• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Dub Discussion/News

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Sentai has some really weird dub choices.

I still can't believe they gave Food Wars' Erina a valley girl accent when she's a world-famous chef and food taster. Like, why. Not a single person in her family even has that strange accent.
Valley girl would 100% fit Alice, though.

RetroPokeFan

Michael Kovach of Hazbin Hotel fame and Steven Kelly are the main stars of the amusingly titled Dragon Goes House-Hunting, the newest Sound Cadence dub for FUNimation and voice directed by Alexis Tipton.

Also featuring Dawn M. Bennett, Jim Foronda, Brittany Cox and Mike Pollock as the narrator.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I started watching the dub for "I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level." The VAs for Azusa & Laika sound wooden and out of character aside from a few moments, but otherwise the cast does a pretty good job with believable performances. Plus, I can never completely hate this dub since they have Erica Mendez as Beelzebub & Veronica Taylor as the Goddess of Godly Goodness

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

Should have mentioned this days ago but Godzilla: Singular Point is up on Netflix featuring Johnny Yong Bosch and Erika Harlacher as the leads and dubbed by SDI Media or rather Iyuno-SDI Group now.

I feel as if SDI's really been stepping their game up recently with bringing more VA's into their talent pool. Record of Ragnarok had a whopping 15 voice actors making their SDI debut, this series has 5: Brittany Cox, Christopher Swindle, Faye Mata, Kimberley Anne Campbell and Beau Billingslea.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Looks as if the next Evangelion movie is coming to...

Amazon Prime?

Also I might as well say this but DO NOT expect the FUNi cast to be returning. I think it's most likely the VSI cast who will be doing this one.
Goddamn it, that's a giant "ewww" on all accounts. One big one for it being exclusive to Amazon Prime, and another one for (probably) using the newer cast for it. I thought the Rebuild movies were a completely different license altogether and that meant it was safe to get a final dub performance from the English cast as well as (potentially) get a theatrical release? Like this movie should absolutely have a theatrical release because this is a big freakin' deal.

What a waste, what a slap to the face. Think this would've happened even if the pandemic didn't happen. Khara can go piss off with this crap.

RetroPokeFan

FUNimation announced a while back that they'd be releasing some Prince of Tennis stuff in the future and tomorrow our first slice of the pie arrives with the two part OVA based on The Prince of Tennis II: Hyotei vs. Rikkai Game of Future. What a cast this has too with both Christopher Wehkamp and Robbie Daymond as the leads plus Keith Silverstein, Billy Kametz, Ian Sinclair, Bill Butts, Brandon McInnis and even Wayne Grayson too.

Dubbed by Sound Cadence for FUNi and voice directed by Howard Wang.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The dub for Zombie Land Saga Revenge just came out today. I've been saving my Funimation premium membership trial specifically for this moment!

Hayo Miyazaki's Future Boy Conan is finally going to be available officially in the US thanks to GKids with an extra surprise: a new English dub to go along with it's 4K restoration.
Has there been any word on when the DVDs of the dub will come out, or if they'll be available on sites like HBO Max (I'm assuming since they seem to have the hosting rights for GKids dubs)?