1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sushi, Jan 11, 2012.

1. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

2. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

The first screenshot is actually from the third movie, Secret of the Unown, and IIRC, is from the scene when Professor Oak and Delia arrive at Greenfield to figure out what is going on with the Unown, and meet up with Ash, Misty, and Brock.

The second screenshot is from XY02, from the scene where Garchomp is climbing Prism Tower and the media helicopter is pulling a stupid risk by getting way too close to a possessed Pokémon that can fire laser beams out of its mouth. The reporter and cameraman appear to be the same ones from the third movie. I guess they both decided to move from Greenfield to Lumiose City at some point. :p

3. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Holy crap, so XY did have some old school continuity.

4. LilligantLewis

This is so incredible and cool that they decided to randomly reuse the same two people in the new art style even though they had gone through several art style changes over the years by that point.

5. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

This is a thread for factual questions, not speculation.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  6. LilligantLewis

Is Anabel the Salon Maiden or the Tower Tycoon? First, I thought she has to be the Tower Tycoon because her Battle Facility is called the Battle Tower not the Battle Salon, and usually the name of the Battle Facility carries over to the name of the Frontier Brain like Battle Pike - Pike Queen, Battle Pyramid - Pyramid King, Battle Dome - Dome Ace, etc.

However, when I go to the Bulbapedia page for AG169, it calls her Salon Maiden, but then further confusing me is the fact that when I went to that page, I see the Japanese title of the episode calls her Tower Tycoon? So which is it? Did the anime change something from the game? And if it is Salon maiden why would that be the case when she's not called Battle Salon?

7. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Miracle Yang

It's the same thing. The Salon Maiden is how the Tower Tycoon class was called in Emerald's English localization.

8. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

Has the track that played near the end of Sun & Moon episode 29 (Japanese version), when the Nemush evolve and cause the tree to bloom been released anywhere? Just listening to how it was arranged I feel like it might be from one of the movies?

9. Ryu Taylor

Ryu Taylor Unwavering beliefs

Is the anime thread a good place to discuss the Detective Pikachu movie?

10. LilligantLewis

11. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

heh, never noticed it (also, adding to that, apparently there are 2 background characters from m8 that have been recurring across many movies and appeared in sm90 among the the crowd listening to hala: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mother_and_daughter) anyone else have any other examples?