• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying fans?

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
Any fandom on the planet is bound to have it's crazies. It's like Rule #34, no exceptions.

The Pokemon fandom is no exception. I've heard all sorts of stories about kids gone psycho at events and such. And there is, of course, the internet flame wars.

So share a story about a fan who has caused some kind of negative reaction from you, either at an event or online.

Skull-Kid

In my school there use to be this girl obssesed with Pikachu. She actually believed Pokemon were real and that was going to "catch em' all!"

She found out I liked Pokemon to and she would get all up in my face. I was nice to her of course because she was only 6 but she did bug me. She would come up to me in the middle of talking to my friends and say "Pika!"

I got annoyed at her and told her to **** off. It made her cry and then I just felt sick for the rest of the day.

I said sorry to her later on so I'm not a complete monster.

;181;

Tyrant Tar

Anyone who posts "OMG Arceus is GOD!! The series must end!!!"
Bonus points for anyone who makes a topic about it.
Bonus bonus points for anyone who disagrees with BCVM22 on the matter (or fails to pick up on his sarcasm).

Raine Caulwell

Calm Gardevoir
I hate nostalgia***s.

"THE ONLY REAL POKEMON WERE THE 151. THE ONLY GOOD POKEMON GAMES WERE R/B/Y! THE NEW POKEMON LOOK LIKE RECOLORED ANIMALS."

Last time I checked, there was more creativity in the newer pokemon than in the original... which were just recolored animals. The newer games are better in this case, but I hate how it's now cool to not hate pokemon, but only the new pokemon.

These people seem to be everywhere.

Zazie

So 1991
A good 50% of pokemon fans annoy me. A few example of things that peeve me include:

People who bring up the only reason anyone would like an older part of the franchise is nostalgia. While it is sometimes the case it isn't always true and it comes across as rude to tell people that.

People who hate the anime. It's a kid's show based off of a kid's franchise, it isn't supposed to appeal to you. Stop complining about it.

People who tell me how I should be playing the game. I don't really about competetive battling, I play pokemon because I enjoy RPG's and play enjoy the games as RPG's. Don't go giving telling be nonsense about the Pokemon games being all about the multiplayer.

People who think they shouldn't make any new games because they peronally don't like the idea of having more pokemon. The whole point of pokemon is lot's and lot's of catchable monsters.

People who can't get it through their heads that Pokemon is for kids.

Last edited:

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
There was this one kid in class...

His pokemon doodles...were... well... o.0 "thats pikachu in his mommy!"

Blueysicle

Master Procratinator
The Pokemon fandom is one of the whiniest I have ever seen. It's like they're deliberately trying to find something to moan about. Case and point, back when information about the 4th Generation was just coming out, there was a rumor that the starters would be Fighting, Dark, and Psychic types instead of the standard Grass, Fire, and Water. The reaction?

"BAAAW THEY CHANGED THE STARTER TYPES! POKEMON IS RUINED FOREVER!"

Then it was confirmed that it was just a rumor somebody made up and that the starters would follow the formula that it had for ten years.

"BAAAW POKEMON IS GETTING TOO REPETITIVE! THEY NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING!"

Unless I'm looking in the wrong places, I'm seriously surprised I haven't seen a sh*tfest of whining over HGSS.

Last time I checked, there was more creativity in the newer pokemon than in the original... which were just recolored animals.

That, and count how many multiple-headed Pokemon there were in 1st Generation.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
As I've said before, near everyone with Lucario in their username also is an annoying fanboy.

Totokip

Black Triangle
1.People who are crazy for flygon and completely hate salamance.I see them as equal
2.People who hate ubers and use them
3.People who hate a certain region and use about every pokemon from it,especially the pokemon that they say they hate most...
4..Over competive battlers,the ones that say alot of mean stuff to you if you win,reason why I don't do competive,I tried it once at my cousin's and I got some very rude comments after I powned them...
5.People who tell you what to do when you're playing,I'll get help if I want it,seriously...

Last edited:

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I hate fans who crap on the 3rd gen and hail it as "the worst gen ever!" It's not my favorite gen but it really wasn't that bad.

Dattebayo

Banned
Let's see:
- Nostalgia biased fanboys
- Arceus haters
- Fans refusing to believe that Mewtwo is no longer the strongest, even though that's actually true since Melee came out
- Region/Gen haters
- Uber Spammers
- Fans who complain about the tier list on competitive play

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The good ol fandoom...

1.- Well basicly the people who want to become the writters of the anime and want everything to evolve, things to become gorish, and of course beg for some fan service...seriousy its just a tv show aired towars children...

2.- Lucario fans...seriously its a good char in smash and a decent adition in ou gameplay thanks to its resistances and moveses...but stop bishing it like a god...

3.- I do some competitive battling...but there are some paranoia freaks that start ranting about hax(crits,flinch,d-team(barely ever use it but people rant about it)) and clauses(items, sleep,etc) but among everythings rants about how u beat em using a gimmicky(trick room, fear) and bother u to have a rematch seriously they ruin the game.

4.-People saying a char of the anime is hot...there are several i know and is kinda embarrasing when they talk about how a toongirl is so damm hot...And is even worse when a girl has her bisshie..

5.-Dont make me start with pokefilia.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
There was this one kid in class...

His pokemon doodles...were... well... o.0 "thats pikachu in his mommy!"

I lol'd.

Anyways, there's this group of kids at my school that are REALLY obsessed with Pokemon, and they imitate them and pretend to fight like them. And they are sophomores, like me.

Just the other day, there was a costume contest on Friday at school, and one of the girls that hangs out in the group dressed up as a Riolu and when the people hosting the costume contest had everybody say what they were, she was like "Imma Riolu from Pokemon!!!!!!! GOTTA CATCH EM AAAAALLL!!" and everybody watching the contest just stopped talking and stared at each other like "WTF?"

Really, I understand it was a costume contest and all, and I don't mind that her and her friends like Pokemon, but I'm the type of person that doesn't really tell my friends or the whole entire world I love Pokemon, just because of my age. (I'm 15. Only one of my friends know I like Pokemon.) They just act like little 5 or 6 year olds and they're, like what, 15 or 14-ish? They imitate Pokemon at school all the time?? Seriously. They need to grow up and act mature.