• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
DP040: Top-Down Training!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know why you think Ash had never given any of his Pokémon their nicknames?

Out-of-universe, the answer is brand building. The Pokémon Company wants you to know the character as Pikachu, not as Sparky, because Pikachu is the "brand name." They want you to see the Pokémon elsewhere and say, "Hey, that's a Pikachu!" not "Hey, that's Sparky!" That kind of recognition helps to increase the value of the brand. Therefore, main characters practically never (with Snowy being the first real exception) nickname their Pokémon to help with brand recognition.

In-universe, calling your Pokémon by the species name is clearly normal in the world of Pokémon, and nicknaming is the exception. It's not that Ash actively doesn't want to nickname his Pokémon, it's more that he just doesn't see a reason to, as it's completely natural for him to call them by their species name.

Tophe clyne

What's the pokemon movie with Serena Bonnie and celmont about a pokemon who is taking donuts from them through rings and ash goes into the ring and ends up at a different place?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What's the pokemon movie with Serena Bonnie and celmont about a pokemon who is taking donuts from them through rings and ash goes into the ring and ends up at a different place?
Hoopa and the Clash of Ages.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What's the pokemon dimmond and Perl episode where ash beats paul in a pokemon battle?
When Pokèmon Worlds Collide (it’d be nice if you used Bulbapedia for summaries/major events instead of asking for an episode so often)

TheWanderingMist

What's the pokemon dimmond and Perl episode where ash beats paul in a pokemon battle?

Battling a Thaw in Relations! DP188.

When Pokèmon Worlds Collide (it’d be nice if you used Bulbapedia for summaries/major events instead of asking for an episode so often)

That one is a tie. He only "defeats" Paul at the League.

TheWanderingMist

What do you think is the best movie in the pokemon XY movie trilogy?

Wrong thread for this. Go to Anime Polls and make a thread about it there. That said, it's the Volcanion one.

Tophe clyne

What's the pokemon XY episode where team rocket is trying to get a memory card from the professor and Bonnie and Serena sneak in the back of team rockets truck and Bonnie and Serena say their motto and james says copyright infringement?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
What's the pokemon XY episode where team rocket is trying to get a memory card from the professor and Bonnie and Serena sneak in the back of team rockets truck and Bonnie and Serena say their motto and james says copyright infringement?
XY10: Mega-Mega Meowth Madness!!

Tophe clyne

What's the pokemon episode where ash sees a blimp and Jessie and james pretend to be the blimp crew and ash says what about the ghosts and james says what ghosts sir?

TheWanderingMist

What's the pokemon episode where ash sees a blimp and Jessie and james pretend to be the blimp crew and ash says what about the ghosts and james says what ghosts sir?
I think it's "A Scare in the Air"? OS...82?

TheWanderingMist

What's the first Japanese episode of pokemon XY to use dori dori as the end credits?
I think it might be XY047, but I'm not sure because Bulbapedia isn't working for me.

Also, the song is called "DreamDream".

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I think it's "A Scare in the Air"? OS...82?
heh, you mentioning os82 reminds me of one time I watched it on youtube in spanish, but apparently there was some editing issue because it switched language when brock proposed going on blimp, it said something along the lines of "si vamos en dirigible if we go on a blimp we could get to the orange islands in less than un día"