• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

RetroPokeFan

Akudama Drive just got a lot bigger because none other than Dan Green (yes, THE Dan Green) has joined the series as the Headmaster.

Other newcomers include:
  • Kent Williams as the Professor
  • Cassie Ewulu and Ciaran Strange as two boys and some Executioners
  • Emi Lo as another boy
  • and the other Executioner VA's include Brandon Winckler, Anairis Quinones, Morgan Berry, Bryson Baugus and Brett Weaver.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Dan Green is an enigma on whether he retired from voice acting or not after his wife died from childbirth.
It might be part-time now unless he's no longer working as an instructor for Edge Studios. If he's still in New York, given the state's abysmal cost of living, it's probably no wonder he's returning to voice-acting.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Today, the 4 OVA episodes of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan released on Netflix.

Landon McDonald takes over Vic Minogna for Rohan. It's incredibly uncanny how Landon makes a very good Vic impression.
I've never watched anything that Landon's been in (yeah, I'm behind on a lot of stuff, but meh) so I don't know how well he does, but if he was able to be a seamless replacement, that's great news. Vic on his Twitter even congratulated him for the release and wished him well.

RetroPokeFan

Speaking of cast replacements, Sean Chiplock is replacing Chris Niosi as Choromatsu in Mr. Osomatsu.

Also announced were Alex Cazares as Chibita, Cassandra Lee Morris as Totoko, Keith Silverstein as Iyami and Cherami Leigh as Hatabou.

Christopher Bevins is also voice director. It was originally Patrick Seitz but he left due to working on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

RetroPokeFan

Mini news section today:

Baki's getting a release from Sentai but it won't be including the Netflix/Studiopolis dub (with Troy Baker) but rather a new one done by Sentai themselves:

Sound Cadence bagged Sleepy Princess in the Demon's Castle with Kira Buckland as the main lead plus Alejandro Saab, Ben Lepley, Bryce Papenbrook and Mike Pollock among the VA's plus Adachi and Shimamura:

Zeno Robinson also joined Attack on Titan:

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

RetroPokeFan

Sound Cadence is already proving themselves to be one of the top dubbing studios for me recently and they strike again with Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?

Erica Schroeder bags the leading role, her first one for a Texas dub and some of the other VA's include Lindsay Sheppard, Alexis Tipton, Doug Erholtz, Billy Kametz and Krystal LaPorte.

Daman Mills is voice directing (his first major solo one too) with J. Michael Tatum on script adapting duties.

RetroPokeFan

Gee, with all these recent announcements it feels like every day is FUNimation day.

Jokes aside, two more dubs have been announced.

First up Shironeko Project ZERO CHRONICLE which will be out in it's entirety tomorrow. Quite a varied cast featuring Zeno Robinson, Sarah Anne Williams, Daman Mills, Keith Silverstein, Dino Andrade, Ryan Colt Levy and the late great Brad Venable in one of his final dubs.

It's produced by Okratron5000 with Felecia Angelle voice directing.

Also out tomorrow is Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater which has been outsourced to one of FUNi's old pals New Generation Pictures who produced the dub. Expect quite the varied cast from them for this one.

RetroPokeFan

With Akudama Drive now over, Kocha Sound has now put up a list of all the voice actors involved so here's a big ol' round of applause to all those that helped bring this great show to life.

Meanwhile on Sound Cadence's side: Wendee Lee, Rebeka Thomas and Matthew Corcoran are the latest VA's to join Adachi and Shimamura (the previous being Michelle Marie, Larissa Gallagher and Linsay Rousseau).

RetroPokeFan

So they've been sitting on a literal translated script for 25 years after trying to force ADV to use it?

Yikes, Khara.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The queen of ****posting Amanda Winn Lee comes forward about Netflix's Evangelion's script.

Putting it in spoiler format because of uncensored profanity by...well, her:

Huh, I don’t know which is harder to believe: the fact that the script Netflix used was written 25 years ago, or the fact that ADV actually turned it down back then to make the original dub we know today

Also out tomorrow is Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater which has been outsourced to one of FUNi's old pals New Generation Pictures who produced the dub. Expect quite the varied cast from them for this one.
This explains why Cherami Leigh voiced Sayaka since I thought she left Funimation as a regular VA after Fairy Tail ended. I actually watched the entire dub over the weekend & I thought it was pretty good. I never watched the sub version, but the voices sounded like good fits for their characters & everyone sounded like they were giving a good performance. It was pretty much the same quality as a Sentai Filmworks dub. Plus, I’m a sucker for accents in anime due to growing up on 4Kids dubs (though now it’s more for accurate or in-character accents), so it was nice hearing most of the cast in Southern dialects to match the town Hina moved to

Anyway, I’m not sure when this happened, but it seemed like Funimation finally released the dub for Kaguya Sama season 1 (when for some reason they did the dub for season 2 first)

Last edited: