• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Annoying fans?

Kobe

Bringer of cookies
I didn't say they wouldn't (I want R/S/E remakes, and wanted them before HG/SS came out... Hoenn's my fav region, and Johto's my least fav region), I'm just saying how I hate when people are hypocritical.

"I WANT JOHTO REMAKES CAUSE IT'S My FAV REGION EVEN THOUGH WE CAN GET EVERY POKEMON!"
*HG/SS confirmed*
"I DON'T WANT R/S REMAKES EVEN THOUGH THERE'S SEVERAL REASONS TO REMAKE THEM, LIKE BEING THE ONLY REGION WITH NO PHYSICAL/SPECIAL SPLIT, HOENN SUCKED, YOU CAN GET ALL THE POKEMON WITHOUT THEM, MY OPINION'S THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS SO DON'T REMAKE THEM!"

^Sample of what I've seen.

And why no, I'm not saying remake them now, I meant remake them at a reasonable time (Five-six years from now.)

I'll add another reason why Nintendo will remake R/S.

'Nintendo likes money, fans WILL buy it.'

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just the nostalgic idiots and the people who wanted GS remakes so badly that they used the most subtle of hints to prove its development, but when it's announced and more info is revealed, those same people obstinately whine about everything that's announced.

:O

Well I suppose I dislike fans that didn't want GSC remakes so badly, that they tried to disprove all the hints/rumors of said remakes even after the remakes were announced.

STICKTOPIA

5.People who tell you what to do when you're playing,I'll get help if I want it,seriously...
Omg I hate that! That's y I don't play around ppl anymore. If I want help I'll ask for it.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
So called Team Raters advise either consists of the following:

1. Your Team Stinks. Here are 6 OU Pokemon with Movesets I copied from Smogon.

2. Your Moveset for this Pokemon stinks. Here is the most predictable set for this particular Pokemon which everyone and their momma can counter.

3. Why are you using any Nature besides Adamant or Modest? Those are the bestest.

4. Why are you using -Insert Pokemon-? -Mainstream Pokemon- is better. I don't care if -Insert Pokemon- is your favorite Pokemon. Use -Mainstream Pokemon-. It's better.

Cue six page argument meant to make you feel inadequate.

Thank you. You have made the general population believe all competitive battlers are jerks who can't think for themselves.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!

2. Your Moveset for this Pokemon stinks. Here is the most predictable set for this particular Pokemon which everyone and their momma can counter.

3. Why are you using any Nature besides Adamant or Modest? Those are the bestest.

4. Why are you using -Insert Pokemon-? -Mainstream Pokemon- is better. I don't care if -Insert Pokemon- is your favorite Pokemon. Use -Mainstream Pokemon-. It's better.

Thank you. You have made the general population believe all competitive battlers are jerks who can't think for themselves.

Yeah, some team raters are full of themselves and most of them are obsessive Smogon lovers, and that's one of the reasons why Pokemon battles are getting so intoxicated, IMO. Anyone can control their own pokemon instead of listening to the "wannabe pokemon gods" that's called Smogon.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.

And thank you for making one reason I don't like certian fans for me...

Anywho, I hate fans that:

1. Who are noobs and think that Pikachu is the best (I'm not talking about any of you guys, I mean like 5 year olds and the such...)

2. People who think Pokemon is Serious Business (Some people on here...)

3. Fans who trash other parts of the fan base (Competitive Pkmn Player hating on Anime fan is an example. I'm not taking it from acutality, I just thought of an example.)

BCVM22

1. Who are noobs and think that Pikachu is the best (I'm not talking about any of you guys, I mean like 5 year olds and the such...)

How dare these toddlers think their favorite/most popular Pokémon are the best? Goddamn kids.

I don't fans that say "Pokemon should just end. I don't like the new Pokemon games." Because I love the new Pokemon games and I am, of course, eagerly awaiting 5th gen news.

I also don't like players that are obsessed about STAB moves, EV's and IV's. I understand that is how some people like to play and that is great but to me, I just like to play the games to catch, collect and train my favourite monsters.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
just like the aura holics Ive become a gible holic and I don't like the nostalgia holics and all the people who diss the 4th gen and the 3rd gen for that matter. I grew up with the third gen as the first pokemon games I played I only played crystal as my second gen. I grew up with the anime since the beginning though

halloweenghost

I don't fans that say "Pokemon should just end. I don't like the new Pokemon games." Because I love the new Pokemon games and I am, of course, eagerly awaiting 5th gen news.

Same here.. just because you grew out of it.. does not mean it needs to end.. just let the ones who do enjoy it,.. enjoy it.. thats a big anoyance with me to.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Types I do not like:

Nostalgic People who can't get over the fact that pokemon continues.

Obsessive Fanboys/girls who act like Paul or w/e is their future husband or something.

Obsessive Battlers: I might be meaning Marriland, but who cares? I would enjoy working hard and becoming something cool than being like him, having to cater to whining little boys and girls. After watching the cup game with him in it... i realized... If I were him, I would be there, all chubby n all, playing some game while my mom filmed for me....

And I decided never to be like him.

After seeing serebii i was like dude this guy is amazingly cool, he looks like a normal guy..

After seeing Marriland I was like holy crap this short, chubby dude with the weird smile (Yes I've seen his true picture from some Smogon thread where it showed his face when he was hosting the tournament) is kinda freakin me out... 0.0
And then I was like "Geek"

No offense

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
:O

Well I suppose I dislike fans that didn't want GSC remakes so badly, that they tried to disprove all the hints/rumors of said remakes even after the remakes were announced.

its pretty much comfirmed ash will get gible from a tv site that said this after the kazunari episode aired where he got gible. ASH WILL GET GIBLE BRING ON THE HATE MWAHAHAHAHA. Plus all the chomps and gabites led up to this

FlameRose

1.) People who, to this day, STILL rant about how Misty should come back to the show. Guys, it's been over seven years since she left. Let it go. Heck, I'll add people who didn't give May and Dawn a chance because "i'm not watching till MISTY comez back!!!!one!!!" Look, it's fine if you like her, but sheesh, stop acting like she's the driving point of the show. :/

2.) The ones who whine about how "childish" the anime is, saying the games and Special/Adventures are "ohsomuchdeeper". No matter how much you try and twist it around, all forms of Pokemon are aimed at children. Stop trying to just blame the anime, it's agitating.

3.) When people whine about the anime not following the games logic to the point where it's ridiculous. It's going to hurt when a Grovyle jumps into the sky, hits an Altaria with Leaf Blade, and sends it plummeting to the ground, making it hit said ground hard, and still saying it shouldn't have fainted.

4.) SHIPPERS. Not the ones who can politely discuss/debate couples, I love those people, more like the people who will literally screech at you if you say you dislike their favorite couple. (To be fair, that one's not just Pokemon.)

I probably have a few more, but these are ones I've needed to get off my chest.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.

This.
Those people are the reason I don't like to make RMTs. I once had a team that had a Metagross sweeper and Umbreon wall, and guess what, people came and said to use Lucario and Blissey instead. Guh.

ooh, friend!
Gallade has a similar offense and defense focus as Snorlax, making it not offensive, defensive, physical, or special based
Lucario, on the other hand, was made very offensively, and was clear about that by it's design and typing and movepool
so why are they similar? because they're human based fighting types from the 4th gen? Yes they do put a lot of focus into physical attack but seriously, people need to stop putting "Gallade is betr ten Lookario giyz, gawd!" and "D00D, Lucario is way 2 osum 4 u 2 use Gallaide!" in places, I love both of them and I'm prod of it!

THANK YOU! FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES!

Just to think, this person I saw on YouTube a while back commented on a Gallade tribute, and said something like "screw gallade... GO LUCARIO". Now, you see, I probably wouldn't dislike Lucario like I do if it and Gallade could just COEXIST IN PEACE, DANG IT.

I've also seen this person on YouTube who went up to someone who had a Gallade on their team (yes, I know I'm talking about Gallade too much, but these are just examples) and said something like "NUUUUUUU!!!11 USE GARDIIIIIIEEEE!!!11111!!!11 SHE IS TEH HAWTNESS!!!!!!!!111"... must I say anything else?

