• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Anime

Mew Supporter!

Thunder Trainer
Please don't bash me for this, as most of you will probably agree.

I don't like the anime. The anime has a repetitive plot, for starters. (Ash and Co. walk around, meet a new pokemon, find their trainer, Team Rocket ruins everything, battling goes on, Pikachu blasts Team Rocket, the next episode happens)

It's all cutesy, and has nothing to do with the game.

It's the main reason why people hate us for playing pokemon. The anime gives pokemon a bad name by being targeted towards 7-year olds. We like the games for the strategy, plot, EV's and IV's, and for trading.

Talk about your views on the anime here.

TheMan

Run Like HELL
i dont really like em either. this should go in anime discussion though.

btw: your basically asking to be bashed

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
This should go in the.... Anime Section?
I agree, but with less hatred.

Mew Supporter!

Thunder Trainer
I was merely stating my view, and I was afraid people would bash me in the anime forums. People who don't like anime probably don't go to the anime forums that much.

And I have nothing against people who like the anime.

Dragonfan

Best. Rank. Ever!
I was merely stating my view, and I was afraid people would bash me in the anime forums. People who don't like anime probably don't go to the anime forums that much.
Good point. Anyway, I like the anime. Sure, it's be directed to kids under the age of 10, but so what?

I completely agree with your view, people who look down on Pokemon base their opinions on the Anime series only. The Anime serie is, with respectand in my opinion, embarrassing to watch for people over 12.

Pokemon is fun when it's all about battling.

-Starly-

Brain Damage
In my opinion, all forms of Pokemon media, whether game, anime, or toy, are childish because they are intended for kids.

Gajo

Desperate Housewives
This is why you read and write fanfiction. So you can escape the monotony, and explore Pokemon in a different light.

The writers ain't gonna change in a hurry, so you may as well.

Gajo out ;106;

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I don't like the anime. The anime has a repetitive plot, for starters. (Ash and Co. walk around, meet a new pokemon, find their trainer, Team Rocket ruins everything, battling goes on, Pikachu blasts Team Rocket, the next episode happens)

They walk around, training Pokemon, and battling Gym Leaders.

BWUH! Hey, that sounds familliar!

And no offense to players of the games...but they're repetitive also.

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
Yeah, I doubt you've watched the anime since Johto.
Yeah, I SKIPPED Johto, and got back into the show around the end of season 6. It was still the same repetitive thing I'd been watching since I was 9. Needless to say, I stopped watching after PUSA took over (Not due to me loving 4kids or anything, I just couldn't keep up with the two episodes a week... 'Cause, you know... IT WAS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN... I have movie 9 sitting on my family's Tivo, which, I guess is just a redone Jirachi movie, but I haven't seen it... so... e'yeah...).

Last edited:
Please don't bash me for this, as most of you will probably agree.

It's the main reason why people hate us for playing pokemon. The anime gives pokemon a bad name by being targeted towards 7-year olds. We like the games for the strategy, plot, EV's and IV's, and for trading.

Talk about your views on the anime here.

cutesy!? have you seen camerupt? or some of the other 3rd gen. pokemon? thay're not cute at all,more ugly if you ask me.of course,many things that have been around for more than 10 years or less get repetitive.(the simpsons,etc.)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Yeah, I SKIPPED Johto, and got back into the show around the end of season 6. It was still the same repetitive thing I'd been watching since I was 9. Needless to say, I stopped watching after PUSA took over (Not due to me loving 4kids or anything, I just couldn't keep up with the two episodes a week... 'Cause, you know... IT WAS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN... I have movie 9 sitting on my family's Tivo, which, I guess is just a redone Jirachi movie, but I haven't seen it... so... e'yeah...).

Strange, because Season 9, once you get used to the voices (everyone else did, they certainly improved enough to tolerate after a few episodes), was the season with the quickest pace since Kanto and least cutesy Ash squad in history, not to mention some ace battles. And they're already setting Ash's DP team up to be on the butch side too.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I love the anime, just because of the fact that the pokemon have been brought to life (in cartoon form of course), plus it's cute XD i'm a sucker for cuteness.

koxcstar23

Loser w/o shoes
this is really a little kid show you know. and the game is like a spin-off of the anime. I think the anime came before the game anyways. and besides if you are going to be mad at anyone be mad at the japanese creator.

koxcstar23 said:
this is really a little kid show you know. and the game is like a spin-off of the anime. I think the anime came before the game anyways. and besides if you are going to be mad at anyone be mad at the japanese creator
Red and blue came before the anime.
The anime is based off the games.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Maybe if Ash actually learned how to battle (looks at Corphish with Bubblebeam and Crabhammer, Sceptile with Leaf Blade, Solarbeam, and Bullet Seed, Pikachu with Volt Tackle, Thunder, and Thunderbolt) the Anime could be better, but it's a very small could.

And you think limiting every anime pokemon to four moves would be a good decision?

Maybe if Ash actually learned how to battle (looks at Corphish with Bubblebeam and Crabhammer, Sceptile with Leaf Blade, Solarbeam, and Bullet Seed, Pikachu with Volt Tackle, Thunder, and Thunderbolt) the Anime could be better, but it's a very small could.

thats the whole point of AG.to show how mature ash has gotten since kanto.he also strageties for his battles our looks for a stragety aswell.