• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

anime mistakes

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Oh yeah, and let's not forget young Sammy in the 4th movie had blue eyes while Professor Oak has brown eyes.

CliveKoopa

BW 116 had very minor errors. Who cares about Oak' s freaking EYES?

Indeed. I wish there was a like button for this post. As if Oak's "charming" eyes are the most important thing in the entire anime. XD

Sprinter1988

Snorlax used Harden in Wheel Of Frontier.
Espeon used Zap Cannon in Second Time's the Charm.

I think I read somewhere that Snorlax using Harden was a mistranslation of Protect, although the attack certainly did look like Harden.
Espeon could learn Zap Cannon in Generation 2. In all honesty, I don't think that those kinds of limits affect the anime, look at Virgil and his Vaporeon, which used BubbleBeam. (Hey, there's a question. Vaporeon is the Bubble Jet Pokemon, and yet can neither learn Bubble nor BubbleBeam...why?) And Ash's Charizard did not learn Dragonbreath until the Battle Frontier series, even though it has not been able to learn the move since generation 2.

Also
Ok so in the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl series, Dawn is gonna battle a trainer with her Mamoswine. In this scene, there were 2 Pikachus in the scene, so I'll show you the picture.

DP158_error.png

Do you see the difference in here?
I think another thing to look at in this picture is the fact that the feet of Piplup and the Pikachu on the ground are sunk into the sidewalk, as are the Ash's feet and most of Brock's.

Anyway, I've got to add in here Ash's Tranquill using Wing Attack. I believe that it was the first true move error in the BW series. Then again, I think that giving Ash yet another bird that knows both Aerial Ace and Quick Attack was a huge mistake altogether. Remember how cool Ash's Noctowl seemed when it came back? That's because it used neither of those two moves and we all forgot that such a thing was possible for a bird in the anime!

Also I think that the movie with Giratina and Shaymin had a male Nidoran using Bite, and another way back in the original series used Fury Swipes. Ash's temporary Raticate knew Jump Kick, Jessie's Wobbuffet once used Bide, Parasect have been shown several times to use Sleep Powder, a Munchlax once used Giga Impact, Brock's Crobat once used SonicBoom, a Bellsprout once used Absorb, some Unown were shown to use Psychic, a Piplup was shown using Water Gun.... good grief there are a lot of these, aren't there?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
^ It would have made a little more sense if Wobbuffet had been trying to use maybe destiny bond, but I like Jessie's pun on "bide" when she yells at him. LOL

Sprinter1988

How is using Shell Blade a mistake? That thing he holds could be used as a shell.

Its a mistake because that is its Japanese name. In English it should be Razor Shell. This mistake was made when Ash and Oshawott battled Bianca's father and his Darmanitan.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
ok this one drove me nuts. In the episode "for ho-oh the bells toll"
Brock said that reflect didnt block vine whip cuz it was a special attack......
WHAT?!?!
1 vine whip isnt a special attack
2 reflect blocks special attacks, not physical ones so...... that wouldnt have mattered anyways

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
- Brock appeared to forget that his Vulpix never actually evolved, saying that he once had his very own Ninetales in "Just Waiting On A Friend"..
- In "Buizel Your Way Outta This", Zoey momentarily lost her arm..
- There were baby Nidoqueen's in Mewtwo Returns.
- Officer Jenny suddenly became Ash while running in DP096.
- In "Illusion Confusion", Brock momentarily has eleven fingers..
- During the Pokerap, Poliwag is labelled as Poliwrath.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
WHAT?!?!
2 reflect blocks special attacks, not physical ones so...... that wouldnt have mattered anyways

It's actually Light Screen that weakens special attacks, not Reflect. So yeah that statement from Brock is indeed a mistake.

I'm really surprised of all the move errors shown in the anime so far, such as Pokemon using moves they can't learn in the games or a move being called out by its Japanese name, like the "Shell Blade" example mentioned above. I recall seeing such an error, in the episode "A Tail With A Twist" when James mentioned Jessie using "Megaton Kick" when its actually the Japanese name for Mega Kick.

Sprinter1988

WHAT?!?!

Wrong on both counts.
Back in Generation 2 (when the episode took place) moves were divided much more simply than they are now. All grass type moves at the time were classed as "special" moves, be it Vine Whip or Solar Beam, so at the time the episode was made, Brock was correct in what he said. They were divided as they are now in Generation 4, when Vine Whip became a "physical" move.

And Reflect blocks physical attacks, always has. You're thinking of Light Screen.