• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Why is it that certain episodes don't get an English Dub like the episodes when Brock and Clemont both met Cilan? And those 2 DP episodes.

The two types of episodes that typically don't get dubs are
1)episodes without Ash
2) clip shows

The episodes you mentioned fall into those 2 categories. I was actually surprised "The Legend of X, Y, & Z!" got a dub

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The two types of episodes that typically don't get dubs are
1)episodes without Ash
2) clip shows

The episodes you mentioned fall into those 2 categories. I was actually surprised "The Legend of X, Y, & Z!" got a dub

Yeah, that was...weird. I suppose it was because Yveltal didn't get even a token appearance in the main anime.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yeah, that was...weird. I suppose it was because Yveltal didn't get even a token appearance in the main anime.

It's even weirder too, because on pokemon.com it is listed as XYZ episode 48, not even as some special episode or anything

Futuresight

I got a question about a song used in the dub during a few Sinnoh-episodes.
Moments when used are:
"Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!" - near the end when Flint talks about challenging Cynthia
"Battling a thaw in relations" - After the match when Ash speaks to Paul for the last time (this is where jap.verson uses "Chiisaki Mono ~Lullaby~").
"Memories are Made of Bliss" - when Ash, Dawn and Brock say their goodbyes at the harbor.
Any ideas?

I've listened through pretty much every movie-soundtrack etc. This is a hard one to find. Might be unreleased or something.

gentwoer

Is there a good rule of thumb of knowing when the music in season 1 of the dub is from the Japanese version and when its 4kids music? I know anything that sounds like a remix of a piece from the Red/Blue games was in the Japanese version but I know the Japanese version did more than just remix the gen 1 bgm like Tears in a Cloudy weather

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Say, do you think that Jessie's Mimikyu will suffer its breakdown?
I think this thread is for fact-based questions, not opinion-based questions. Maybe you want to start a new thread for your question?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ok so a few years back CN aired a non stop Pokemon block airing a ton of eps till the debut of DP what was it called. I can't find it anywhere and that bugs me.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ok so a few years back CN aired a non stop Pokemon block airing a ton of eps till the debut of DP what was it called. I can't find it anywhere and that bugs me.

I do remember that marathon, but I honestly don't remember it being called anything. That being said, I was only 11 when that happened, so I'm probably not the best to ask. Sorry. Thanks for the trip down memory lane though. That marathon was amazing, and the first time that I saw many of the pre-Sinnoh episodes.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Do you think that viewers are immediately upset as Jessie's Mimikyu manages to destroy Ash's Pikachu?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you asking if people would be upset if Mimkyu defeated Pikachu? I would think it would be the opposite, as people tend to enjoy it when Team Rocket beats Ash.

MiloticTwins

I meant that I have thought that viewers will be upset if Jessie's Mimikyu has destroyed Ash's Pikachu, leading to its other victims turning against it into trouble, do you think?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@MiloticTwins i'm sorry but this really doesn't belong in this thread which is for factual questions.

Vernikova

Champion

I do remember that marathon, but I honestly don't remember it being called anything. That being said, I was only 11 when that happened, so I'm probably not the best to ask. Sorry. Thanks for the trip down memory lane though. That marathon was amazing, and the first time that I saw many of the pre-Sinnoh episodes.

@MidnightMelody @Bguy7 here's a BMGf thread from 2007 with the full listing of episodes from the marathon you describe. However, it doesn't appear to have a name. (like the marathon wasn't called anything, as per this thread)

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...-pokemon-marathon-on-june-2nd-june-3rd.19463/

It was the Pokemon Master Marathon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why aren't the original OS-DP soundtracks from the main anime series used anymore? (not counting the ones that are remade in the movies)