• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Haunter ゴースト

Since Rival Destinies is starting soon and we'll be getting a new opening, im curious to know how the tcpi gets a new opening before the Japanese raw version?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
... easily? The dub almost-always uses re-purposed clips from the Japanese anime. I only remember a Johto Opening using original footage made for the dub. The raw uses mostly new clips for their openings and endings.

There's really no right answer, but that seems the most logical.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
How do the writers choose which Pokemon the main characters get?

They probably base it on whoever they find the most marketable, or want to promote on the main cast.

Other than the starters, they usually pick and choose a good few strong and cute pokemon for the main characters.

Nyter

Island Challenger
So Now that the Teasm Rocket Voice Actor's aren't being used a lot, what happens to their pay? is it lowered? or do they have a set salary?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't even watch the anime but I got a question.

I've some people refer to parts of the anime a filler. Nomally this means anything not included in the manga. But I'm sure the anime doesn't follow the manga at all so isn't the whole anime filler?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
On context of the anime a " Filler Episode " is any episode that nothing of consequence happens.

Basically you can choose not to watch this episode and not miss any of the story. Which episodes qualify as Filler varies from person to person. The general assumption is that any episode that Ash or friend do not participate in a tournament, does not win a Badge/Ribbon/Symbol/Trinket, catch a Pokemon, or evolve a Pokemon, or expand on a plot point is Filler. The writers occasionally sneak an evolution or new move into an episode that'd otherwise be Filler to make them more interesting. This has become a lot more common in recent regions.

randomspot555

I think it's also important to point out that some people think that "filler" is synonymous with "bad", but that can't be further from the truth. There are tons of bad episodes that are entirely relevant to the current plot of the anime (or whatever time period we're talking about), and there's great episodes that are entirely irrelevant to the plot of the anime from whatever time period.

Haunter ゴースト

I think it should also be noted that a lot of people class filler as different things, but overall it is most agreed as an episode that if you missed, wouldn't affect you storyline wise since nothing important or of development happened.

hitman1

(Sorry, i double posts )

Does anyone know Where I can Download Pokemon RAW or softsub?
I need a place with every pokemon episode with English softsub or RAW
Can anyone help me
Thank so much

Haunter ゴースト

When Misty is about to depart, and her music montage plays, at 1:43 there is a scene with Ash crying on the ground in the rain, with the gang watching him, what episode was this and what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering....

Hey, everyone. I have a question about something. How does one get to battle the Champion in the anime. In the anime, they say to get to the Champion League, you must win the Pokemon League at your own region so that suggests that Ash ever wants to become a Pokemon master, he has to beat the Indigo League. So does that mean the order of events Ash has to go through to become Champion are 1)Win Indigo League 2)Win Champion League 3)Beat Elite 4 and then finally 4)Beat Champion to become champion? Is this correct?

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
When Misty is about to depart, and her music montage plays, at 1:43 there is a scene with Ash crying on the ground in the rain, with the gang watching him, what episode was this and what happened?
That's from the last OS opening, "Ready Go!". In the lyrics, there's a part which says, "There might have been tears, but...". That's when the scene is shown.
Hey, everyone. I have a question about something. How does one get to battle the Champion in the anime. In the anime, they say to get to the Champion League, you must win the Pokemon League at your own region so that suggests that Ash ever wants to become a Pokemon master, he has to beat the Indigo League. So does that mean the order of events Ash has to go through to become Champion are 1)Win Indigo League 2)Win Champion League 3)Beat Elite 4 and then finally 4)Beat Champion to become champion? Is this correct?
That depends on which Champion League he wants to challenge and which Champion he wants to beat. If he wants to defeat Lance and take his place, he'll have to win the Indigo League and the regional Champion League (iirc, partaking in the CL and challenging the Elite Four are the same thing). To be the Champion of Hoenn, for example, he'll have to win the corresponding Leagues in Hoenn though, not the Indigo League.

I don't know if Ash would immediately replace the Champion the first time he defeats them though. So far, the only ones we've seen fighting the Champion Master for their title - and not just a casual battle like Paul VS Cynthia - were established Elite Four members (Lucian, Flint, Aaron). Maybe you get the right to become an Elite Four member yourself once you defeat all of them in the Champion League, and then, whenever you feel ready, you challenge the Champion Master. I might be forgetting something, but I think the anime hasn't cleared that up yet.

Haunter ゴースト

That's from the last OS opening, "Ready Go!". In the lyrics, there's a part which says, "There might have been tears, but...". That's when the scene is shown.

Really? Damn it looked like it'd be a really interesting episode!

Cheers anyway Sushi appreciate it, in all fairness I was sure i'd have seen it if it was an episode but considering I watched dub all my childhood...

That depends on which Champion League he wants to challenge and which Champion he wants to beat. If he wants to defeat Lance and take his place, he'll have to win the Indigo League and the regional Champion League (iirc, partaking in the CL and challenging the Elite Four are the same thing). To be the Champion of Hoenn, for example, he'll have to win the corresponding Leagues in Hoenn though, not the Indigo League.

I don't know if Ash would immediately replace the Champion the first time he defeats them though. So far, the only ones we've seen fighting the Champion Master for their title - and not just a casual battle like Paul VS Cynthia - were established Elite Four members (Lucian, Flint, Aaron). Maybe you get the right to become an Elite Four member yourself once you defeat all of them in the Champion League, and then, whenever you feel ready, you challenge the Champion Master. I might be forgetting something, but I think the anime hasn't cleared that up yet.

That's very interesting. Yeah, I still think the anime hasn't explained much of how it works yet. We'll have to see if they explain it any further as the series progresses. Thanks a lot for your help! :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Now I have a question, in yesterday's dub episode, Ash battled Adler. Of course the battle was stopped due to him sleeping, but hypothetically if Ash had won, would that make him Champion??