• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Did they pull an electrified golden Pidgeot attack that makes no sense again in Ash's battle VS Hapu? its been a while since they pulled a stunt like this with ineffective attacks somehow getting thru plot hole logic. i loosely follow the anime from thime to time for the past few months when the ENG dub comes out and often skip thru boring sections/episodes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Did they pull an electrified golden Pidgeot attack that makes no sense again in Ash's battle VS Hapu? its been a while since they pulled a stunt like this with ineffective attacks somehow getting thru plot hole logic. i loosely follow the anime from thime to time for the past few months when the ENG dub comes out and often skip thru boring sections/episodes.
No, they pulled the old-school Soak from back in Pewter Gym. Also, the Pokemon you're thinking of is Swellow, not Pidgeot.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No, they pulled the old-school Soak from back in Pewter Gym. Also, the Pokemon you're thinking of is Swellow, not Pidgeot.

thank you for confirming that, golden swellow is still BS anime logic much like the soak onix. lol, your sig pic is what i thought when i saw pikachu take out hapu.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
thank you for confirming that, golden swellow is still BS anime logic much like the soak onix. lol, your sig pic is what i thought when i saw pikachu take out hapu.
At least with Hapu there was established game logic they were pulling on. They just played it very, very liberally.
"The user shoots a torrent of water at the target and changes the target's type to Water."
^The description for Soak in the game. While Pikachu may not have literally used the move, he certainly invoked its effects.

...Though that was still a pretty bad battle overall.

TheWanderingMist

At least with Hapu there was established game logic they were pulling on. They just played it very, very liberally.

^The description for Soak in the game. While Pikachu may not have literally used the move, he certainly invoked its effects.

That move clearly was created to retroactively justify the Onix battle. Still haven't done that with Thunder Armor.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

It looked like a good battle if you discarded logic then realized that they threw a heavy wool blanket over your head. It would have made more sense if they used electricity to splash water on the opponent a few times then go iron tail. Electroball splash and iron tail is how it should have been. Though the electric attack might need to be directed to destroy a pillar to make a splash. Lol the winning move could have been splash.

TheWanderingMist

It looked like a good battle if you discarded logic then realized that they threw a heavy wool blanket over your head. It would have made more sense if they used electricity to splash water on the opponent a few times then go iron tail. Electroball splash and iron tail is how it should have been. Though the electric attack might need to be directed to destroy a pillar to make a splash. Lol the winning move could have been splash.
Splash is called Hop in Japanese, so they wouldn't have made that pun.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Splash is called Hop in Japanese, so they wouldn't have made that pun.

so be it , though thats how i see it winning. still splashing water onto those weak to it could serve to weaken them and get finished off by neutral move.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Please mind that this is a Q&A thread meant for asking questions that have clear, indisputable answers. Once the question has been answered, please move on. Unlike 90% of the rest of the forum, this topic is specifically meant to be free of discussion. Thank you!

Sonnas

So is it ever explained in the Necrozma 4 parter why the adults were all tired and not the pokemon or students (Main characters)?

Subterrel

Any music nerds on here? I'm looking for a track featured in "The Rivalry Revival" (finale of orange islands) which plays right when Ash and Gary finish their battle.

I watched the dub btw.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Subterrel said:
Any music nerds on here? I'm looking for a track featured in "The Rivalry Revival" (finale of orange islands) which plays right when Ash and Gary finish their battle.

I watched the dub btw.

I believe it's the track labeled 1997-1998_M73 on Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best Vol.2.

Last edited:

MockingJ

Banned
I was thinking about this earlier, but what was the name of the episode where Jessie, James and Meowth disguised themselves as plants to spy on Ash and his pals? I remember it being an older episode from OS most likely.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I was thinking about this earlier, but what was the name of the episode where Jessie, James and Meowth disguised themselves as plants to spy on Ash and his pals? I remember it being an older episode from OS most likely.
OS144: Gettin' the Bugs Out! which was Ash's gym battle against Bugsy

Team_Rocket_Disguise_EP144.png

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Were Dragon Claw and Blast Burn used again after THAT battle?
Dragon Claw, at least, was used by Ryuki in Sun & Moon 118, and by Plumeri in 129.

michael147

With best wishes
I wonder if there was an episode with a plot similar to "The Psyduck Stops Here", where obviously parent Pokemon hatched their eggs. Thanks in advance.

michael147

With best wishes
Another question: what Japanese Pokemon opening or ending had a staircase of light, which was seen in the 'I Politoed Ya So' episode (dubbed)? And could you tell me, what happened on it in details?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Another question: what Japanese Pokemon opening or ending had a staircase of light, which was seen in the 'I Politoed Ya So' episode (dubbed)? And could you tell me, what happened on it in details?

It's from the fourth opening theme, Whiteberry's cover of Mezase Pokemon Master. The scene shows Satoshi running up a staircase of light with the three legendary Kanto birds flying past him, before the perspective shifts and we see that the Pokemon League torch is sitting on the top of the stairs.