• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animes that just never gets old

Alfon

Big Game
Ever seen an anime that you could just watch over and over again, and still be entertaining?

For me, one would be Code Geass. In my opinion its just one of those anime that just has everything and no matter how many times I see it, it never gets boring. From start to finish there wasn't a moment I was not paying attention and the ending was just perfect.

How about you? Any anime in your opinion thats worth watching over again?

RLinksoul

Shinryaku Ika Musume (Squid Girl)
Want third season. T_T

Cardcaptor Sakura
If K-On had these characters instead I could watch the most mundane things and still enjoy it.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Dragonball (all three of them), and Digimon (especially Tamers) are two such animes that I still love today, and have never gotten bored of.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I would go with Toradora! as well. I find it very rewatchable because it's predominantly character-driven rather than plot-driven, so you can watch it again for the wonderful character interaction even if you know what's coming. In fact, knowing what's coming can give you a different perspective on things. I've rewatched quite a few series, but I think Toradora! is the only one that I've watched three times.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Hellsing, and the Hellsing OVAs. Alucard's character just nevers gets old.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Gurren Lagann. I've seen it seven times and still will watch it again in the future. I'm still baffled how a story can be paced that well.

Nichijou is a great recent anime that I watch clips of on YouTube when I'm bored. The animation's constant changing of style gives it huge rewatchability alone, but the jokes just don't seem to get old (for me anyway).

ParaChomp

be your own guru
What you love never gets old to you, end of discussion.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

That is a good way to put it yes. Then there are some anime where you're not given all the details until later, so the rewatch makes you notice the hints given early on. Stuff like Madoka or Steins;Gate or Penguindrum or some 2011 anime I didn't watch.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
For me, the only ones I enjoy watching again and again are the Naruto Series, Digimon (especially Tamers and Adventure 02), and the Pokemon Series up to the end of BF.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
For me, the only ones I enjoy watching again and again are the Naruto Series, Digimon (especially Tamers and Adventure 02), and the Pokemon Series up to the end of BF.

I wonder if shows with hundreds of episodes can be watched again and again. I mean after the 5th time you'd be tired out right?

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
I wonder if shows with hundreds of episodes can be watched again and again. I mean after the 5th time you'd be tired out right?

You'd be surprised how many times I've watched Tamers through - it has 50 episodes. And besides, I write a lot, so exploring the character's again and again help with my own character development.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
You'd be surprised how many times I've watched Tamers through - it has 50 episodes. And besides, I write a lot, so exploring the character's again and again help with my own character development.

50 episodes isn't really a lot though, sure it's longer than most series but it's really not all that long. I've watched Clannad + After Story 5 times now, and that's close enough to 50 episodes (not to mention multiple playthroughs of the VN).

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

I should watch Tamers again sometime, it always was my favourite season.

Like Jolteon said, that's not too long. At least compared to other anime out there. For the inevitable people who say Dragonball Z or Fairy Tail I have my doubts.

ForeverFlame

Not necessarily true. I love Death Note to death and I can't even watch five minutes of it any more. The same is true for other things, like Harry Potter. Five years ago I had every single Harry Potter book/movie memorized, and now I cringe every time I watch the movies and I can't even bring myself to touch the books.

The only Anime that never gets old for me is Digimon. I have no idea why. It's not necessarily nostalgia because I hate Frontier with a passion and I can still watch it in 2012 without being sickened by the primitive animation.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Not necessarily true. I love Death Note to death and I can't even watch five minutes of it any more. The same is true for other things, like Harry Potter. Five years ago I had every single Harry Potter book/movie memorized, and now I cringe every time I watch the movies and I can't even bring myself to touch the books.
Excellent point...most likely because it's straight forward and lacks a "fun" feeling.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Slayers (excluding the newer ones), especially Next. Slayers Next is just so amazing that I'm sad that the creator didn't do more with LoN or the mazoku in general.
Digimon Adventure. It's always so amazing at how good Adventure can be before it gets ruined with the final arc and 02.
Gash Bell. Even though the anime is inferior to the manga in a few of ways, I just love what the anime does when it gets the chance. Another good anime that is ruined with it's ending.