Why can't Gallade, Gardevoir, and Lucario just coexist peacefully? >_>;;

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
its pretty much comfirmed ash will get gible from a tv site that said this after the kazunari episode aired where he got gible. ASH WILL GET GIBLE BRING ON THE HATE MWAHAHAHAHA. Plus all the chomps and gabites led up to this

What is this I don't even~

I was talking about the games, HGSS, not the anime.

Those Gibleholics aren't so bad.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
1.) People who, to this day, STILL rant about how Misty should come back to the show. Guys, it's been over seven years since she left. Let it go. Heck, I'll add people who didn't give May and Dawn a chance because "i'm not watching till MISTY comez back!!!!one!!!" Look, it's fine if you like her, but sheesh, stop acting like she's the driving point of the show. :/

2.) The ones who whine about how "childish" the anime is, saying the games and Special/Adventures are "ohsomuchdeeper". No matter how much you try and twist it around, all forms of Pokemon are aimed at children. Stop trying to just blame the anime, it's agitating.

3.) When people whine about the anime not following the games logic to the point where it's ridiculous. It's going to hurt when a Grovyle jumps into the sky, hits an Altaria with Leaf Blade, and sends it plummeting to the ground, making it hit said ground hard, and still saying it shouldn't have fainted.

4.) SHIPPERS. Not the ones who can politely discuss/debate couples, I love those people, more like the people who will literally screech at you if you say you dislike their favorite couple. (To be fair, that one's not just Pokemon.)

I probably have a few more, but these are ones I've needed to get off my chest.

LOL. I'm one of them and I always bash anyone whenever they are bashing any of my shippings. It's kinda sad, really. :(

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
I also hate those people who say something like '[insert a Pokemon name here] is overrated because it can simply be taken down by [insert a move that the Pokemon weaks to]'.
Only Sableye and Spiritomb have no weaknesses(not counting Foresight+Fighting type moves), but does this makes them the strongest Pokemon ever?

This is as annoying as bashing a Gym Leader/Elite 4 member by saying 'MEH, U CAN JUZ BEAT HIM/HER WITH [insert a Pokemon or a move here]!!11!!'

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I also hate those people who say something like '[insert a Pokemon name here] is overrated because it can simply be taken down by [insert a move that the Pokemon weaks to]'.
Only Sableye and Spiritomb have no weaknesses(not counting Foresight+Fighting type moves), but does this makes them the strongest Pokemon ever?

That brings up something else that annoys me. And I think it's something that alot of people get too. When someone calls a Pokemon 'Uber' and bans them from matches or tournaments because they can't handle them with their team. If you can't handle it with your team, then change the team around. Or how about this? GET BETTER AT THE GAME INSTEAD OF WHINING ALL THE TIME! Calling a Pokemon 'Uber' is the stupidest excuse in the world. And to me, anyone that does it only does it to draw attention away from their obvious lack of skill at the game.

They're almost as annoying as the 'Stop having fun guys.' guy (the single most annoying type of fan in the book).

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Sbaby- My cousin is exactly like that, I can't use Tyrantiar anymore because he says it's "Uber" just because it won't die. And many Pokemon Flygon, Vapereon etc that don't IMMEDITELY die or take too much damage from super effective moves he calls ubers as well, I bet if I could use Tyranitar I would have some wins aleast.

Of course this is kinda my fault, I should have never told him about Garchomp or any kind of Uber Pokemon, I am too nice for my own good.
Of course he's not that much of a fan yet acts like he knows everything about Pokemon. Like for starters he thinks Pokemon should have three moves of the same type which is wrong isn't it? Just because he can defeat me doesn't mean you are the best, when you are battling with someone who doesn't get that much wins with any games it's not something to brag about.

Also I got him to go on the wifi and battled some people from here, of course when they defeat him he calls them cheaters and says people who Ev trained are cheaters, that's really annoying but it's not just Pokemon he acts like he knows everything about everything.