1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sushi, Jan 11, 2012.

1. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

The two types of episodes that typically don't get dubs are
    1)episodes without Ash
    2) clip shows

The episodes you mentioned fall into those 2 categories. I was actually surprised "The Legend of X, Y, & Z!" got a dub

2. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

Yeah, that was...weird. I suppose it was because Yveltal didn't get even a token appearance in the main anime.

3. LilligantLewis

It's even weirder too, because on pokemon.com it is listed as XYZ episode 48, not even as some special episode or anything

4. Futuresight

Futuresight New Member

I got a question about a song used in the dub during a few Sinnoh-episodes.
    Moments when used are:
    "Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!" - near the end when Flint talks about challenging Cynthia
    "Battling a thaw in relations" - After the match when Ash speaks to Paul for the last time (this is where jap.verson uses "Chiisaki Mono ~Lullaby~").
    "Memories are Made of Bliss" - when Ash, Dawn and Brock say their goodbyes at the harbor.
    Any ideas?

I've listened through pretty much every movie-soundtrack etc. This is a hard one to find. Might be unreleased or something.

5. gentwoer

gentwoer Well-Known Member

Is there a good rule of thumb of knowing when the music in season 1 of the dub is from the Japanese version and when its 4kids music? I know anything that sounds like a remix of a piece from the Red/Blue games was in the Japanese version but I know the Japanese version did more than just remix the gen 1 bgm like Tears in a Cloudy weather

6. martianmister

martianmister Active Member

How's my signature?

7. LilligantLewis

It's great lol it kinda goes well at the bottom of any post no matter the tone of what you say

martianmister likes this.
  8. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

According to various sources, Netflix has them.

9. LilligantLewis

What is this in response to?

10. LilligantLewis

I think this thread is for fact-based questions, not opinion-based questions. Maybe you want to start a new thread for your question?

11. JigglyKirby

JigglyKirby Active Member

12. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Ok so a few years back CN aired a non stop Pokemon block airing a ton of eps till the debut of DP what was it called. I can't find it anywhere and that bugs me.

13. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I do remember that marathon, but I honestly don't remember it being called anything. That being said, I was only 11 when that happened, so I'm probably not the best to ask. Sorry. Thanks for the trip down memory lane though. That marathon was amazing, and the first time that I saw many of the pre-Sinnoh episodes.

MidnightMelody likes this.
  14. LilligantLewis

MidnightMelody likes this.
  15. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you asking if people would be upset if Mimkyu defeated Pikachu? I would think it would be the opposite, as people tend to enjoy it when Team Rocket beats Ash.

16. MiloticTwins

MiloticTwins Well-Known Member

I meant that I have thought that viewers will be upset if Jessie's Mimikyu has destroyed Ash's Pikachu, leading to its other victims turning against it into trouble, do you think?

17. LilligantLewis

@MiloticTwins i'm sorry but this really doesn't belong in this thread which is for factual questions.

18. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

It was the Pokemon Master Marathon.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  19. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Good times I miss these days

20. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Red-headed Lily

Why aren't the original OS-DP soundtracks from the main anime series used anymore? (not counting the ones that are remade in the movies)