• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Haunter ゴースト

Just like every other TV show in existence, Pokemon is "doing worse" now than x number of years ago because people watch less live television today than they did x number of years ago.

We placed a ban on the subject because it always started dumb arguments from people that just looked at numbers in a vacuum and used them to drone on about about how this or that arc, this or that character, this or that writing direction and whatnot is clearly "more popular" and needs to get brought back to avoid the show getting canceled.

I understand however starting a flame war was not my intention. I am genuinely interested in the ratings. While I did say im interested in seeing how XY is doing I'm more so interested in the ratings for the show in general. Could you PM me? I have no interest in sharing the information afterwards, it's merely for my own sake.

ZPM

Will the anime seasons for D&P / B&W be available on iTunes any time soon, or have those been removed?

Dijeirusan

Is there a (fairly) definitive list of "must see" episodes and movies from Seasons 1 to 18, like you get with Star Trek and Power Rangers?

Theorist

Why must ash compete in a champions league if he wins a league? I saw a YouTube video claiming this but didn't explain why and I haven't actually seen it said in the animals or if it was remember. I thought it would be that you couldn't challenge that league again and only could compete in that regions champions league. Please reply with the episode or season it is said if possible. l ☺️

theclaw

Mr. Jolteon
This might be a bit of an unusual question, but what individual Pokemon depicted on-screen in a previous season (or movies and specials) are shown in the present in an XY or XYZ episode? Obvious to say Ash's Pikachu, and Team Rocket's Meowth and Wobbuffet.

From what I've seen of XY up to Beyond the Rainbow, it feels like the flimsiest effort was made to not have fans consider it a reboot. To astounding success in that sense from the looks of it, though I don't follow the community.

Janovy

Banned
This might be a bit of an unusual question, but what individual Pokemon depicted on-screen in a previous season (or movies and specials) are shown in the present in an XY or XYZ episode? Obvious to say Ash's Pikachu, and Team Rocket's Meowth and Wobbuffet.

From what I've seen of XY up to Beyond the Rainbow, it feels like the flimsiest effort was made to not have fans consider it a reboot. To astounding success in that sense from the looks of it, though I don't follow the community.
XY has been very self-contained with minimal references to past series. We had a brief reference to Dawn's Piplup in one of the early XY episodes, and that's pretty much it.

Haunter ゴースト

As Janovy said, it's very self contained however the references we've had have been:

XY001 - Ash arrives to Kalos with Alexa. Direct sequel to BW.
XY001 - Ash talks to Professor Oak and Rotom over the phone.
XY022 - Ash references Dawn's Piplup after seeing one.
XY022 - Misty Lure is briefly seen when Ash reels his rod in to teach Serena how to fish.
XYZ034 - Ash mentions he chose Goodra to fight over all his other Pokemon at Oaks lab.

I believe that is every reference so far, the final episode or two will also contain some no doubt.

Last edited:
Have any XY/XYZ episodes kept 50% or more of the original music?

Have any XY/XYZ episodes kept 50% or more of the original music?

Nope, the highest was 20% in two episodes. The lowest was 3% (just the title card theme) in 3 episodes, IIRC (one of which was the finale of Serena's showcase).

Having said that, XY/XYZ is probably the worst the Pokemon English dub has ever been in general (IMO).

Stone Dragon

Hope I will get an answer here.

I'm looking for soundtracks. One of them is from the OS. It can be heard in some battles and it kinda sounds like the battle theme from XD/Colosseum. In episode 177, the kid with the Yanma; he attacked Arbok and that music started. Couldn't find it, even on OST Playlists on youtube.

XY Episode 2, while Ash is climbing the tower, Citro also starts charging at the entrance. You can hear the theme for a pretty long time.
XYZ Episode 43: When Pikachu, M-Charizard and Greninja attack the 'heart' of the stone Zygarde. The theme plays while they rescue Harimaron.

I also wanted to know if the first seasons had more of the original soundtrack in the dub than later seasons? Because Pokémon was new and hyped. Maybe they cared more.

Hey, guys. The Pokémon episodes were originally TV-Y, and then they have later been rated TV-Y7-FV. So, did you know the reason nose of these Pokémon episodes have ever been rated TV-PG-V, just like that any Cartoon Network TV programs have been?

Vernikova

Champion
Hey, guys. The Pokémon episodes were originally TV-Y, and then they have later been rated TV-Y7-FV. So, did you know the reason nose of these Pokémon episodes have ever been rated TV-PG-V, just like that any Cartoon Network TV programs have been?

Ratings are based on what the network wants to give them (for the most part). Many shows given certain ratings will be based on how the network wants the show to be perceived (giving a show a PG rating when it doesn't differ much from a Y7-FV show just so it can appeal to more kids).

Stone Dragon

Hope I will get an answer here.

I'm looking for soundtracks. One of them is from the OS. It can be heard in some battles and it kinda sounds like the battle theme from XD/Colosseum. In episode 177, the kid with the Yanma; he attacked Arbok and that music started. Couldn't find it, even on OST Playlists on youtube.

XY Episode 2, while Ash is climbing the tower, Citro also starts charging at the entrance. You can hear the theme for a pretty long time.
XYZ Episode 43: When Pikachu, M-Charizard and Greninja attack the 'heart' of the stone Zygarde. The theme plays while they rescue Harimaron.

I also wanted to know if the first seasons had more of the original soundtrack in the dub than later seasons? Because Pokémon was new and hyped. Maybe they cared more.

Still hoping for an answer
+ in the japanese intro 5 Ash is crying, it's raining and Misty and Brock also look sad. Why? Is this a reference for the parting of the group?
In opening 6 Ash is sad while sitting on a playground when Pikachu jumps in his arm, May wipes away a tear. Why is he sad there?

I haven't watched the seasons in a long time, so I don't know the references

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
+ in the japanese intro 5 Ash is crying, it's raining and Misty and Brock also look sad. Why? Is this a reference for the parting of the group?
In opening 6 Ash is sad while sitting on a playground when Pikachu jumps in his arm, May wipes away a tear. Why is he sad there?

I haven't watched the seasons in a long time, so I don't know the references

Both scenes just match the song at the particular point they're used.

Stone Dragon

Does the soundtrack a meeting and parting play more in the japanese version than in the dub? I heard it only a few times in the Johto saga and in season 6, but I'm curious if this soundtrack was changed sometimes instead of keeping it every time it really played.
I also heard it in season 9 once.

Same with tears after the cloudy weather. It played once in Johto and it also plays at the end of Sinnoh, but was it really only used twice after Kanto in the original or was it just changed?

Last edited:

MQuack

First time poster...Just wondering if there's a be all, end all thread on the DVD releases for the show and the best ones to purchase to have the most complete collection. I understand some episodes were banned or didn't air, but I just wanted to see if some of them made their way to DVD releases possibly outside the US, maybe R2 or R4? Thanks for any help! :)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just wondering, when is the main site going to update Ash's bio to add a picture of his new look?

Serebii is extremely busy right now with the release of Sun and Moon (the games that is) and has to prioritize. I'm sure it will be updated soon, but right now all of Serebii's focus is on the games.