• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying fans?

Blueysicle

Master Procratinator
E stands for Everyone, not Enfant.

It may suitable for and appeal to all ages, but that still doesn't hide the fact that Pokemon is primarily aimed at children.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Any fandom on the planet is bound to have it's crazies. It's like Rule #34, no exceptions.

The Pokemon fandom is no exception. I've heard all sorts of stories about kids gone psycho at events and such. And there is, of course, the internet flame wars.

So share a story about a fan who has caused some kind of negative reaction from you, either at an event or online.

There are people whom I know online who will Blacklist you and spread rumors about you if you trade just on hacked Pokemon even if it is on accident.

They are really hardcore fans. Kids take Pokemon too seriously.

-Flaming Charizard-

And the cat goes moo
O_O
O_O
O_O

Two peeps I know at school, well... years ago, when me and my friend used to play pokemon, my friends bro (In the year above) stupidly remarked, "If you still like pokemon, you're a sad weirdo!" and guess what? He ALWAYS Plays it at break time... With his best friend who always eats bananas it the bathroom (0_0 Seriously! XD!) I just find it kinda weird...!

Arceu$_EX

The Antagoni$t
Years ago when the first gen pokemon cards came out there were kids at my elementary school who were just plain crazy for their cards, or should i say berserk. One time a teacher took this kids cards until the end of the day and he went absolutely nuts flipping tables and all. other kids were laughing, even me because even though i liked the cards i wasnt so attached that i couldnt bear the fact of seperation from them. He eventually got in more trouble than he would have been if he would have just sat down like a normal person. Oh yeah not to mention he got a school-wide ban put in effect on the cards, friggin jerk...

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
This one friend of mine kept bagging on how much Togepi and Togekiss sucks and how only Togetic is cute...

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Haha, sorry. Enfant is french for child.

Ah, alright. Guess who never took French in school? lol

I don't know any really annoying fans... Although this one kid I know kinda bought Diamond, I feel, only because everyone else we knew owned the games. I think he just played through the story part of the game, then never played it again. That kind of bothered me; he wasn't into collecting or anything, he just wanted to beat the game just to get the experience of playing it. Then he did the same thing with Platinum, which is stupid since it's almost the same game as DP...

BCVM22

I think he just played through the story part of the game, then never played it again. That kind of bothered me; he wasn't into collecting or anything, he just wanted to beat the game just to get the experience of playing it.

And this is "annoying" and/or otherwise problematic... why?

Vernikova

Champion
E stands for Everyone, not Enfant.

That's like saying G-rated movies aren't geared torwards children. It's true that anyone can play the games, watch the animé, etc but that doesn't change the fact that it's primarily for children.

Anyway, I get kind of tired when people say that Pokémon should be more mature and that Pokémon Special is mature when it's really a childish book.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Many people find me annoying, but at least I'm not one of those obsessive pokemon fans. The only annoying fans that annoy me (IMO) is:

- People from Rule34 (I'm one of them, but I don't usually visit that site more often
- Obsessive shippers
- Obessive Smogon lovers
- Lorelei fans (no offense, but the ones from DA annoys me)
- Jotho and Hoenn haters
- Bandwagon haters of Ash (they're not really haters, they're just trying to act "cool" towards others and not giving many legitimate reason to bash Ash)
- Anyone that bashes any pokemon character just because of their dialogue, age, personality (most nobatly Karen, Glacia, Ash, Paul, James, etc.)

Yeah, it happens all the time and I'm not one of them. :)

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
What about that Japanese girl/woman who was a huge fan of Pikachu, that she has all Pikachu merchandise and a Pikachu car. I think she changed her name to Pikabelle or something.

What about that Japanese girl/woman who was a huge fan of Pikachu, that she has all Pikachu merchandise and a Pikachu car. I think she changed her name to Pikabelle or something.

I think I have an old issue of Nintendo Power that had a picture of Pikabelle. I have old NP player's pulse letters in my box of treasure. I'll search for it eventually. And second of all, I'm annoyed with the spoiled brats who just complain about losing and abusing high level legendary Pokemon.

Tyrant Tar

- Fans refusing to believe that Mewtwo is no longer the strongest, even though that's actually true since Melee came out

T_____T
Gosh, this... this is beyond "Arceus=God=end of Pokemon."

If Anime/Manga/Cards/Spinoff games/etc. =/= Core Games, how do you expect 'Cameo in an Unrelated Franchise' = Core Games?

Nee

Snoo Pingas Usual
I have no personal experiences with crazy fans but I remember back in the insane popularity of the first gen. I saw a news story about some kid who stabbed his brother from fighting over pokemon cards. Sure there is being a fan of something, but that incident surely was out of hand.

Sure, I consider myself as one of the nostalgia folks since I was there at the very beginning, but I dont hate the new critters. Many of them infact have grown on me over the recent years.

People who roleplay they need to grow up >.>
Sure u like the game but dressing up and pretending like ur the pokemon is creepy and little kids that like pokemon they piss me the **** of they see u playing and theyr OMG u got lugia but they see u using moves like DD and the other boosting moves and they say those moves suck wh r u using me and im like STFU u little prick then my mom gets angry and makes me say sorry to the little brats that tell me that and i tell my their n00bs and my mom is like what dose that mean and im like xD.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
This one guy at the Darkrai event last August. For starters, he was a quintessential 25-year old virgin; fat, ponytailed, bespectacled, sideburned and wearing gothy clothing to look 'cool'. He would just not shut up. He condemned Blazios for using Protect to activate Speed Boost, shouted 'Who used Double Team?!' when one of the children there used it, boasted about his hacked shiny Darkrai, his Espeon with perfect IVs across the board and his shiny Tentacool to girls, as if this would make sex with him desirable to them, had a go at a child with an Arceus for it being Normal instead of Grass and, to cap it all off, claimed that he was autistic to excuse himself for being a total freak. Take it from an aspie with an autistic nephew, he was NOT on the spectrum.

That's the kind of fan that irritates me. I swore never to become like him on that day...

Lugion

Unless I'm looking in the wrong places, I'm seriously surprised I haven't seen a sh*tfest of whining over HGSS.
There were people complaining about the color of the grass.

Anyways, this is very common among every fandom. When any fan doesn't get exactly what he/she wants, they'll whine. When one person whines, it starts a domino effect of whining.

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
The only "annoying" fans that come to mind are the ones that hang around Pokemon forums and complain about how a particular group of fans that loves a character they hate.

So basically Serebii members.

yes but you are complaining about us just there so in theory you are the annoying fan (in your own mind , don't think you can backfire this one at me)
me and my group of friends between we play pokemon , say out of a group of ten of my friends
4 play pokemon ( only one active , me)
2 Don't play but know of the others
4 don't play and don't know
between us we are aged around 13 or 14 so this means that pokemon is aimed at kids but some continue like the 4 mentioned , but all there played pokemon at some stage in their lives but i never knew a fanatic in my area
cards as well everybody used to get them and kids would be begging their parents for boosters

Rabidmunchlax

One kid at my school is really annoying. He thinks pokemon are the creation of a diety he calls the xylem, he goes on smogon in ICT lessons and when people mess with him saying "have you got a pikachu", the generic response is "Silence fool, pikachu is an inferior pokemon".

Also, anti RSE people, why cant you accept that it was the first generation with a proper plotline