• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Leonhart

Imagineer
Well, he was the inventor of the Pokémon PC. Plus. he’s a Pokémon Researcher like Professor Oak.
Considering how Satoshi could rotate Pokemon simply by contacting Okido-hakase, I think it makes sense why Masaki's character was essentially turned into a COTD in the anime. I suppose that they could've done more with Masaki's character if they'd focused more on his experiments, though.

Why wasn't Pikachu got banned for Causing Seizures in Electric Soldier Porygon? I mean it's not like Porygon is a hero or something with Pikachu as the villain.

I'm surprised why the Safari Zone Episode is banned in first place, How did Ash's thirty Tauros come to be in the English Dub for unexplained reasons despite the fact that the episode where thirty Tauros originated from is banned?
I'm more confused.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
How did Ash's thirty Tauros come to be in the English Dub for unexplained reasons despite the fact that the episode where thirty Tauros originated from is banned?

Because they appeared in episodes that WEREN'T "banned" as well, and it would be quite the hassle for the dubbers to cut them out of all these episodes just because they skipped the episode that explained where they came from.

This is why it's not a good idea to start rewriting the ongoing show you're dubbing. Sometimes the stuff you wrote out matters more than you thought it would.

CupidKisses

Has the creator of Pokemon ever given an interview where he talks about the cartoon? I know he isn't involved in the writing or any big part of it but has he ever actually talked about it?

there are 2 serious questions about Pokemon Anime Logic:
1. How was Charizard able to use his Dragon Rage/Whatever that move called against Golem when Golem was using Rollout but Charizard was able to One-Hit a Golem
2. How was Regirock able to break through Electabuzz's Protect by Using Stone Edge?

That's like a Trainer bringing Serperior to Galar Region and then use the removed move against Eiscue in Pokémon Anime universe.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
there are 2 serious questions about Pokemon Anime Logic:
1. How was Charizard able to use his Dragon Rage/Whatever that move called against Golem when Golem was using Rollout but Charizard was able to One-Hit a Golem
2. How was Regirock able to break through Electabuzz's Protect by Using Stone Edge?

That's like a Trainer bringing Serperior to Galar Region and then use the removed move against Eiscue in Pokémon Anime universe.
Simple, game logic isn't same as anime logic. They use it as a basis for their own battle system.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Exactly how many references to the movies have been made and what exactly were they in the anime? And I mean actually referencing them, not just because 'said' character didn't scan a legendary... it's not really proof of anything.
We had multiple references to the first Mewtwo movie in OS episodes
We saw TR witness the destruction of the TR base and Mewtwo fleeing in an main series episode
We saw Mewtwo in Armor multiple times in OS, and Gary even battled Mewtwo and got rocked

For Power of One we had James literally mention the same Lugia in the Johto arc involving Ritchie, Ash and another lugia and it's baby

For the Celebi movie, we saw Ash knowing what Suicune is in the anime when he never saw it before except as a silhouette and knowing it by name

For Destiny Deoxys, Drew's hometown in the main anime is the same as the location the movie was based on

For Jirachi wish maker, in the movie itself Misty is mentioned although that could be a dub addition

For the DP movie trilogy, Dawn has the Lunar wing from the movies she brought with her

For Genesect legend awakened, we see N in the main series seeing the Genesect designs and seeing the Genesect army from the movies fleeing a TP base

Does anyone have a link to a textless version (version with no Japanese text on the bottom) for 1-2-3 v4?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Does anyone have a link to a textless version (version with no Japanese text on the bottom) for 1-2-3 v4?
No such thing exists as of yet, afaik. They are releasing a theme song collection soon that will include a DVD or BD (depending on which version you buy) with creditless versions of all the PM19 themes though.
So... either buy this CD or look around online starting late October, I guess.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Where does the new Arceus Chronicles special episode fit in the series canon wise? I'm currently on ep11 of Masters Journeys and I see that the special has Goh in it so even tho the story is a pre quel it still takes place inbetween certain episodes I presume?

I've wondered why Galar Region doesn't have a Anime-Exclusive Locations unlike the past regions?

and I tried ASKING THAT question in Discord but to no avail and Now I will find out the answer.

Is Galar Region the first Region to have ZERO Anime-Exclusive Locations?

Last edited:

Infernium

So maybe it's widely known and I just don't pay enough attention but what is the OST used in the "Pokemon World Championships Masters Tournament News" that Team Rocket does for the Masters Eight episode previews?

michael147

With best wishes
Is there any known info on what exactly Satoshi was doing in the water at the end of JN 075 so that his Pikachu looked bemused?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
nvm thread too old.