• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime series you would like to have come back

Chris

Old Coot
Gurren Lagann
There isn't anything possibly more you could add to the series. Simon's story is over. The series' main focus was on him (inbeforederpersthinkingKaminawasaprimaryfocus) and his journey to adulthood and the outside world. As sad as the way things turned out for him, there's really nothing you could add on to his story, with the way they turned out.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I dunno. Toei did do Sailor Moon. Judging by their refresh of Dragon Ball Z with Dragon Ball Kai, I doubt they'd do anything that involves spending money on such a project.

ouch. Point taken, though I wonder Naoko Takeuchi's property is obligated under contract from being taken up by some other studio. Though it's not likely to happen anyway.

Just because he says that doesn't mean it'll happen. The series ended several years ago. They're not gonna add more to what's basically a completed series.

well, they did release a Trigun movie recently, and there was that DBZ Shonen Jump special a couple years back. They seemed to be nostalgic fanservice and didn't particularly add much to the story or anything (aside from Vegeta having a brother, though it's not like he did much). Still, given Cowboy Bebop's episodic nature, it wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing happen somewhere down the line.

If they ever redid the Faudo arc (around his awakening as you said), I would love them forever. Or they can do an OAV of the Faudo arc, I can live with that. Just something to give the anime a better closure to one of the best arcs.

Cherish.... is.... a sniper. Cherish.... is.... a fucking sniper.... XD
God, such an unfortunate waste.

There isn't anything possibly more you could add to the series. Simon's story is over. The series' main focus was on him (inbeforederpersthinkingKaminawasaprimaryfocus) and his journey to adulthood and the outside world. As sad as the way things turned out for him, there's really nothing you could add on to his story, with the way they turned out.

Parallel Works.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Neigh.
I'd like to see that too, although I'm not sure what'd they'd do. Perhaps just a movie would be enough (although it's never going to happen -_-; )

-sighs wistfully- I miss Hiei and Kuwabara's banter, Kurama's cold fighting and Yusuke's kick-butt battles.

Legendary Dreams

Shaman King. With the full storyline now that its actually completed.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
^ Detective Conan is still going, both the anime and manga, in Japan. I don't know if the dub still is, though I doubt it.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
^ Detective Conan is still going, both the anime and manga, in Japan. I don't know if the dub still is, though I doubt it.

It's not. It didn't sell well enough for FUNimation, and they have pretty much discontinued it. They released some movies recently, though.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
It's not. It didn't sell well enough for FUNimation, and they have pretty much discontinued it. They released some movies recently, though.
No, it's still being sold and aired on their channel. They're just not dubbing any more episodes. Can't blame them, though. Not only were sales and ratings weak, as you mentioned, but the sheer number of episodes the series has is...insane.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
No, it's still being sold and aired on their channel. They're just not dubbing any more episodes. Can't blame them, though. Not only were sales and ratings weak, as you mentioned, but the sheer number of episodes the series has is...insane.

Well by discontinued I meant not releasing any further episodes. Sorry, that may have been the wrong word. I couldn't find a good word to use.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
@Envy II: Thanks for confirming it, I had no idea they stopped dubbing due to bad sells.

@Chris: Insane? Not yet. As far I as I know, DC hasn't gotten too far anywhere with the actual plot, so I can see the manga and anime going past 1,000 chapters/episodes before the plot even gets close to the finale. We're already past halfway there, it shouldn't be too hard now.

Road

Shiny Master
It looks like I'll have to watch Detective Conan at some point. xD

Anyway, probably D.Gray-man. The ending was a terrible place to end; it kind of left off like "and so they did" and rushed through the ending. I really think they did us wrong with that. The manga might need to get a bit farther before they can start up the anime again, though.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...

I just started watching Gurren Lagann, and they cuold very well continue the series, considering

Simon was left wandering the earth, while his friends wanted to reach out to other civilizations in the universe

They could continue it in a variety of ways, I won't say how because it may spoil it for those still watching

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I think the point is after stopping the Anti-Spiral there's no conflict left. They went as far as it took to save the universe and accomplished what they needed to. The heavens were pierced. An extra few episodes of Rossiu Leeron and Viral sitting around going "Hmph, things are all good now eh?" "I'll say." "Yup." would be boring.

Card Captor Sakura and Yami no Matsuei. I would like for Clamp to continue Card Captor Sakura because I'm certain they can make it awesome. (Plus, I want to see the character designs for a grown up Sakura and Li.) And I want to see more freaky episodes of Yami no Matsuei because it means there's going to be more gore and fantastic music.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Card Captor Sakura and Yami no Matsuei. I would like for Clamp to continue Card Captor Sakura because I'm certain they can make it awesome. (Plus, I want to see the character designs for a grown up Sakura and Li.) And I want to see more freaky episodes of Yami no Matsuei because it means there's going to be more gore and fantastic music.

If you want to see grown up character designs of Card Captor Sakura, watch Tsubasa Chronicle since it actually features them when they're older while slightly changing character traits, setting, their past and so on. Includes other famous faces from CLAMP's work, too.

The Card Captor Sakura series itself has been finished for a long time and doesn't need any more to it. If they continued, it would end up as just another typical magical girl sequence series with under garment shots which is what made Card Captor Sakura different from the others in the first place, haha!

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Card Captor Sakura should be left untouched. It was THE defining mahou shoujo series for a long time (PMMM is better) and any new plot elements would ruin it for me. If you want to see Sakura and Li again then read/watch Tsubasa Chronicle - it's still them but older and in an alternate universe.