• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animes that you think are underated

Buizelster

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
I've heard of it, it seems rather interesting and I will probably watch it someday soon when I can be bothered. 8D
It's pretty good if you're into slice of life, but it could very well be unappealing to you.

Oh and good luck finding episodes. I went on a mission to find the volumes lol

xGallader

CaseClosed/Detective Conan is underated in America. ^^

Koridojo_Blaziken

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

I'll give it that the plot can be a LITTLE slow sometimes, but overall the plot is pretty dang well thought out, even epic on some points. I remember that a couple parts actually made me tear up...Meh, but that may just be me. For some reason I've really been into comedies and magical girl series lately. ^^;

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
It's pretty good if you're into slice of life, but it could very well be unappealing to you.

Oh and good luck finding episodes. I went on a mission to find the volumes lol

Well, I'm currently watching Shadow Star Narutaru, so that may be quite a good break after 12 episodes of straight mindfuking. >.>

Oh yes, I do believe that that is also underrated.

Last edited:

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

I'll give it that the plot can be a LITTLE slow sometimes, but overall the plot is pretty dang well thought out, even epic on some points. I remember that a couple parts actually made me tear up...Meh, but that may just be me. For some reason I've really been into comedies and magical girl series lately. ^^;

I would consider that Underrated

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
One Piece is underrated considering how much better it is than Naruto and Bleach...

Lol, my opinion. But seriously I wouldn't dare call One Piece underrated altogether. It just sadly is in America.

Now for another series: Monster. It is highly rated among those who have seen it, but not too many have. But it's coming on the SyFy channel, which shocked me beyond belief.

Uke

...Eh?...
I've never seen someone on this forum mentioning that they ever watched Kino's Journey. A short, but rewarding, anime.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Any anime show such as Detective Conan and Code Geass are underrated. Naturo, on the other hand, is overrated.

Rave

Banned
Baccano is heavily underrated.

Toki Hakurei

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star). As much as how awesome it is, some the newer generation anime fans don't even acknowledge its existence even though Hokuto no Ken practically INVENTED rapid punches to the face and the phrase: "Omae wa mo shindeiru." (Which is Japanese for: "You're already dead.")
Also though Jojo is a very famous piece of work it never even got another anime. Which I find sad. But I guess copyrights have something to do with it.
Well since Hirohiko Araki just adores classic rock to the point where he named almost everyone in Part 3, and even the Part 4-6 Stands, after rock bands and other music artists then I guess the hope for another JoJo anime is so distant not even Simon and his limitless Spiral Energy can get to it.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I just wish they would do something like Phantom Blood (or at least release the damn movie we never saw) or adapt part 2. Though Steel Ball Run seems pretty free of name problems.

Star Breeder Mit

Pokemon Breeder
Konjiki no Gash Bell. Sure it's a little zany, and the dub didn't do the show justice, but it was a great show.

I recommend Now And Then Here And There and Soul Taker. Both were short, and while Soul Taker sort of had that "generic" feel it was a really good anime. NATHAT, well... I simply feel that that one should be recognized more. The dub has some of the standard 4kids voice actors like Dan Green, Lisa Oritz, and Rachael Lillis but it shows some of their best work.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Anything amazing nobody has heard of!

:D

Toki Hakurei

Omae wa mo shindeiru
[img139]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8929/bcae57492bcff355032fad9.gif[/img139]
This is Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star kicking ***. He's so awesome he blows up a tank with his just his fists. And if you think this nostalgic masterpiece of a series isn't worth watching well you may find yourself already dead.

Toki Hakurei

Omae wa mo shindeiru
^Amen brother.

And this picture is all i need to say to the people that get corrupted by the Big 3 (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece) too easily:

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/MnS71803/Sprites/ZaWarudo.gif[/IMG139]

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
HK recommended Texhnolyze to me, and it turned out quite awesome, but I think he could do a better job explaining why it is than I ever could. ^^'

I also wanna give a shout-out to Erementar Gerad. First off, Yuki Kajiura makes almost anything automatically awesome (final episode of Mai-HiME not withstanding). Second, it and the aforementioned Konjiki no Gash Bell! probably feature the most two-sided human/mon relationships out there. Third, cute chicks that transform into giant swords.... seriously, what's not to like about that? ^^

More people should also check out Onmyou Taisenki (it's unlicensed and doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon, BTW), especially if you're a Digimon fan. In that dark period of time between Digimon Frontier and Digimon Savers, Bandai came out with this little gem that I guess was also intended to market a V-pet I never heard of. But story-wise, it really is quite a worthy spiritual successor to the Digimon franchise, and dare I say, it was even better than Savers was.

Last edited: