• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime that Beat Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
What anime do you think beat Pokemon? For me...really only Yu Yu Hakusho, and maybe Rurouni Kenshin. Then again, I don't watch a lot of anime, nor have I watched Pokemon for a while.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
hmm i think this might belong to the alternate anime thread

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I was thinking that myself, for just a second.

On-topic: Cowboy Bebop also possibly beats Pokemon.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Digimon.

/thread

Seriously, almost any anime out there can beat Pokémon. Hell, Kirby of the Stars beats Pokémon by a long shot, even if the original characters are rather useless and other nitpick moments Kirby fans have over the anime.

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
One show.

DragonBall.

That is all.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Many. Even as a show focused around episodic adventures, Pokémon is a poorly written cashcow that the kids' devour in an instant. I don't mind you liking the show just this is a very dumb question when viewed from multiple perspectives. Now comparing it to other half-baked garbage that the kids eat up would be a better general question but knowing what this forum is based around; we know who would win in a landslide.

Last edited:

Blessed

Omg the fact that you mentioned Yu Yu Hakusho >>>

Anything can beat it and I'm kinda glad to be honest, but I would like to know what anime Pokemon CAN defeat.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Every anime ever made beats Pokemon. Pokemon isn't a real anime, it's just a kids cartoon. If it was a real anime, the battles would be more intense and planned out better, the character development would be way better, and there would be much more interesting and better plots.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master

Anything can beat it and I'm kinda glad to be honest, but I would like to know what anime Pokemon CAN defeat.

I think that Pokémon as a whole until BW beats Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. GX is pretty much how Pokémon is set up. I'm too afraid to watch Zexal, so I can't say anything about that.

It's not that I don't like GX, I just like Pokémon better. But Pokémon definitely loses to the good ol' original Yu-Gi-Oh!

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan

Well, since you asked, the following can't rival Pokemon: Naruto, Yugioh, Bakugan, Bleach, Winx Club, Mew Mea Power (I heard TMM is better), new Beyblade, Beywheels, Redekai, Inuyasha, etc.

And what you mean by being glad other anime beat Pokemon?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Every anime ever made beats Pokemon. Pokemon isn't a real anime, it's just a kids cartoon. If it was a real anime, the battles would be more intense and planned out better, the character development would be way better, and there would be much more interesting and better plots.

That's like saying Hamtaro isn't an anime because its action sequences (what little there are) aren't intense. It's anime because it's made in Japan and has elements of anime whether the battles are intense or not. Yes, both of them are made for kids. Not all anime is made for teenagers/adults, you know.

Well, since you asked, the following can't rival Pokemon: Naruto, Yugioh, Bakugan, Bleach, Winx Club, Mew Mea Power (I heard TMM is better), new Beyblade, Beywheels, Redekai, Inuyasha, etc.

For one thing, Winx Club isn't an anime. It may have the style, but it was made in Italy. And Redakai is a Canadian/French cartoon.

Second, of course those can't exactly rival Pokémon because they are in a sub-genre of their own in shounen series (except for obviously Tokyo Mew Mew, as it's a Magical Girl). Really, I can think of only one other anime that can rival Pokémon, and that's Digimon, but everyone knows that is WAY much better than Pokémon. I can't exactly see Yu-Gi-Oh! in the same vein as Pokémon even with the whole "trading" cards and the duels they have. And Naruto... well... it's Naruto, but it is still better than Pokémon.

But that's your opinion, whatever. Because honestly, I think we can come to the conclusion that just about almost everything can beat out Pokémon.

In fact, I think Pokémon is better than Sonic X, but though it's still near the bottom of the barrel, Pokémon at least has some redeeming qualities that Sonic X didn't have. (If they had never had Chris in the first place, perhaps Sonic X would've been a better anime.)

Status
Not open for further replies.