• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying fans?

Froggle

Lolipop Girl
I find it bothersome when fans are convinced liking pokemon is the end of their social life and they must under any circumstances keep it a secret. Srsly, it's not that big a deal as long as you aren't pretending to be Pikachu and constantly ranting about it, is it really that shameful to like a video game? D:

No. 1 Machop Fan

I LOVE PLUSHIES <3

Me too. Fans that annoy me are those that think plushies are for children. I'm 18, and I love plushies so much that I even make some myself!

R_N

Everyone that seriously thinks Generation 2 was the best generation of games in every possibly possible way annoys me to no end

On a related note, the GSC remake people got on my nerves as well. Those first few days of HGSS confirmation were brutal, let me tell you.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
On a related note, the GSC remake people got on my nerves as well. Those first few days of HGSS confirmation were brutal, let me tell you.

The first few days were the only brutal days to you? Its was more like the whole time we were getting new info was just a whole black whole @_@

Lucario Hero

Defying Gravity
Nostalgia can be annoying, but I also hate the competitive battling people who constantly obsess about their perfect Garchomps with exact IVs and EVs through breeding and hours of training, with such a good moveset and the right nature and all those stupid little details that make them say they pwn you. I hate that word. *shivers*
I also agree with those who think liking Pokemon is the absolute end to any social interaction they will have to the outside world.

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
So share a story about a fan who has caused some kind of negative reaction from you, either at an event or online.

Didn't anyone read this? It seems people have been yaking on about these annoying fans, but without giving any hard evidence or examples.

Who knows, there might not be any crazy Lucario fans. And I can't say I've ever heard anyone getting all anal about nostalgia.

halloweenghost

Didn't anyone read this? It seems people have been yaking on about these annoying fans, but without giving any hard evidence or examples.

Who knows, there might not be any crazy Lucario fans. And I can't say I've ever heard anyone getting all anal about nostalgia.

ok here is my story about nastalgia and only the first gen matter........ go to almost any first gen video on youtube,.expecially the anime openings. tons of them dumping on the other gens saying that only the first gen where good..

Franciis

Okay mate
There's a guy in my school in Support Unit that talks about Pokemon constantly. I mean it's alright talking it for like 5 minutes or so but for 50 minutes when I'm trying to do my work?

Once he got this picture of all the pokemon in the pokemon world so far and asked me what's the name when he pointed at one which he pointed at a few hundred.. FML

sux 4 u:)yeah the hg/ss coverage was brutal. basically the only reason I'm intrested is to teach my duskull pain splitXD

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The only types of fan that truly bugs me are the ones who can't accept the fact that the Pokemon series is not custom fitted for them, and the crazed anti-hackers who somehow believe that hacking is a personal offense and is equatable to a hacker coming out of their DS and assaulting them.

And maybe the ones who can't admit they're wrong. I'm looking at you Commander L. Halsti (Check the Poison type thread for details) and pokemaster009.

Last edited:

denizenofevil

I got a new one. The fans who say pwn, epic, or uber in person. Uber bugs me the most though. I really don't mind it online but I hate hearing it from someone in person because it sounds stupid.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
I got a new one. The fans who say pwn, epic, or uber in person. Uber bugs me the most though. I really don't mind it online but I hate hearing it from someone in person because it sounds stupid.

My griends say uber all the time. It wasn't really annoying... I use "uber" sometimes, when I can't find another word to use... >.<

No. 1 Machop Fan

denizenofevil

Yes, I know but it sounds odd to use a German word in this context: This is so uber cool!!! It's like someone using the Japanese word for cute like this: That sweater is so kawaii!!!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Yes, I know but it sounds odd to use a German word in this context: This is so uber cool!!!

Especially as the word is a preposition. It means about or above, among a few other things. It makes no sense used in that context.

BCVM22

It makes no sense used in that context.

Sure it does. The word has permeated informal English enough so that it can be used relatively innocuously as a superlative modifier there, as if to indicate that something that is "uber cool" is in fact cooler than something that is merely "cool." It's like when Bostonians use "wicked" in the same context, i.e. "Big Papi hit the ball wicked far", meaning he done hit the ball very, very far.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Just the nostalgic idiots and the people who wanted GS remakes so badly that they used the most subtle of hints to prove its development, but when it's announced and more info is revealed, those same people obstinately whine about everything that's announced.

I mean come on. Who the hell cares that the grass is different? The game isn't even released worldwide and the first thing you do when you hear about new information is ignore the new features and perks that would make the games awesome and complain about the grass sprites of all things, among other things (including said features and perks)?