• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

anime mistakes

Scaldaver

Limitless
In the First Pokemon movie, on the screen Team Rocket refer to Scyther as 'Alakazam'

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Granted, though, Team Rocket had been roaming through the castle and wouldn't have seen any of the other trainers' pokemon, and the images were changing every five seconds, so a mistake or two is understandable.

CrackedPeppers

Camerupt Trainer
When Ash first meets Morrison Brock says there is a month to go before the Pokémon League, but at the end it says there's only 2 weeks to go, I doubt a single Pokémon episode spans 2 weeks!

fitzy909

Just another guy
a lot of the time when ash remembers receiving pikachu he is shown getting it in his regular clothes. actually he was in his pyjamas. this has happened several times, including in the 4th movie.

kash0661

Lazy Trainer
Pikachu beating Brock's Geodude and Onix with an electric attack...

Hikatoshi26

Pikachu beating Brock's Geodude and Onix with an electric attack...

My favorite is pikachu beating Roxanne's Geodude with Thunderbolt. Brock's Onix was doused in water the only reason it worked. (apparently)

In DP 145 A rivalry to Gible on they didn't dub over trapinch's voice so the jap voice still sounded.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
In Mewtwo Returns , Meowth's clone says "Nya" instaed of "Meow."

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
My favorite is pikachu beating Roxanne's Geodude with Thunderbolt. Brock's Onix was doused in water the only reason it worked. (apparently)

In DP 145 A rivalry to Gible on they didn't dub over trapinch's voice so the jap voice still sounded.

Pikachu beat Geodude with a close range THUNDER attack. They gave a reason, it was so powerful that Geodude couldn't handle it and got hurt. Think of it this way, a ThunderPunch from a Machamp should have an effect on a Diglett if it was real life. That's what the anime tries to do, represent the Pokémon world in a cartoony way

On topic: Anime mistakes? The Best Wishes series

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'm surprised no one else has pointed out the error in the Charizard flashback episode a few weeks ago. Back when it was showing Ash being trapped in that ice cave, it showed Pigeot, not Pigeotto, which is huge, b/c I mean....Pigeot is freaking huge, at least Ash's was when it evolved, but in that flashback when Pigeotto got switched, it was so much smaller. I went 0_o "How did that get by the team?"

Hikatoshi26

I'm surprised no one else has pointed out the error in the Charizard flashback episode a few weeks ago. Back when it was showing Ash being trapped in that ice cave, it showed Pigeot, not Pigeotto, which is huge, b/c I mean....Pigeot is freaking huge, at least Ash's was when it evolved, but in that flashback when Pigeotto got switched, it was so much smaller. I went 0_o "How did that get by the team?"

I didnt believe you so i rewatched the ep on my computer and my God! it was a mini pigeot that's hilarious!

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master

That's because that is considered spoilers

kash0661

Lazy Trainer
Brock's Happiny being ridiculously strong, seriously it was OP, it looked like they traded the hp stat with attack.

Bariokie

rock dog
At the epsiodes that baby lugia and lugia were catched brock's crobat was blue?
Was this a mistake or sumthing like that?

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
In Mewtwo Returns , Meowth's clone says "Nya" instaed of "Meow."
Actually, Meowth in Japanese is Nyarth. There's a lot of untranslated Pokemon cries in the Anime. Count them to win a NOTHING!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
When Ash first meets Morrison Brock says there is a month to go before the Pokémon League, but at the end it says there's only 2 weeks to go, I doubt a single Pokémon episode spans 2 weeks!

"Tru Blue Swablu" is the longest span for a pokemon episode, I believe. The events lasted long enough for Team Rocket to build a treehouse while they waited to strike.

STICKTOPIA

When Tyson's metagross used hyperbeam Brock called it solarbeam. Also when Ash's Staraptor was using close combat on Paul's Honchcrow, Brock said it's super effective since it's a dark type. It's also flying so that's wrong.

Mew The Gato

Swanna used Blizzard in Crisis at Ferroseed Research!

Bulbasaur used Whirlwind in The Ninja Poke-Showdown.
Snorlax used Harden in Wheel Of Frontier.
Espeon used Zap Cannon in Second Time's the Charm.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
Snorlax used Harden in Wheel Of Frontier..
Have you ever read the Manga? Red's Snorlax used it too. Maybe all the Pokemon (except Bulbasaur) you mentioned are special members of their species? Bulbasaur' s Whirlwind was a mistranslation. Hmph. Hmph hmph.