• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

bioinika

Wow thanks! That is so awesome! Now hopefully people can stop complaining about how Ash's birds aren't treated properly. One of them is tied with PIKACHU for the most gym battles in one region!!

Now I'll just keep trying to find the name of that song....
No problem, hopefully I didn't miscount. And thank you for your efforts as well

World Turtle

Who was it that said Ash was originally supposed to get a Clefairy instead of Pikachu? Also, I saw it stated on the TvTropes What Could Of Been page that he also could of got a Jigglypuff as well. Anyone able to confirm that one?

Ash's original partner in the anime was supposed to be a Clefairy instead of a Pikachu. Think about it: if successful as a franchise icon as Pikachu has been, Super Smash Bros. players could have been able to play as a Clefairy that could Metronome other fighters' Final Smashes for its own Final Smash... Another choice for Ash's original partner was also a Jigglypuff, but one who couldn't sing.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Who was it that said Ash was originally supposed to get a Clefairy instead of Pikachu? Also, I saw it stated on the TvTropes What Could Of Been page that he also could of got a Jigglypuff as well. Anyone able to confirm that one?

All that's been officially stated is that they chose not to give him one of the three starters from the game because they didn't want to disappoint the kids that had chosen one of the other two (remember the games had been out for quite a while at the point the anime started, so most viewers already owned the game), and that they went with Pikachu because it can be shown as both strong AND cute.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What's the easiest way to watch the new SM episodes, if one does not a channel to watch it on?

We're not allowed to answer that. Disney XD might start uploading episodes at some point in the future.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
What's the easiest way to watch the new SM episodes, if one does not a channel to watch it on?

The Pokémon TV app currently has SM001 and 2. Once the saga starts airing on Disney XD, they will do what they do with other sagas: each week, 5 episodes will be available on the app and it will rotate each week to a different 5 episodes

johnwalter1044

Pokemon Anime Master
Thanks.
Just tried the app.
Wait, if there are two episodes already up, why didn't they start with the rotation and 5 episodes instead of two?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Thanks.
Just tried the app.
Wait, if there are two episodes already up, why didn't they start with the rotation and 5 episodes instead of two?

Because the anime isn't supposed to start until May 13th and 1&2 are the premiere, so they're a special case.

johnwalter1044

Pokemon Anime Master
Is there a real world correlation to why almost "every" character in the Anime has a single parent?
Ash being a prime example. Who is and where is his father?
Have the creators ever shed light upon this?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Is there a real world correlation to why almost "every" character in the Anime has a single parent?

I don't know about real-world, but it probably comes from the fact that in every single non-Hoenn game, you only ever see the playable character's mom and no father. Now why that is the case, no one knows.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
I was wondering what is the name of a song that plays in the background from the XY/XYZ anime. It plays in the first 10 seconds or so of "The first day of the rest of your life"(XYZ episode 45) but I know many versions of it has played throughout the Kalos saga. I've looked high and low to no avail

I know it showed up in the dub. I also know another version of it plays when Ash is entering his home back in Pallet Town during the last episode of XYZ (also the english version, I don't know about the japanese)

That would be Ash's Theme. It's appeared in multiple forms. The version playing in the first 10 seconds of "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life" is the last few notes of the normal version. The version playing in the last XYZ episode's last scene is a special mix of it made just for the ending.

Last edited by a moderator:

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan

Nice to meet a Croatian! I have always wanted to visit there.

Regarding your question, it is a common trait in media to have a single parent. It cuts down on animation and characters. Also, it is instant sympathy from the viewers.

johnwalter1044

Pokemon Anime Master
You're welcome! Pro-tip, never ever visit during summer. Too many tourists.
I suggest in beginning of July and at the end of September. That's when most people go home.

I guess it is.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
You're welcome! Pro-tip, never ever visit during summer. Too many tourists.
I suggest in beginning of July and at the end of September. That's when most people go home.

I guess it is.

Thanks for the tip.

Plus, the games thrive on the lone parent syndrome.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Why did Pokémon's timeslot move from 7 to 6:55 after the Master Class?? Someone who's familiar with how Japanese TV works?

Seems pretty odd to me to have a random timeslot like that (could be because I grew up and live in America)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Why did Pokémon's timeslot move from 7 to 6:55 after the Master Class?? Someone who's familiar with how Japanese TV works?

Seems pretty odd to me to have a random timeslot like that (could be because I grew up and live in America)

TV Tokyo was changing their schedule around somewhat. A whole ton of shows every single day ended up with timeslots like that, it wasn't something specific to Pokemon. Looking at a TV guide, it seems the show that caused this to happen was the food show "Hirumeshi tabi", which airs every weekday from 11:40am to 1:35pm.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow okay. Thanks!

04n70n10

Question: Pikachu is the mascot of the whole Pokémon franchise thanks exclusively to the anime (and like already said it was chosen here because is both strong, cute and has overall a good design) or his role as mascot emerged even before that?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Question: Pikachu is the mascot of the whole Pokémon franchise thanks exclusively to the anime (and like already said it was chosen here because is both strong, cute and has overall a good design) or his role as mascot emerged even before that?

I think exclusively due to the anime because Ash was originally supposed to get Clefairy, and if that had happened Clefairy would be the mascot instead, and just the fact that it could have been a different Pokémon in the anime proves that Pikachu's mascot status didn't exist before the anime.