• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying fans?

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
What are Auraholics and where can I find one?

Fans who dress up as Pokemon at Anime Conventions are quite annoying.

An Auraholic is someone who believes that the sixth spot on Ash's team should have been filled by Riolu, and complain and whine about how he didn't. They go on and on about how great Riolu would have been in Ash's team etc. etc. As for where to find one, I wouldn't recommend looking

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
An Auraholic is someone who believes that the sixth spot on Ash's team should have been filled by Riolu, and complain and whine about how he didn't. They go on and on about how great Riolu would have been in Ash's team etc. etc. As for where to find one, I wouldn't recommend looking

Oh Aura as in the kind Riolu and Lucario use.

They sound horrible. I don't like people who assume that Ash will get Riolu or Gible for that matter.

Cobalt_Latios

How is it annoying to cosplay as pokemon? It's bad to put your time and effort into making a costume and dressing up as as character from a game that you like?
My thoughts exactly. I'm planning on going as Lugia for next year. What's so bad about being creative?

<C_L>

bioteddy

Competetive players:
I only know a handful of these personally so forgive me if I stereotype, but they always treat you like an idiot if you don't use the exact team they tell you to. One time I played a competetive player who actually checked smogon to see what movesets it listed for each of my pokemon, hoping to predict what I would do. Since I don't consult with smogon when deciding on my pokemons' movesets, obviously, his predictions were wrong, which hindered his ability to counter my every move. I won, and he acused me of cheating for throwing off his predictions. They also compare competetive play to every other aspect of the game. I've actually seen them criticize people for using pokemon in a certain tier in-game, even though the concept of tiers doesn't exist outside the boundaries of Smogon. Most of these people care nothing for the series, yet still think they deserve to call themselves "fans". It's irritating.

People who brag about anything having to do with the series.
Do I really need to explain this one.

I know this one guy whos in a couple of my classes at school, who finds it appropriate to distract me from my work to start up a pokemon-related conversation. You think you know the most annoying thing in the world? let me assure you, you don't.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Okay, those fans who said that G/S were the greatest Pokemon games ever and were so excited about HG/SS and then said that HG/SS were the worst because it was to "easy" because of the low levels. They were the same as they were in the originals!

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
What are Auraholics and where can I find one?

Sorry. Let me rephrase that statement.

Auraholics were annoying. You can't find them anymore since Ash never got the Riolu from Riley, but if they ever see another opportunity for ash to get Riolu/Lucario, they'll show up.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Sorry. Let me rephrase that statement.

Auraholics were annoying. You can't find them anymore since Ash never got the Riolu from Riley, but if they ever see another opportunity for ash to get Riolu/Lucario, they'll show up.

*sigh* unfortunately. I hope they never show another episode where Ash has the chance to get Riolu or Lucario. Auraholics are just annoying

halloweenghost

Okay, those fans who said that G/S were the greatest Pokemon games ever and were so excited about HG/SS and then said that HG/SS were the worst because it was to "easy" because of the low levels. They were the same as they were in the originals!

thats pretty funny :p

Pokemon fandoom I hate the most are:

1. Absol zealotry drives me nuts! It's really annoying when Absol fanatics describe themselves as Absol because they think they are "dark, secretive, and skillful." Might as well join the Sith lords while you're at it.

2. "The Aura is With Meeee" crap is terrible. Yes, we all know that movie was great, but no need for obsession. And yes, I'm talking about ridiculous zeal over Lucario and Sir Aaron.

3. "MAGIKARP IS KING!!!!! MAGIKARP IS KING!!!!!!!!" Enter the over enthusiastic defenders of the underfish. -_-

4. Those who love pokemon battling so much they end up pretending they're pokemon themselves and screaming "Skull bash!!" or some other attack while flinging themselves at their friends. This defines the fans in my homeroom class. Ever wonder why people make fun of pokemon fans?

