1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying Pokemon you've faced in a blind playthrough.

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by shoz999, Apr 2, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Thorton hears a battle

[​IMG]
    Player - "I have truly become the Pokemon Master."
    Lucy's Shuckle - "I'm going to end this kid's whole career."

Annoying Pokemon you have faced in a blind playthrough or at the very least you went in a battle blindly. That means you didn't looked up the Pokemon teams before fighting the trainer or a specific Pokemon encounter for the first time ever.

For me, I recall Lucy's Shuckle being really annoying in the RNG side of things if you can't stop it from setting up. It's much easier when you plan things out, especially the move taunt which completely obliterates Shuckles stall role but if you don't plan it out, Shuckle is incredibly annoying due to double-team, protect, sandstorm and rest.

2. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Juan's Kingdra and catching a Wimpod for the first time.

BTS_fan and shoz999 like this.
  3. shoz999

Kingdra, Juan's signature Pokemon was definitely a surprise because most people know Kingdra as Clair's signature Pokemon.

4. AuroraBeam

AuroraBeam Well-Known Member

Brawly's Makuhita hits kinda hard if you aren't prepped for it...

Also Cipher Admin Dakim's team from Colosseum is weirdly tough compared to everything before him & he's still fairly early in the game. I remember quitting the game the 1st time I played it because of his protect + earthquake combos.

BTS_fan, WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.
  5. shoz999

I remember that! Makuhita is not only bulky but his arm thrust attacks can one or two-shot most of your Pokemon. Also because I played Pokemon Ruby blindly, Makuhita was one of the more odder-looking Pokemon to me at the time.

Also I remember Dakim's Earthquake spam attack. I think he continues doing Earthquake even if you got flying-type Pokemon.

6. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Misty's Starmie comes to mind, as it has Recover and Water Pulse, which often causes confusion. Agatha's Gengar is annoying to deal with, too, since it knows Hypnosis. Wallace's Milotic, because of Ice Beam and Recover. Juan's Kingdra, since it was only weak to Dragon attacks back then and spams Double Team. Roark's Cranidos, it is quick for an unevolved Pokemon and has very high Attack. Crasher Wake's Floatzel, it is very quick and has Ice Fang to counter Grass-types. Aaron's Drapion, since it is only weak to Ground attacks and also knows Ice Fang. Marshal's Sawk, as he has Sturdy and knows Stone Edge to counter Flying-types.

shoz999 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  7. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Yum! Turkey and Mashed Potatoes! Staff Member Moderator

Definitely. I'd add in Morty's Gengar for the same reason as Agatha's. Its Hypnosis is a pain. Also, Whitney's Miltank can be a pain if it gets a chance to start on a Rollout run.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. shoz999

Speaking of hypnosis. Who remembers Lenora's Hypnotizing Watchog lol? Normally you don't expect Hypnosis Pokemon that early in Gym Battles but as usual, BW is an exception.

As for Misty's Starmie, oh yeah. I'm starting to remember. That Pokemon can outspeed you and hit's really hard. Definitely one of those Pokemon you don't want to cockily bring a fire-type in. Don't remember Gengar's that well, I think it's because I spammed Earthquake quite a lot lol. Miltoic, that is definitely an annoying Pokemon for first-timers because you have no idea what it's stats are. I have no idea what it's stats are. Was this supposed to be a bulky Pokemon. Why is it's offenses so high? And not to mention I do recall Milotic having Water Pulse which also confusess your Pokemon. Oh yeah, Juan's Kingdra was definitely a surprise. I did not expect to see a Johto Pokemon re-used again as someone's signature Pokemon for Hoenn.

As for Roark's Carnidos, I think it really depends on which starter you have. He was kind of easy with grass or water. Crasher Wake's Floatzel. I don't recall it being difficult. In fact for me, it would actually have to be Maylene's Lucario that proved to be quite a surprise if you weren't overleveled. Again, don't remember Aaron that well. I remember he had quite the cool team for a Bug-type Trainer and that's it but you know who is really annoying from the Sinnoh Elite Four? Lucian's Bronzong, that was quite the huge surprise for me as the rest of his Pokemon have been nothing but offensive and then you got Bronzong standing in your way of the Champion. I feel like the entire Unova Elite Four generally has at least that one annoying Pokemon you weren't expecting. For me all four of Marshall's Pokemon were unexpected on the first try, really diverse in terms of stats.

Ignition and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  9. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

gen4 Whitney's miltank. gave me more trouble than i expected. still won it but i did underestimate it.

10. shoz999

You should see Miltank in Pokemon Stadium 2 lol. Not only is it fairly annoying if your not prepared but it also does it's annoying moves, including Earthquake, by dancing like a ballerina. I'm not kidding. It's a ballerina-dancing cow. What's even more funnier than this is that Miltank, although it looks slow and down-to-earth, has an averagely good speed stat of a 100.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  11. Nockturne

Nockturne Well-Known Member

Jupiter's (underleveled) Skuntank, its entirely possible you won't have a ground type move at that stage and crit Night Slash is OHKO on basically everything you'd have.

shoz999 likes this.
  12. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

A recent battle I had trouble with was some guy in Konikoni City in USUM. He had a Clampearl that kept using Iron Defense and Scald against my team who didn't have a type advantage.

shoz999 likes this.
  13. WishIhadaManafi5

Just remembered a recent one... a battle against Lorelei in the Elite 4 in Let's Go Pikachu. Her Jynx spams Lovely Kiss a lot and it gets old very fast.

shoz999 likes this.
  14. shoz999

Ah yes. How could I forget about Skunktank. He does live up to it's name in the early game and his Night Slash is not to be underestimated, the same goes with Mars's very own Purugly and it's Fake-Out move early on.

That reminds me of a lot of annoying defense-raising trainers that some random trainers had but Scald? Sounds like quite the annoying roadblock for you.

Definitely a Pokemon you want to one-shot right away.

15. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

It was only memorable because of how tedious and frustrating it was. If I recall my team consisted of Torracat, Rockruff, Seel, and a few others. All I could do was slowly widdle its health down.

16. shoz999

Sounds pretty annoying I bet. You either finish this battle or you can avoid the trainer by restarting the game but like a lot of us who run into random trainers that annoy us for the first time, we forget to save beforehand.

17. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

One time on Sapphire, Sidney’s Shiftry did Double Team so many times, none of my moves could hit it. I just turned off my game.

BTS_fan, WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.
  18. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Candice’s Froslass in Platnium. Snow Cloak + Double Team made me want to reset the entire file

shoz999 likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Kosokumushi (Wimpod) in Ultra Sun since catching one was a nightmare due to their ability. I hate Pokemon that flee in general.

BTS_fan, shoz999 and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  20. WishIhadaManafi5

Heck yea, I hate that as well... mainly in regards to fleeing legendary Pokemon (meaning ones that roam). Whether in G/S/C, or in newer games.

shoz999 likes this.