• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ANnouncement: WSC

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
OK. So on the off-chance that there is someone here who will read this... here's a little spiel about where the hell I've been.

About two weeks ago, I started having some real interesting heart palpitations - you know, the sort you can feel everywhere in your body. You throb and then suddenly you don't throb for about what feels like 10 minutes, but my doctor swears it was only 10 seconds or thereabouts.

So I rang everyone I could and ended up in hospital, not really knowing what the hell had happened, why I was all light-headed, and what they were sticking in me. Suffice to say I'm OK. My doctor reckons it was the stress of my PhD. Well, here's the thing. I was rather laid-back, but I wasn't actually doing anything productive towards the completion of my PhD either. So perhaps it was the stress of the need to get back into the lab so as to complete my PhD.

My doctor couldn't find anything really wrong with me after a week of monitoring, so he sent me home for me to monitor my condition, and my heart is so far fine. I have begun to be more active towards finishing my PhD, and when that is research and when the research is steeped in synthetic chemistry, I know I have a hard road ahead.

Thus, this is me saying I am back, but I will be much less active than before - yes I know, this is a very sad moment.

tl;dr for all those people who haven't the heart to read the full dissertation: Coronary Bypass. Major PhD-fail - back full-time in lab.

What this means is that I am no longer capable of doing the WSC and will be putting it in the capable hands of Zadros and Sweet May. I will still be here and will be able to offer advice for all involved, but I am officially handing over the baton.

It has been fun, but the time has come to say goodbye.

~I_D

Coming from experience, I know how troublesome issues with your heart can be. I think I speak from everyone hear when I say your personal health is far greater than a spriting contest. Although you say it's stress, you can never be too careful, with your heart. I myself have Super Ventricular Tachychardia which isnt serious, but I suffer similar symptoms from what you've just mentioned.
Good luck with everything.

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Oh my god. I'm so sorry...

I have heart problems too, but it's minor palpitations at best. That sounds far worse.. Good luck.

-Raiga-

All I have to say is thanks for all the weeks you WERE able to make happen. Making any contest run 90+ weeks is a very impressive feat, much less with really just you and zadros behind the wheel.

Good luck finishing your phD though, I'm sure someone as hard working as yourself when needed will be able to do it.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Yeah, as said before, thanks for sucessfully running it for over a year and a half, and good luck on your phD.

Hopefully, the WSC will be up with it's new pilots ASAP, and that and the new generation will breath some much needed life into this section.

I'll miss your brain melting orange font.

Alder

Come at me bro
Wow, I_D, I had no idea. I really hope this doesn't come back to haunt you.

Well, what else can I say that others haven't yet? You did manage to keep up a spriting contest for almost two entire years, which is amazing, and, to my knowledge, unprecedented. A very sincere thanks for the whole thing.

And, as WS so elegantly put it, we'll all miss your brain-melting orange font.

Good luck with your PhD!

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
I'm wish that everything from now on will be fine. It is extremely sad. I would like to thank you for what youve done so far. I'd wish you luck but then luck won't help you.
so imma say youll have great excellency toward your PhD

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Thanks guys,

I really appreciate it, all of you. I will miss it as well. It was a lot of fun putting it all together and seeing all the beautiful work you all did every week.

And thanks for all the well-wishes as well. I hope that my health will pull itself together. Domo-kun, the doctor did mention that I have oddly similar symptoms to SVT, but he was unable to prove whether it was that or just severe stress (and I wasn't sure if using the terms to begin with in the explanation would've helped everyone understand what happened).

I will still be around, and perhaps not as prevalent as before, I may even enter some of the new contests myself if I have the time. :) - Now we just have to see if Zadros can run it for as long as I managed to :p

~ID

P.S. My font colour isn't brain-melting if you use the correct forum skin :p

tomthepom

Thank you for doing the contest while you could, you did an awesome job I_D, and thank you for all your other help, i wish you the best of luck with your PhD. :D

I'm sorry to hear this. Obviously you're much more important then the WSC, and I wish you luck with you PhD and health in the future.

Thanks for all you've done, I_D. You're a great person.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I'm really glad that you are OK an that you gave some signs of life :)
Hopefully your heart become fine again :)

I think you really did a great job with the WSC. You putted alot of time and effort to make fun and original wsc's every week, kept you're patience at all time and really made shure everybody was treated equally.
I think that sertainly deserves a big applause (and maybe a wsc dedicateded only to you :p)
Bummer that you won't be able to continue but I'm shure the replacements are excellent and I hope you'll still be able to show up your lovely-colored texted on my screen sometimes.

ps: good luck with the phD