• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime series you would like to have come back

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Berserk. It's inevitably going to happen one day and be the best anime series of all time.

Man every time I hear about Berserk it's always "the manga is so much better than the anime" so if that was ever brought back I'd definitely watch it.

Chris

Old Coot
I have no idea how long Fruits Basket ran in Japan, but the States only got 1 season of the anime. If they would ever consider extending that to two I would totally LOVE it!
That's how long the anime ran in Japan. It finished before the manga did.

E.Fayth

<Got It
Black cat it was a good series but it was cut down and had stuff the original didn't have so i would like to see them do what they did with FMA brotherhood and do a new version.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Would love another season of Gakuen Alice, since the manga was great. Have heard people talk about it being a possibility.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
several anime that ended well before their manga in general could stand to make a comeback with a more proper adaption, especially since that seems to be the "in" thing lately (and obviously, several of their stories are done by now, so no need for filler or going off into a made-up ending). Personally, I'd really like to see a re-do of Sailor Moon, starting with an adaption of Sailor V. Also, Gash Bell. That anime had an unfortunate circumstance where the manga-ka injured his hand, and the current arc wasn't exactly a situation where they could suddenly break off and goof around with filler. They'd have to reset everything the anime did for its last 10 episodes, of course, but with a differently titled series that establishes precisely where it's beginning (a brief recap of the characters followed by Faudo's awakening would be perfect), it could probably be pulled off.

Last edited:

RLinksoul

Personally, I'd really like to see a re-do of Sailor Moon

I agree a thousand times over. One where they don't switch voice actors every season, and the dialog isn't so cheesy. You know you've been watching the wrong version of a series when you had no idea that characters ever DIED.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
i'd like to see cowboy bebop come back, i know some people say it's ended, but it was still a good series they should probably do the same thing like FMA:B

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I agree a thousand times over. One where they don't switch voice actors every season, and the dialog isn't so cheesy. You know you've been watching the wrong version of a series when you had no idea that characters ever DIED.

I said a "re-do", not a "re-dub", by which I meant completely readapting from the manga. Though, I am interested in a re-dub as well, assuming the rumors that Funimation's been considering it are true.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
^ uh, haven't seen the last couple of episodes cuz they weren't on yet, I've seen every other one

so uh, spoiler tag why dontcha?

and the manga was created after the TV show

a live action movie for it with keanu reaves is slated for a release in a few years

AND in an interview with series director Shinichiro Watanabe, asking if he will ever return to making anymore Bebop episodes, he said "someday....maybe someday"

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
several anime that ended well before their manga in general could stand to make a comeback with a more proper adaption, especially since that seems to be the "in" thing lately (and obviously, several of their stories are done by now, so no need for filler or going off into a made-up ending). Personally, I'd really like to see a re-do of Sailor Moon, starting with an adaption of Sailor V. Also, Gash Bell. That anime had an unfortunate circumstance where the manga-ka injured his hand, and the current arc wasn't exactly a situation where they could suddenly break off and goof around with filler. They'd have to reset everything the anime did for its last 10 episodes, of course, but with a differently titled series that establishes precisely where it's beginning (a brief recap of the characters followed by Faudo's awakening would be perfect), it could probably be pulled off.
I dunno. Toei did do Sailor Moon. Judging by their refresh of Dragon Ball Z with Dragon Ball Kai, I doubt they'd do anything that involves spending money on such a project.

Cowboy Bebop followed the manga word-by-word. Spike died. Get over it.
Anime came before the manga.

AND in an interview with series director Shinichiro Watanabe, asking if he will ever return to making anymore Bebop episodes, he said "someday....maybe someday"
Just because he says that doesn't mean it'll happen. The series ended several years ago. They're not gonna add more to what's basically a completed series.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
^ uh, haven't seen the last couple of episodes cuz they weren't on yet, I've seen every other one

so uh, spoiler tag why dontcha?

Also Snape kills Dumbledore.

a live action movie for it with keanu reaves is slated for a release in a few years

Don't count on it.

lolwikipedia

Jb

Tsun in the streets
As said, School Rumble should of had a proper 3rd season, it was an still is one of the most popular 'school romances' of today, in Japan and the U.S. Black Cat's ending was also half-assed, it could of easily had another 12 ep or atleast a solid movie or OVA.

Whoever is keeping Fruits Basket from being finish needs to be repeatily kicked in the balls. Easy money right there. -_-

Tsukoyomi MoonPhase could have done better, and School Days needs the Manga ending.....>.>

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I'm agreeing with Glass Eye on Ranma 1/2. There's still too many fights that need to be shown.

But, I have to also say Slayers. The light novel was long finished, but even though they brought it back they didn't follow the novels. They just mostly regurgitated the first season (quite badly) with only one reference to the novels. The second half needs to be animated already. That would of been a much better comeback than Revolution and Evolution-R. I would love to see Luke, Zellas, and DeepSea Dolphin (not to mention Dynast Grausherra).

Also, Gash Bell. That anime had an unfortunate circumstance where the manga-ka injured his hand, and the current arc wasn't exactly a situation where they could suddenly break off and goof around with filler. They'd have to reset everything the anime did for its last 10 episodes, of course, but with a differently titled series that establishes precisely where it's beginning (a brief recap of the characters followed by Faudo's awakening would be perfect), it could probably be pulled off.

If they ever redid the Faudo arc (around his awakening as you said), I would love them forever. Or they can do an OAV of the Faudo arc, I can live with that. Just something to give the anime a better closure to one of the best arcs.

danparker

Here are the animes I like to see returning with possible new episodes.

Sailor Moon
Cardcaptor Sakura
Mermaid Melody
Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power
Ojamajo Doremi
Kirarin Revolution
Gakuen Alice
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

And of course

Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo

It should not have ended with a cliffhanger.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Whoever is keeping Fruits Basket from being finish needs to be repeatily kicked in the balls. Easy money right there. -_-

People have been asking for a second season since 2005 (before that, maybe?) with the whole 1000 paper crane wish thing, but with the way the anime ended, it would be pretty unlikely to add another season anyway since they altered the ending to make the series so short. It'd be a pretty long series due to the amount of story they'd have to cover, too.

I honestly cannot see this series ever getting even an OAV let alone another season.