• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Face-Off Champion Code Geass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Death Note: 2/25
Code Geass: 22/25 +

Genaller

Silver Soul
Death Note: 2/25
Code Geass: 24/25 +

Genaller

Silver Soul
With 2 wins to 0 losses at scores of 25-9, 25-2, Code Geass is the 3rd winner of the anime face-off! It will be added to the hall of fame.

Congratulations Code Geass!!!

Champion Round will be posted soon.

Genaller

Silver Soul
It’s Time for the champion round!

First let’s introduce the challenger whose protagonist holds multiple championship titles in face-offs over here: Code Geass!!!

102057dda53a0f6d36c1717683acb7d1.jpg

Next up it’s the reigning, defending, undefeated, anime face-off champion: FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!!!

2412381-edward_and_alphonse_solo_by_greedlin_d2yzcud.png

This championship bzttle will be a best of 7 set meaning the first anime to win 4 matches will be anime face-off champion! For each game voters will be asked to consider different aspects of the 2 series and are encouraged to make their vote primarily on the aspect pertaining to the current match; however, if a voter wishes to simply vote for which show they think is better overall in each match, that is fine too.

To keep things fresh there will be variation (which could be anywhere from mild to drastic) in the format of each match. The first match will be standard voting with a 2 hour cooldown and the first series to reach 30 points will win the match. For this match try to focus on the plot of both shows. Which was better structured? Which had better pacing? Which narrative was stronger overall?

If you need it, here are the first opennings of both shows to get you in the mood:

And now let the greatest battle in anime-face-off history begin!

Code Geass: 0/30
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 0/30

xEryChan

Demon Child
Code Geass: 1/30
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 1/30 +

Depending on how this goes, I might either stick with FMA or alternate between both as they’re both great series.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Code Geass: 2/30 +
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 1/30

FMA:B has the grander plot, but I liked Lelouch's personal story better. In FMA:B, it felt like Ed was simply a part of a grander plot and he happened to get involved in it.

@Blaze Master X

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Code Geass: 3/30 +
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 1/30

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Code Geass: 3/30
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 3/30 +

Both are great series and I’m more than okay with Code Geass winning this time but I do plan on voting for FMA:B

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Code Geass: 4/30 +
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 3/30

As I’ve said, I have a lot of personal boas towards Code Geass but FMA:B is amazing and a well deserving winner

Genaller

Silver Soul
Code Geass: 6/30 +
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 4/30

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Code Geass: 7/30

FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 5/30+

Status
Not open for further replies.