• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime movie I watched once as a kid. Anyone recognize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
I think this was anime.

The only thing I can remember was it was about this young boy who was transported to a world of nice things. He was told never to open this door, because it had evil things behind it. He opened it, because he was a total brat.

I'm so sorry for lack of detail. I was like six, so around 1995, that's why not many details are coming to memory. I do remember the other world was in the clouds or something.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I am not sure, but I think you are talking about the anime MAR? lol the first episode's title is about opening a door to another world

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Maybe since it was from a long time ago, maybe you watched a series but remembered it as a movie? Do you remember anything else?

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
You have a point. I seriously remember nothing. I only remember the style seemed older. Maybe like something form the 80's even.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
ohh lol i did not look at the date. Do you remember what channel you were watching it on?

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
AAAAAAh!!!! I finally found it. Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland!! Gosh probably nothing to do with My Neighbor Totoro. Hehe

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah, sounds like Little Nemo. It was animated in Japan, so yeah, it's an anime. Probably infamous for having so many producers/directors on it (including Miyazaki who didn't like working with the film).

And the film came out in 1989, not 1995.

Never saw it outside of Nostalgia Critic's review. Only knew of the comic strip.

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
Sorry when I mentioned 1995, I meant that's about when I saw it so it had to have been made before then. Not exactly then.

Status
Not open for further replies.