'm starting to wonder if the dub will even finish by the end of the year

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...

Interview with Peter Fernandez & Cornnie Orr. They describe their careers & how Speed Racer was dubbed into English.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Interview with Peter Fernandez & Cornnie Orr. They describe their careers & how Speed Racer was dubbed into English.

Peter was such a bro. Seriously, he found a loophole in the rules to bring in the voice talent he wanted--he wanted six, but was limited to only three, so he snuck in four voice-actors by sacrificing his salary and a proper credit recognition in the process by giving his old colleague the agreed payment directly from his paycheck.

Directly from the Speed Racer manga book leaflet:
37PmB.jpg

37PmC.png

37PmD.png

RetroPokeFan

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Kirby Morrow has passed away at age 47. No specifics have been given as to how he died.
I'm honestly upset by this. Must've been a freak accident if they haven't said what happened, like good Lord.