• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Face-Off Champion Code Geass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genaller

Silver Soul
- Winner of the first face-off: FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Winner of the second face-off: Clannad: After Story
- Winner of the third face-off: Code Geass

Currently on champion round FMA:B vs CG: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...1-hour-cooldown.663716/page-109#post-18729272

Old Stuff:

Inspired by @keepitsimple ‘ s Western Cartoon Face-Off I figured we should also have 1 of these for Japanease animated series as well.

Rules
  • All SPPF rules apply.
  • Each poster can nominate at most 5 shows.
  • Each show nominated must be a completed Japenease animated tv series.
  • No Pokémon anime series is allowed (we already had a face-off for that).
  • At least 16 total nominations need to be given before the game can start though at least 20 nominations would be preferred.
  • Nominated series will compete against each other in 1 vs 1s until the list of remaining nominations becomes short enough for the final round.
  • The voting process for the 1 vs 1s will be similar to that of other such threads where each series starts at 0 points, the first to 12 points wins, and a given member needs to wait at least 8 hours after giving a series a point before they can do so again.
  • The voting process for the final round will be determined when we get to that point.

I’m nominating Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero and Death Note.

Last edited:
I'm not someone who watches a lot of anime shows, but I'll try a few nominations here:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Digimon Adventure series (Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02 and Digimon Adventure Tri) and Bakuten Shoot Beyblade (Beyblade, Beyblade V-Force and Beyblade G-Revolution).

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
I'm not someone who watches a lot of anime shows, but I'll try a few nominations here:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters series, Digimon Adventure, Digimon Adventure 02 and Beyblade: G Revolution.
Is Digimon Adventure 02 a direct sequel of Digimon Adventure in that they’re in the same “Digimon era”? If so then you could count them as 1 series. Similarly you could also count the OG Beyblade seasons as 1 series since they’re in the same “Beyblade era” unless of course you only consider G Revolutions to be worth nominating.

Is Digimon Adventure 02 a direct sequel of Digimon Adventure in that they’re in the same “Digimon era”? If so then you could count them as 1 series. Similarly you could also count the OG Beyblade seasons as 1 series since they’re in the same “Beyblade era” unless of course you only consider G Revolutions to be worth nominating.
Digimon Adventure 02 is obviously a sequel of Digimon Adventure lol.

I see that case I'm nominating all of Digimon Adventure and its sequel series' (Adventure, Adventure 02 and Adventure Tri) and whole of the OG Beyblade series. :)

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Digimon Adventure is obviously a sequel of Digimon Adeventure lol.

I see that case I'm nominating all of Digimon Adventure and its sequel series' (Adventure, Adventure 02 and Tri) and whole of the OG Beyblade series. :)
Well technically tri is a film series though I guess it’s fine since it complements the preceding 2 tv series. So to confirm your nominations would be:

— Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters
— Digimon Adventure Series
— Bakuten Shoot Beyblade

Yes, Cory in the House is an anime ^^
Upon doing a Google Search I found out that it's originally an American TV series, produced in America too, so nope it's not an Japanese animated TV series which @Genaller states as a criteria.

Genaller

Silver Soul
LMAO the story of “Cory In The House being thought of as an anime” is hilarious, but jokes aside it won’t be counted on this face-off. I’m counting @keepitsimple ‘s nominations One Punch Man and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures as well as @Dragalge ‘s nomination Kill La Kill bringing the total number of nominations up to 11.

TheWanderingMist

Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned
Oh, good.

Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
Azumanga Dai-oh
Assassination Classroom

And, um, hmm, most of the other ones I like are still going (One Piece, My Hero Academia, etc.) So let's see....

Well, most everything else on here is a shonen, so...

Sailor Moon.

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
My nominations:

Naruto
Cardcaptor Sakura
Inuyasha
Black Cat
Sailor Moon

Genaller

Silver Soul
My nominations:

Naruto
Cardcaptor Sakura
Inuyasha
Black Cat
Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon has already been nominated by someone else, so if you’d like, you could nominate 1 more show.

Kirby Dragons

Love Hina
Chrome Shelled Regios
Medaka Box
Akame ga Kill

Genaller

Silver Soul
All right then here are the nominations!

0. Code Geass -> Eliminated!
1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -> Advances!
2. Steins;Gate -> Advances!
3. Fate/Zero -> Advances!
4. Death Note -> Advances!
5. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters -> Advances!
6. Digimon Adventure Series -> Eliminated!
7. Bakuten Shoot Beyblade -> Advances!
8. One Punch Man Season 1 -> Advances!
9. Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders -> Advances!
10. Kill La Kill -> Advances!
11. Space Dandy -> Advances!
12. Cowboy Bebop -> Advances!
13. Azumanga Dai-oh -> Eliminated!
14. Assassination Classroom -> Advances!
15. My Hero Academia Seasons 1-3 -> Eliminated!
16. Naruto -> Eliminated!
17. Cardcaptor Sakura -> Eliminated!
18. Inuyasha -> Eliminated!
19. Black Cat -> Eliminated!
20. Sailor Moon -> Eliminated!
21. Love Hina -> Eliminated!
22. Chrome Shelled Regios -> Eliminated!
23. Medaka Box -> Eliminated!
24. Akame ga Kill -> Eliminated!

In total there are 25 nominations. And our first match up is:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters 0/12
Inuyasha 0/12

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters 2/12 +
Inuyasha 0/12

You-Gi-Oh! -> Let's settle life or death stakes with... wait for it... a children’s trading card game! Also an ancient Egyptian pharaoh with 3,000 years of swag!

Inuyasha -> Everything bad that happens throughout the show almost always ends up being the same bloke’s fault! Also feudal Japan with demons!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.