• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime rivals development

Leonhart

Imagineer
Beet reminds me of Shinji after reading more about his goal in the games, although he seems somewhat more like a potential villain to me than just another serious rival. I hope that his anime persona is at least consistent with his game counterpart, and that Hop will become more like Jun or Hau and serve as the friendly rival for Satoshi.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Beet reminds me of Shinji after reading more about his goal in the games, although he seems somewhat more like a potential villain to me than just another serious rival. I hope that his anime persona is at least consistent with his game counterpart, and that Hop will become more like Jun or Hau and serve as the friendly rival for Satoshi.
Was Barry really a friendly rival? I mean he undermined Ash a lot and insulted him.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Marnie becomes Ash's Galarian rival, then my faith in the new saga might increase. I could deal with Hop and Bede becoming Ash's rivals too I guess but I don't think they'd offer anything that we haven't already seen with previous rivals.

Bede looks different, he has that 'stuck up' look about him. Besides it's about time the anime and game had a rival that was an asshole again.

Won't fault you on Hopp though, I hope he doesn't show up at all. He is Hau's Galar form and nothing more. Same animations, relations to a powerful trainer in the region, clearly the underdog rival....

I just hope they don't do with Marnie what they did with Gladion, give her a team that practically screams 'edgelord'. Gladion has Midnight Lycanroc(The edgy one), Silvally(Edgy legendary), Zoroark(Lucario's edgy cousin whose nowhere as cool as the original), and Umbreon... So basically I hope they don't throw Corviknight and Obstagoon on her team just because of her edgy appearance

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
Was Barry really a friendly rival? I mean he undermined Ash a lot and insulted him.

I don't remember him insulting Satoshi, although I haven't watched the DP saga in ages so who knows, maybe I'm forgetting. But I mostly meant that despite Jun's tendency to be rather blunt and quick to anger, he was less of a jerk than Shinji at least.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Zoroark(Lucario's edgy cousin whose nowhere as cool as the original)
How are Zoroark and Lucario related? Is it just because they are both the only two non-legendaries to get featured roles in movies?