• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Openings and Endings?

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
So what do you reckon is the most famous/reconised anime opening/ending?

There are quite a few like NGE's Cruel Angel's Thesis OP or Suzumiya Haruhi's Hare Hare Yukai ED but what your oppinion?

Any OP or ED that you think that everyone knows about because it's good? (Keyword here is famous, not notorious)

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
Anything that aired on both US and Japanese TV is well known, even if it's not a dynamite song. I would say the Sailormoon OP theme is one of these.

One of my favorite OPs is that of the one used for Cowboy Bepop. It's not a kareoke(sp?) rendition of some lame J-Pop song, but quite an original composition. I also enjoy Samurai Champloo's OP as well as Juuni Kokki's OP.

ED theme wise, I find some of the Inuyasha ones to be quite nice. I'm partial to the third ED, "Dearest", but, owning several cels from the theme has made me biased.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
In addition to the ones already listed, The Big O's first season opening is well-known for a variety of reasons (aside from being an awesome Queen parody). I'd also recon' that the opening themes to both Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex series, particularly the latter, would be common among anime fans.

Wolf's Rain's ending theme also might be another one.

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Nowadays, I think mostly your basic Naruto J-Pop. Also, Ride on Shooting Star was also REALLY, REALLY famous for a while back then.

Rave

Banned
I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark here, but I think the 2nd OP and ED from Death Note was rather unique. Of course, from what I've seen so far.

I still hum the OP of Cowboy Bebop to this day, since I found it rather catchy.

Last edited:

Chibbichan

i eated a butter...
Probably the first English Naruto opening. It was very famous.

Angelique

transcending love~
Oooh, I'll have to say Lucky Star's Motteke Serafuku OP. Regardless of debates on whether Lucky Star is a good anime or not, Motteke Serafuku is goddamn famous mainly due to its connection to the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and due to internet exposure.

I have seen so many people trying to replicat the Hare Hare Yukai Dance on Youtube that it isn't funny though...

Oh, and Death Note's the WORLD OP is famous too. I particularly liked a parody of this OP by a Youtuber, making a hilarious "Lucky Star" version of it, with Konata playing Light and Kagami playing L.

Wired

... In America!
T.M.Revolution - Invoke [Gundam Seed - 1st opening]

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark here, but I think the 2nd OP and ED from Death Note was rather unique. Of course, from what I've seen so far.

I still hum the OP of Cowboy Bebop to this day, since I found it rather catchy.

The OP meant famous, not the best ones.

Probably the first English Naruto opening. It was very famous.

And cacophonic.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the first Pokémon opening. It's a safe bet that more people know about it than all the ones mentioned so far combined. Or does that just go without saying?

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Ah yes, when we wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Then I guess the most famous ending is Hairy Hairy Yuki bla bla bla. If there's a video of someone trying to sing it in English, I've seen it.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the first Pokémon opening. It's a safe bet that more people know about it than all the ones mentioned so far combined. Or does that just go without saying?

The Japanese intro and the US intro were two entirely different songs. I don't think most Japanese fans are familiar with the US version, and vice versa.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I'm aware of that. But regardless, the first season theme is indeed very famous, and I'm sure the same can be said for "Mezase Pokémon Master" in Japan given how much of a fad it was back then. Also, consider that the english version was also the version in all other countries outside Japan, with the exception of Korea, China and possibly a couple others.

Last edited:

Draco Malfoy

-REaction

Wrong. Hare Hare Yukai and Cruel Angel's Thesis are two very popular OPs and considering NGE's notority/popularity, I think that these two OPs are both more well-known than the original Pokemon OP. Besides, like Cutiebunny said, there are five versions of the original, I believe, two different ones for Japan, one for the States, one for one of the Asian countries and one for the European ones.

Hare Hare Yukai trumps nearly all other OPs/EDs in popularity/notority anyway just due to internet exposure and youtube. XP

Angelique

transcending love~
Last edited:

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Wrong. Hare Hare Yukai and Cruel Angel's Thesis are two very popular OPs and considering NGE's notority/popularity, I think that these two OPs are both more well-known than the original Pokemon OP. Besides, like Cutiebunny said, there are five versions of the original, I believe, two different ones for Japan, one for the States, one for one of the Asian countries and one for the European ones.

Nope, try again.

EVA's opening was no where close as the original Japanese Pokemon opening or the english opening.

And speaking of notorious, I lol'd at the part of the original Japanese Pokemon opening when Pikachu came out of some random girl's skirt.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Nope, try again.

EVA's opening was no where close as the original Japanese Pokemon opening or the english opening.

And speaking of notorious, I lol'd at the part of the original Japanese Pokemon opening when Pikachu came out of some random girl's skirt.

Don't forget the split-second black line on the girl that some people thought was her "special place"

Mimori Kiryu

Obviously Take It! Sailor Uniform and Hare Hare Yukai are really popular because of the anime they come from. Death Note's opening theWORLD is popular too. (Nightmare rocks though.) And any opening from an anime that was popular in both Japanese and English is pretty prevalent too.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Besides, like Cutiebunny said, there are five versions of the original, I believe, two different ones for Japan, one for the States, one for one of the Asian countries and one for the European ones.

The European versions are exactly the same as the American version but with translated lyrics.