• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying fans?

denizenofevil

The Pokemon fans who bash Digimon just because they think it's a ripoff without even bothering to watch it. I was like that when I was a kid too but after I watched it, I decided that I liked it better than Pokemon. I got made fun of a lot when I was a kid because of that since everyone else was too busy bashing it and playing their Pokemon cards and games or playing Yu-Gi-Oh to give Digimon a chance.

Oh, and the people who bash the newer Pokemon without giving any reason. Don't get me wrong. I think the the Kanto and Johto regions were the best but at least I give my reasons for why I think they're the best.

I've met some pretty annoying Twilight fans too. You know, the ones who constantly compare their boyfriends to that stalker Edward Cullen. I've met a few online who said, "If you don't like Twilight, you must be jealous and a loveless loser. Go kill yourself."

Last edited:

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
For me, it's...

- Lucario fanatics
They REALLY get on my nerves. They're everywhere, and they often overdo it. Like for example, when there is a top five favorite Pokemon list that say, has Gallade as the favorite and Lucario as the second favorite, a lot of the Lucario fanatics (ESPECIALLY on YouTube) will just come up and say stuff like "NUUU!!111 LUCARIO SHULD BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO GIVES A CARP ABOUT GALLADE/BLAZIKEN/INFERNPE THEY SUX LUCARIO ROX MAI SOX LUCARIO 4EVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!", and that is just the perfect way to annoy people. I've also been trolled for using Gallade and not using Lucario, even though they're meant for COMPLETELY different things. And don't even get me STARTED on the whole "Lucario outclasses Gallade" thing.

- The nostalgia blinded
If there's one kind of Pokemon fan I hate more than Lucario fanatics, it's the nostalgia blinded. The ones that just can't deal with the fact that we have more than the original 150 (noting the lack of Mew) Pokemon now, and shoot down EVERY new game and Pokemon JUST because they're new. (And the nostalgia blinded people bother me pretty much everywhere, not just in Pokemon. ~Cough cough~ Nickelodeon... ~Cough cough, hack~) And there's those people who think one thing is better than another JUST because it came first. Those bother me the most.

- Gardevoir fanatics
Though they don't bother me quite as much as Lucario fanatics or the nostalgia blinded, they still get on my nerves. There are a few kinds of Gardevoir fans that annoy me, the perverted ones, and the "they should be female only" ones, many are also the two combined. I hate it when people deform it to give it blimp sized breasts and hips. And it just annoys me when people go all "Gardevoir should be female only! They are too pretty to be male". Who says that they all have to be female? That is way too stereotypical and unoriginal. (And for the record, I am female, and I have no problem with Gardevoir being male, and I don't see it as being transgendered or anything. I don't believe in gender stereotypes.)

That's all I can think of, at the moment, though I know there are more...

Rannoyin

sing your story
The only main annoyance I've found with fans in the real world are just people who rage over what Pokemon's the best, and feel like if they have Arceus on their team they're supreme overlord of the world.

Online, Stadium fanboys annoy me the most for various reasons. I probably wouldn't be so infuriated by them if it wasn't for their endless comparisons against everything in PBR. And just seeing "Where's my Stadium 3?!" ... dear lord.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Froggle

Lolipop Girl
I hate, hate hate hate those elitist fans who think you suck for not using legendaries, or you suck for not IV breeding, or you suck because you don't obsessively collect shinies, Or you suck because you use pokemon that you like instead of the pokemon with the best stats. (Although, I'll admit I sort of love them, because it's hilarious to F.E.A.R their ubers or Shuckle 'em to death XD)

People who hate every pokemon but the original 151 -_- especially the ones that think they're 'cool' because they hate them.

People who strongly believe that THEIR FAVORITE CHARACTER IS THE BEST CHARACTER EVER AND -insert rival character here- SUXXXXX!!!!

People who think you have to like Pokemon a certain way. It's like they can't accept that the game has a lot of different aspects to it and it doesn't make you a geek to play it for the storyline, and it doesn't make you an idiot to like the battling aspect of it.

And best of all, the people that hate you for having an opinion. I've been flamed for flaming Kotone SO MANY TIMES after saying that I like Kris better XD

Any fandom on the planet is bound to have it's crazies. It's like Rule #34, no exceptions.

The Pokemon fandom is no exception. I've heard all sorts of stories about kids gone psycho at events and such. And there is, of course, the internet flame wars.

So share a story about a fan who has caused some kind of negative reaction from you, either at an event or online.

people who are fans are also suck ups who are to lazy to be successful on their own thus they cling onto the people who are successful hoping to get reconized by doing jack ****.

that is my oppinion of fans. pokemon or anything.
survival of the fittest. wow im tired laterz *thud* zzzzzzzzzzzzz

BCVM22

people who are fans are also suck ups who are to lazy to be successful on their own thus they cling onto the people who are successful hoping to get reconized by doing jack ****.

You're attempting to say... what, with this, exactly? That every person to ever call themselves a fan of anything is doing so with the sole intent of being "reconized"?

Do try and explain this one.

denizenofevil

Also, Pokemon fans who are attracted to Pokemon. They don't just like Pokemon... They want to do it with Pokemon. It's a bit much really.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
All right, there are a few groups in the fanbase that are annoying.

Fanboys can be annoying. People who talk on and on about May's breasts were a big pain back in the day. Maybe it's died down after May was out of the show, or maybe people still talk similarly about Dawn, and I don't get so much of it, because I don't visit the anime section as often as I used to.

Them and auraholics. Charizard lovers were annoying back in the day, but the lucario fanbase is even more annoying. And the eeveelution fanbase. Those buggers can throw a wrench in a good reality show in the games section every time.

Reading this thread reminded me of another one: people who start up offtopic arguments. But that isn't specifically a pokemon thing, now is it?

denizenofevil

What about both liking the series AND being a furry? =P

My only problem with any fandom are retro***s that blindly hate everything after a certain time period. It's a bit much...

What is a furry? I happen to like the Kanto and Johto Pokemon more than the newer stuff but I can assure you that it's not blind hatred of the newer stuff.

Kim62

Hello
I totally agree with everything Glass Eye said.

Any ways, some times when I talk to other people on the forums they take Pokemon way to seriously.
One time a guy swore at me because I said they weren't going to make a baby Kangaskhan.

granbull guy

Vasoline
The Crystal fangirls and guys all they did was complan when Kotone appeared

Last edited:

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Fire type fans are also really annoying. "Ooh it's shoots fire out of it's mouth so that's cool because fire and flames pwn all!!!" Lame...

Discordman

I personally do not think any fans are annoying, each person can have annoying traits now and then, but as any certain base goes, I don't think there is a group to label annoying. Whatever a person does to make this game/series enjoyable to them, more power to them. If I disagree, I just tend to ignore it.