• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haine

I have just recently been checking out other Animes besides Yugioh and Pocket Monsters.

So far I have seen some of the following:
Love Hina (I love this one so much)
Gunslinger Girl (Only saw episode 1)
Ah! My Goddess (Only saw the first 2 episodes)

So my question is, if you were to recommend an Anime that you think others should check out, what would it be and why?

Rex Kamex

The Japanese version of One Piece. Apparently, it's real good, but the dub is real bad. One Piece in general has lots of humor, plot twists, drama, and other stuff I can't think of right now.

Haruka-chan

flower in the sand
Toto, have you watched Shaman King (Japanese version) or Slayers?

More AMG. :p You could check out the new Yu-Gi-Oh series or DNAngel or Get Backers.

Haine

Mondo said:
More AMG. :p You could check out the new Yu-Gi-Oh series or DNAngel or Get Backers.
=P

Glacia said:
Toto, have you watched Shaman King (Japanese version) or Slayers?
No, I listed everything I have seen ^^:

Naruto - It's an amazing anime,even the english,because 4kids doesnt dub it.:p
The japanese version is just as good.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Take Dani's advice, D.N.Angel is awesome. X3 Also check out Kodomo no Omocha (Kodocha). It's an older anime that was released around 96, so the animation isn't mind blowing, but the story is great! Lots of jokes...especially in the manga. I also better mention it's a romantic comedy, so if you like Love Hina you'll probably like it as well.

Also look into Ranma 1/2 and Fruits Basket. Judging by what you've mentioned, I think those may appeal to you as well.

Chris

Old Coot
Midori no Hibi (Midori Days), Bleach and the .hack series are a few good series' to check out.

M

Manorwrath

Bleach - good story, has comedy and lots of action. Although I prefer the manga more.

Law of Ueki - a show that has both comedy and strategic fighting scenes. The story is good and it teaches you good lessons.

Eyeshield 21 - a good sports show filled with teamwork, and teaches you not give up and succeed in what you are good at. Has comedy and nicely well done play moves.

And ditto for MJC CartoGuy
One Piece is a great show, filled with creative things, good story, action and a protagonist that will make you want to worship him(lol well not really). This is a must see show.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Everyone by know should know what I'll say.
Dani and Toto You should check out Hunter X Hunter because it's just that cool. D:

Last edited:

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Hellsing and Wolf's Rain are both awesome Anime, I adore them both. Their good if you like gore and action, specially Hellsing for gore. Wolf's Rain is more humourous than hellsing, but thats simply because Hellsing is more of a seriouse Anime.

Chris

Old Coot
Wolf's Rain was humorous? o.o I guess it was with Hige, but that was about it. T'was quite a serious anime, but it was fantastic. >.>

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Edward Elric said:
Wolf's Rain was humorous? o.o I guess it was with Hige, but that was about it. T'was quite a serious anime, but it was fantastic. >.>
That's what I meant by humorouse, but I did state that it was more humourous than Hellsing, which it is, but only with Hige. I dind;t doubt that it was a seriouse Anime, because it is.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
*ponder*

Vandread, Geneshaft, Peacemaker, and Boogiepop Phantom. The first two are set in space that both address the issues of gender in the far future (but both handle it quite differently: the first deals with the separation of men and women for a hundred years, and the second is all about stability within a coordinated society, where women outnumber men by 9:1), the third's a 'historical' anime that would set itself, like, shortly before the Meiji era (funny, cute, and they have evil pigs), and the forth....aha, I could never explain it, even if I knew all the words in the world.

If you're gonna watch Slayers, seriously avoid the dub. *hanged herself after watching it* Unless it's the movies, dun touch the dub. @_@

Shadowfaith said:
That's what I meant by humorouse, but I did state that it was more humourous than Hellsing, which it is, but only with Hige. I dind;t doubt that it was a seriouse Anime, because it is.

Once the OVA comes out, i'll be the other way around. lol

umm I can list a sh*t loads of animes, so get ready:

Berserk- Do you really need me to explain this one? It just damn good.

Rurouni Kenshin- who doesn't like RK? lol

Masion Ikkoku- 80's rule. Has the 80's nostaglia

Cromartie High- very odd and random

Fushigi Yugi- nice shoujo story

Golden Boy- THE DUB OWNS THE JAPANESE. NUFF SAID. It really hilarious also.

Kaleido Star- I love this series. and takes place in AMERICA! boo ya!

Trigun- It just is. period

Sorcerer Hunter OVA-funny as hell(the manga is REALLY funny)

Sakura Diaries- it is nice....

GTO- funny as hell

Akira-classic

Ninja Scroll- insane and good ending music

Elfian Lied-Bloodiest series ever.......so far. Cute little anime girls that cause
loads of carnages

Gungrave-beside the first episode, the rest of the story is fabulous

Gantz- Very crazy stuff going on here. Not for weak heart.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
A lot of stuff I would've recommended has already been said so I'll just let everyone else sell them to you (gonna add an extra vote to Naruto, Bleach, Hellsing, Trigun and Eyeshield 21 though).
One thing I'm really enjoying at the moment and I think you would too is Tsubasa Chronicle. This one has everything, action, romance, comedy and one of the most beautiful soundtracks I've heard. In my opinion you should totally check it out.

N

Nyuura

Highly, highly reccommend Black Cat. It's somewhat of a Cowboy Bebop/Trigun/Naruto crossover. Bountry hunters, assassins, and a whole cast of delectable characters.

If you're looking for something modern and romantic, then Paradise Kiss is a good jump. And Blood+ will satisfy a need for dark undead themes.

Monster is also great. Being a medical drama, it's definately unique.

[all these can be found at Link Removed ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Haine

Sure but I have a BT going.
I am hooked on FMA and I have only seen one episode XD

Status
Not open for further replies.