• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime that should (not) become live action movie

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

this topic got me thinking.. how would Elfen Lied end up as a live action movie?

Elfen Lied only features humans(although a certain race are "mutation" of the human race, but they look the same except for the horns on their heads and bright orange/pink hair color)

their Vectors can be replicated with computer effects really easy as they are transparant, and this kind of effect has been used pretty often in movie making

the only thing that would make Elfen Lied a "bad" live action movie would be the blood and gore(like people being ripped to pieces and stuff like that) which is usually extremely horrible in real life action so it won't really be a "rated T for teen" movie if you know what i mean, and that way you'll lose a huge amount of original anime fans

the anime was brilliant.. i wonder how a live action movie would turn out, personally i think it would be interesting to say the least

you're right, that Spike guy has a good personality when acting.. but i don't think he fits Piccolo, he'd be a great Vegeta to be honest.. he does look like the "in-your-face" type at least in the role of "Spike"

however, in the first movie doesn't appear, but it's supposed to be a trilogy and i think we'll see the legendary "it's over ninethousaaaaand" scene in one of the follow-up movies

As much as I love Elfen Lied, I think if it were to be made into a live action movie, it would probably be banned. Also, the amount of blood needed would go way over their budget xD
Also, they'd have to hire a lot of cute child actors, and they all suck, admit it. You just can't replicate characters like Nana and Mariko into real life.

I thought the Death Note movies were quite good, however, they're making a hollywood remake....

Also Dreamworks have the right to a Ghost in the Shell live action, that could really work.

I'd say anime that could work as live action are:
Cowboy Bebop - It doesn't rely on too many special effects that these days aren't too hard to get, and with the right actors it could be really good
Ghost in the Shell - If the matrix could work, GITS will work.
BLEACH - Yes, I know this is in the no pile. However, I think if they can make Dragonball work (still doubt they will) then they could easily make a BLEACH movie. Keanu Reeves as Byakuya!
Gundam - I know there has been a live-action failure already, but with the recent success of Transformers I think they really good make a good live action Gundam movie (or series of movies).

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Naruto would make a shitty *** movie even there anime sucks.

Naruto doesn't "suck", it's just bland and overrated. This is coming from someone who doesn't even really like the show. It has a few good things about it.

If you want crappy anime watch Bakugan.

Rave

Banned

Gentleman Skeleton

So basically...nothing.

And both are just Yu-gi-oh anyways.

More like Digimon, which in turn was a clone of Pokemon. And to all those who said Pokemon shouldn't be a live action movie, just you wait. In another five or so years, Michael Bay or some other schmuck director will try and be successful enough to make a series of crappy films that will **** off Pokemon's creators.

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
More like Digimon, which in turn was a clone of Pokemon. And to all those who said Pokemon shouldn't be a live action movie, just you wait. In another five or so years, Michael Bay or some other schmuck director will try and be successful enough to make a series of crappy films that will **** off Pokemon's creators.

Outside of both series being about kids interacting and developing friendships with monsters, Pokemon and Digimon are nothing alike. They're like apples and oranges. Both are mon shows, but completely different mon shows. As much as I do love Pokemon, it obviously isn't the best series ever and Digimon does have superior writing and character development. I really don't think that a live action Pokemon film would work. Practically everything would be CGI and not that I don't like CGI animation, but it would be pretty weird to see that with Pokemon that isn't in a video game. By the way, I feel more of a Beyblade vibe from Bakugan. It doesn't really remind me much of Yu-Gi-Oh!, except the part about children putting so much focus on a game.

I'm not sure if a lot of anime could honestly work out in a live action film. Being animated, they can do things that wouldn't look well in live action, such as the outrageous hair, magic and pretty much the designs of the characters. Look at the live action Sailor Moon series. It just felt a bit odd seeing a group of women acting as teenagers and acting as their plastic devices were magic. Some series could work out, but it really depends on the storyline and what's involved in it.

bookist

yugioh gx: i cannot see a bunch of rap-artists playing card games on the big screen

Cobalt_Latios

Wait... what's the difference between that and Beyblades again? I forgot.
One had a very simple and easy to follow storyline with an equally simple game, the other one has a more... complicated game with an equally complex storyline, that, if you haven't bothered to watch some if any episodes will leave utterly confused.

