• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Cyclizar looks... okay. Definitely a step in the right direction, but I'm still not very impressed with it. I've never felt so underwhelmed about an entire slate of new Pokemon at this point in the pre-release. I hope they have something more interesting that they haven't revealed yet, because otherwise this may be the worst crop of new Pokemon I've ever seen.

I'm actually less concerned with the new pokemon this time around and more psyched about the open world gameplay. As long as there are some decent Ghost-types, I'm good.

Cititan is decent looking, and that's good enough for me so far.

According to some observations in the trailer they're gonna modify the type chart, notably by giving Ice a resistance to Water.

About goddamn time!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm actually less concerned with the new pokemon this time around and more psyched about the open world gameplay. As long as there are some decent Ghost-types, I'm good.

Same, I still think I'm going to enjoy the game, open world gameplay is something I've always wanted. It just feels like the game is shaping up to be the worst in this particular aspect. I'm waiting to see that Pokemon that I'm so hyped about that I want to put it on my team. I usually have at least 1 or 2 besides the starters at this point in the pre-release. So far I have 0.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Was there a Trainer Battle in which we saw the levels of Pokemon?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Cyclizar looks... okay. Definitely a step in the right direction, but I'm still not very impressed with it. I've never felt so underwhelmed about an entire slate of new Pokemon at this point in the pre-release. I hope they have something more interesting that they haven't revealed yet, because otherwise this may be the worst crop of new Pokemon I've ever seen.
According to leaks we are getting over 100 new pokemon so at least some should be quite good but I suppose you could argue quantity over quality but it's said to be the largest roster of new Mons since the switch to 3D

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
Cyclizar design is incredible! Even if it clearly shows the inspiration on bicycle, it don't lose that lizard unique traits. It's battle pose look very dynamic, just like a reptile ready to attack!

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So, it seems we do now have the "present" version (Cyclizar) to Koraidon(past) and Miradon (future)?

Maybe we get Cyclizar early in the game and it'll Evolve/Form change at some point in the story.

Like Nebby/Cosmog being part of Sun and Moon all game and evolving near the end?

That way we dont have the box legendary at lvl 5

Trillion

breloom! for the last week, i've been playing bdsp with the breloom i caught in oras and i've been slaughtering with it. glad to see it's returning here

According to some observations in the trailer they're gonna modify the type chart, notably by giving Ice a resistance to Water.
didn't even notice that. that's cool. i honestly never expected the type chart to change again

on another note: so is cyclizar like a shared preevolution of koraidon and miraidon? seems like it to me. it actually seems like a mid-stage pokemon

and is tera blast like hidden power where it's available to every pokemon?

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah, Breloom is definitely making a comeback, but do you know what else is gonna make a splash?

Tera-Ghost Blissey.
I don’t see how that’s going to make a big deal or anything. It’ll just be weak to Ghost & Dark types instead of Fighting types

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ice finally getting a second resistance? And here I was thinking the type chart was not getting changed again. My guess is that GF must have caught on to how underused Ice-types are and wanted to make them more competitively viable.
Where did did you see that?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I was thinking the same. It seemed like water type to me.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I just saw that new competitive trailer and my goodness I have a feeling competitive battling is going to be so broken......

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The trainer battle music is too cheerful and sounds like an opening song for teenager shows like Hana Montana hehe