1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sushi, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

It's never truly been stated, but considering Kanto and Johto are joined together, it's assumed Lance is the Champion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question.

I vagely remember being told/watched that Team Rocket were falsely reported for being the ones to take down Team Magma/Aqua and Galactic, hence the reason Giovanni picked them to go to Unova to find Team Plasma.

What episodes was it stated in both AG and DP that they defeated them themselves (even though they didn't)?

What episodes was it stated that Team Rco

2. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

The TR trio reported to GIovanni (I think, specificlally, Jessie did) that they took down Galactic all by themselves, and that's probably why Giovanni gave them the super important Unova assignment. Whatever the last episode of DP is. (193?)

Not sure about AG and Aqua/Magma.

3. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

They report to Sakaki about the dissolvements of those groups in the very first Battle Frontier episode. He doesn't give the impression of wholly believing it was their doing, though.

4. JeanPaul

JeanPaul New Member

Hi all. I'm Jean-Paul...avid Pokéfan and Serebii forum reader, first time poster. I'm breaking my long-time lurking to ask a question posed by my girlfriend, who's not into anime...she tolerates my otaku ways (and I love her for it), but she does tend to mock sometimes...

Anyway, I was rewatching some older episodes, and while Freeze Frame was on, she took a look at Misty's outfit and asked, "Doesn't she ever get cold? Her and the blue-haired one [Dawn, I'm assuming] are always walking around wearing next to nothing. I'd be freezing my [expletive] off."

She was being rhetorical, but I thought it was a fair question, especially since I can't remember a time when either of them did seem to care about the cold while the much-more-sensibly-dressed Ash and Brock regularly get frozen for a gag. The odd episode has them at least put on jackets, but even that's not consistent. So...DID either of them ever get cold? If so, when? I'd love to be able to pull out the episodes just to prove a point ;)

Merci,
    Jean-Paul

5. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Snow Way Out for Misty. Or whatever episode it was that Ash got separated and nearly froze to death around that time.

Since Dawn changed into Winter Clothes for the Snowpoint arch we can assume she was cold. You just don't alter your wardrobe for cold weather for giggles.

Anyway, I chalk the main cast's ability to wear next to nothing in even freezing weather to Pokemon World humans being much more durable then real humans. These people can take Fire to the face, electrical shocks, punches from Pokemon who can tear steel, and all other types of injuries that would be fatal to a typical human, Living alongside creatures like Pokemon has got to cause some sort of evolutionary resistance to their attacks. Resistance to heat and cold comes with the package.

6. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Two quick questions:

1 - Do the dubbers actually have to change the original raw music for any particular reason? The japanese music has always been the best imo, but why the dubbers switch bgm over and ruin it is beyond me.

2 - Why do/do you think, the dubbers switch the bgm over?

7. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

1) They don't have to do anything. If they want to, they can pay the money to get the music and put it on television. The only reason they would be restricted from playing a certain piece would be because they don't have the rights to it.

2) They switch the BGM because it's cheaper to create your own than buying the rights from a foreign nation like Japan. Sometimes, they think that their music may fit better in a scene or they don't want to include pieces with lyrics. Maybe they don't have the rights to buy that particular piece. They do things for a variety of reasons.

8. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

Because the dub bgm rocks!!!

9. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

Licensing music is REALLY expensive and is quickly becoming where the real money is being made in the music industry, whereas before 2003 or so, it was touring and merchandise sales.

The guy who did the interview with PokeBeach said that there are special laws protecting Japanese music that may make it harder (ie more expensive) to be licensed elsewhere to protect it from being abused in marketing, like appearing in drug ads or whatever.

Personal theory: The dub by TPCi is operated on a budget and they have a fixed amount they can spend on music. I imagine, when they can, they just license it, but in scenes with more extended musical pieces, I bet it is just cheaper to use an old dub piece or produce a new one.

I have several friends in the music industry, both working the desks and business end AND on the music end. No-name bands often get calls from companies that air commercials, looking for a certain "style" of music to use in commercials. Led Zeppelin is very expensive to license, so instead of using Stairway to Heaven or Whole Lotta' Love, they'll go find any number of no-name heavy metal bands that make decent music, cut them a big check, and then put that in their car commercial or Doritos commercial or whatever.

10. Xirix

Xirix Member

Any ideas if the missing Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes will air this year?

11. Dephender

Can't imagine they won't, but no official announcement of their air dates has been made beyond "some time in the future".

12. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

I have a question. Where can you find out how much viewers Pokemon gets each week on Cartoon Network? Thanks!

13. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

http://www.cynopsis.com/index.php/editions/kids/041312/

It's updated weekly. Just search "Pokémon" in the search bar. The link leads to the latest ratings available for the Saturday morning crap.

14. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

Thanks so much, Rebecca R. And great pic of May and Dawn :D

15. Ash Ketchum!

Ash Ketchum! Pokemon Trainer

But in the anime, the regions have there own separate leagues....

16. CliveKoopa

CliveKoopa Well-Known Member

Dixie something was the Johto champion, don't know about Kanto.

17. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Jon Dickson is the Johto Champion.

Lance was never said to be the Champion of either region. He is an operative for the Pokemon League.

18. CliveKoopa

Yeah that was it, I remember it was Dicks or Dix something but couldn't remember the full name. Lance was stated to be an Elite Four member although it was never said if he was the Elite Four of Kanto or Johto. He is also a member of the Pokemon G-Men, a crime-stopping organisation in league with Officer Jenny.

19. Dephender

The winner of the league and the actual Champion aren't the same person, guys.

20. CliveKoopa

That's true, I never really thought of Cynthia as the reigning Sinnoh League victor so I'm not really sure what it means by Champion.