Take a guess as to which one each description refers to.

~C_L~

Dattebayo

Banned
Lets see:

Pokemon - won't work at all due to the fact that the whole environment and pokemon will be CG animated.
Naruto - Will not work also considering the fact that which story arc will be made into a live action movie.
Dragonball - Like I said in the DB live action movie thread, the movie will be a complete failure because they changed Goku's hair style.

chim-chat078

I <3 Maya Fey
most animes speicial effects would fly out the freakin wazoo and would be lame as hell

chim-chat078

I <3 Maya Fey
most animes speicial effects would fly out the freakin wazoo and would be lame as hell

chim-chat078

I <3 Maya Fey
dangit!!! double post

chim-chat078

I <3 Maya Fey
Then i guess you wont like the upcoming Dragon Ball live action movie. Lol.

Fullmetal Alchemist MIGHT make an ok one. Or maybe a new better Gundam one. Cowboy Bebop maybe

WTF dragon ball was a retarded anime in the first place!!!!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Why do people double post, then post a third time saying "Double post lolololol"?

And then proceed to post a fourth time?

pokemaster95

King of pirates
^^^^ Irony...

I don't think Dragon ball movie will be that bad.I read some reviews and it looks pretty good.
If they make a pokemon L.A.M,then whats going to be the plot.How are they going to fit,8 gym battles,Fighting T.R or some other organisezation.What pokemon there going give the main character.Legendari of the game.Elite 4.To much to fit into a 2 hour movie.Or maybe they could always make sequals.

One piece has alot of Chapters and every single arc is important.Its going to be hard to find actors for all those characters.

Naruto.They could do naruto.you could make a movie out of the land of waves arc and if the like it they could make 2 sequals of the Chunin arc.I could see them trying to pull a Naruto movie.With it being popular and all.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
When I say movie, I mean live-action Americanized. Just to ge tthat straight right now. Anyway, there are only a few right now. But beware, for there may be more in the future.

One Piece: Not that the Anime was really that great to begin with (that's a rant for another time), but a movie based on said Anime would probably be the equivalent of taking Fantastic Four and combining it with Huck Finn and Pirates of the Carribean, without Johnny Depp or Stan Lee.

Naruto: Why anyone would make a movie based on this horrible Anime is beyond me, but I've seen stranger things. I remember back in the 80s when some clowns released that live-action Fist of the North Star movie. Just imagine that, but with kids instead of adults, no exploding heads, and the stupidest educational system since Duelist Academy.

DBZ: <deep breath> Why... Why in the name of all that's holy do they insist on making movies based on Japanese shows? Why? I can't answer that. But what I can say for sure is that this movie is an abomination waiting to happen, and it should be stopped at any cost. Goku in High School... During the King Piccolo Saga. If I say more, this will become a rant, so I'll leave it at that. Now moving on...

Sailor Moon: Now don't get me wrong. Japan made a really entertaining live-action incarnation of this Anime. But that's my point. It was Japanese-made. Leave it in Japan. Don't make a US movie of it. We disgraced Fist of the North Star, we're about to ruin Dragonball. And now... a Disney Sailor Moon movie... Leave these shows alone. We don't need Miley freaking Cyrus playing Usagi (or anyone else for that matter). That was enough to scare me away, and cause me to pray that this was all a joke. And I still do... Haven't you done enough? What are your demands? At least tell us that much!

Ok. That's all for now.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Wait... what's the difference between that and Beyblades again? I forgot.

Bakugan is more like Yugi-Oh! w/ action figures!

What about "King of Bandit Jing"?