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
People that spend all ****ing day training their pokemon. get a life.

I also hate the little kids who get all the pokemon plushies, figures, cards and can't name the pokemon itself.

Yup I am a arse.

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
People that spend all ****ing day training their pokemon. get a life.

I also hate the little kids who get all the pokemon plushies, figures, cards and can't name the pokemon itself.

Yup I am a arse.

The fans tha bash other kinda of fans, like the ones that bash the game maniacs and the ones that bash the ones that buy the plushies.

I LOVE PLUSHIES <3

~riolulu

pokemaster001

I've also been trolled for using Gallade and not using Lucario, even though they're meant for COMPLETELY different things. And don't even get me STARTED on the whole "Lucario outclasses Gallade" thing.
ooh, friend!
Gallade has a similar offense and defense focus as Snorlax, making it not offensive, defensive, physical, or special based
Lucario, on the other hand, was made very offensively, and was clear about that by it's design and typing and movepool
so why are they similar? because they're human based fighting types from the 4th gen? Yes they do put a lot of focus into physical attack but seriously, people need to stop putting "Gallade is betr ten Lookario giyz, gawd!" and "D00D, Lucario is way 2 osum 4 u 2 use Gallaide!" in places, I love both of them and I'm prod of it!

Towriss

Banned
I hate the fans who discuss it in public with me.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
This was pre-HG/SS, but I also hate fans that took every single Johto reference and turn it into a remake hint... Hoenn's actually referenced more in Platinum... Hoenn's referenced in HG/SS... that mean Hoenn's getting a remake?
Yes. The inevitable 5th Gen remakes will happen.

Also people who say that Hoenn remakes WONT HAPPEN as we could get every pokemon with HGSS now...

Despite that the same exact argument was used to deny the rumoured GS remakes.

I didn't say they wouldn't (I want R/S/E remakes, and wanted them before HG/SS came out... Hoenn's my fav region, and Johto's my least fav region), I'm just saying how I hate when people are hypocritical.

"I WANT JOHTO REMAKES CAUSE IT'S My FAV REGION EVEN THOUGH WE CAN GET EVERY POKEMON!"
*HG/SS confirmed*
"I DON'T WANT R/S REMAKES EVEN THOUGH THERE'S SEVERAL REASONS TO REMAKE THEM, LIKE BEING THE ONLY REGION WITH NO PHYSICAL/SPECIAL SPLIT, HOENN SUCKED, YOU CAN GET ALL THE POKEMON WITHOUT THEM, MY OPINION'S THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS SO DON'T REMAKE THEM!"

^Sample of what I've seen.

And why no, I'm not saying remake them now, I meant remake them at a reasonable time (Five-six years from now.)

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Yes. The inevitable 5th Gen remakes will happen.

Also people who say that Hoenn remakes WONT HAPPEN as we could get every pokemon with HGSS now...

Despite that the same exact argument was used to deny the rumoured GS remakes.

This. Just this.

Annoying Things

I agree with quite a few of the posts on here.

Let me just state that one of the ideas posted most (against Auraholics) is a point more people need to remember: You can have a favorite, but don't act like it's the only Pokemon in existence.

I agree also that some people are very annoying when they forget that Pokemon is supposed to be kid-friendly. It's not adult.

I was once annoyed by something someone told me about Pokemon. When I believed I had an "unbeatable team" back in Gen I, this person said something like, "Well if you fight someone with the exact same team as you, obviously this team will lose." I had no clue what he meant at first, but I now realize he meant ONE SIDE HAS TO LOSE!

I would now be annoyed if anyone thought, as I once did, that they have an unbeatable team.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I hate fans that insist that the first gens were the best just because of nostaligia, i hate it so much.

pokemaster001

I just realized a kind of fan I hate
Competitive battlers that hate cosplayers
yeah...last time I checked we spend just as much nerdy time as you do
I mean not exactly the same, but still...nerds making fun of nerds...